Waitlist Changing And Not For The Better

Friscoonetwo

What is up with the waitlist on the Coral Princess Jan 19 Panama Cruise? When I originally signed up in the personalizer for the 5:45 seating for 2 people about a month ago I was #146 on the waitlist. Today when I checked, I was up to #190. I could understand if my number had gone lower since people might change their mind and switch to anytime. But can someone explain to my why in a month's time my waitlist number went that much higher.

Thanks in advance

Friscoonetwo

Its possible that as they move things around and the like, they may have to shuffle some people from late dining waitlist to early or vice versa. If you are moved from list A to List B, your place is set based on when you booked, so you can bump someone down who booked later.

That said, 40 some spots is rare.

What is up with the waitlist on the Coral Princess Jan 19 Panama Cruise? When I originally signed up in the personalizer for the 5:45 seating for 2 people about a month ago I was #146 on the waitlist. Today when I checked, I was up to #190. I could understand if my number had gone lower since people might change their mind and switch to anytime. But can someone explain to my why in a month's time my waitlist number went that much higher.

Thanks in advance

Friscoonetwo

I don't know the answer-just speculating here---

Could it be because of Captain's Circle membership level and that those who are in the top levels are given priority in dinning reservations?

They CAN change it, and they will get some priority, but usually not 40 of them on one trip.

Is it possible that people who booked earlier than others (I.E. Booked 6 months out vs. those that booked 4 months out) have priority? They either waited to choose which method of dining, or changed it recently?

Just fishing...

We've had to change our seating assignments twice on Princess cruises. In both instances we were confirmed for second seating. In the first instance, we were assigned anytime dining. I waited in line the first afternoon, and the maitre d' was able to find a table for us. The second time we were assigned a table for two and did not find out until the first night's dinner. The maitre d' was able to move us to a larger table for the remainder of the cruise.

So, even if you don't get what you want, it's possible to arrange it once you're on the ship.

Check your confirmation email. If it says traditional 5:45 confirmed then you are confirmed. The numbers are for anyone who is thinking of changing to 5:45 traditional dining. Its just a warning that if you change your will be number ??? on the wait list.

I was curious and called Princess. She was kind enough to explain this after I mentioned that a number of CC readers were somewhat concerned at the changing wait list number. These wait list numbers are part of their new website.

Those in Suites do have priority. They will automatically be confirmed if they book Traditional dining. Though, I doubt 50 people booked suites. Most likely a group that has some pull in filling the ship that wanted Traditional dining.

Check your confirmation email. If it says traditional 5:45 confirmed then you are confirmed. The numbers are for anyone who is thinking of changing to 5:45 traditional dining. Its just a warning that if you change your will be number ??? on the wait list.

I was curious and called Princess. She was kind enough to explain this after I mentioned that a number of CC readers were somewhat concerned at the changing wait list number. These wait list numbers are part of their new website.

Thank you, that is extremely helpful and makes sense. I'm confirmed. :D

Archived