Carnival stock

msstarr22

Read a bit about Carnival stock and getting onboard credit. DH is watching it but since I sail on Nov 10th how much advance notice to I need to give Carnival to get the credit? Where do I send my information to to get the credit? I know this has been out there before but need more into.

Click on the link on this page to get most of the info you need. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I would think you have enough time to get the stock and apply for the OBC before you sail. However, the price is going up right now, so you have to decide for yourself when to buy. I bought mine several years ago and have used it 8 or 9 times, so it has been a benefit to me.

The requests get processed quickly. I believe the only time restriction is on how early you can send in the request. It seems I read that the proof of ownership has to be dated not more than 90 days prior to the sail date.

IMHO as long as it's a buy and hold (meaning you won't need to cash in in the foreseeable future) and you cruise annually it's a good time to buy. (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with any financial business whatsoever and not recommending buying CCL for any reason other than the OBC opportunity.)

Anyway if you've got $3500 to park you'll get back $100 in OBC on the next cruise (assuming it's a 7 night) plus a probable dividend check in November. CCL hasn't missed a quarterly dividend in this century AFAIK. That should make about a 3.5% return (OBC + dividend) this year.

Charlie

They processed my request for the credit in about 24 hours. I don't know if there's a cut off after a certain point though as the cruise date approaches.

The PDF doc on the CCL corporate website states to submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance. Mine doesn't usually take that long, but a couple of times I have had to fax my request more than once after not getting a response.

The requests get processed quickly. I believe the only time restriction is on how early you can send in the request. It seems I read that the proof of ownership has to be dated not more than 90 days prior to the sail date.

IMHO as long as it's a buy and hold (meaning you won't need to cash in in the foreseeable future) and you cruise annually it's a good time to buy. (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with any financial business whatsoever and not recommending buying CCL for any reason other than the OBC opportunity.)

Anyway if you've got $3500 to park you'll get back $100 in OBC on the next cruise (assuming it's a 7 night) plus a probable dividend check in November. CCL hasn't missed a quarterly dividend in this century AFAIK. That should make about a 3.5% return (OBC + dividend) this year.

Charlie

They suspended the dividend after 12/2008 and didn't resume again till 3/2010.

Yup. I missed that. No dividends in 2009 and weak returns in 2010.

Charlie

I was very, very lucky. I bought my 100 shares 3/2009 at $17.06. So I have a good profit & have been able to get OBC for several cruises so far.

As with any single stock....never risk it if you can not afford to lose it.

We sail enough every year to get at least a 10% return on our money (not counting dividends)....tax free. ;)

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

Guest Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450

Fax 305 406 6102

HI all!

I just bought the stock today after selling my RCL which I bought in 2009.

Their non combination of discounts made it less advantageous for OBC.

Just faxed in my request for my Nov 3 cruise as I didn't know one could email. Sure hope I'm not too late.

mateome ~ thanks for that info, sounds easier than the fax.

~ Jo ~ :)

I notice on the website document that it is valid through July of 2014. Do they normally update these documents or is the program ending?

I hope they are just updated regularly because I have a cruise scheduled for August of 2014 and I'd like to use the benefit..................:confused:

I notice on the website document that it is valid through July of 2014. Do they normally update these documents or is the program ending?

I hope they are just updated regularly because I have a cruise scheduled for August of 2014 and I'd like to use the benefit..................:confused:

So far it has always been renewed in the past few yeas we have used it. There has always been an "end date," but it has, so far, always been extended.

So far it has always been renewed in the past few years we have used it. There has always been an "end date," but it has, so far, always been extended.

Thank you! You have just MADE MY DAY!

I just bought it not too long ago and my cabinmate is using HER shareholder benefit. Can only use one per cabin but I bought it on the assumption that I could use it next August.:D:D:D

Are the on board credits available from owning Carnival Stock available on Princess cruises as well as Carnivals since they are owned by the same company?

Yes, any of the companies owned by Carnival Corp. are included.

• 1 month later...