Oasis zipline

izzypooch

First my disclaimer: I am a 65-year-old scaredy pants. There is no way in the world I would ever do a traditional, tree-to-tree zip line but I am trying to talk myself into doing the zip line on the Oasis. So for those who have done it, how long does it actually last? How bad is it? Has anybody seen or heard of anyone getting hurt? Also, how long is the line, generally. If the line is long, I might have an excuse to cut and run!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to this kind of stuff but I went ahead and did the Oasis zip line without any issues. It isn't scary at all and it really isn't very steep so it doesn't even zip you accross real fast. Plus, there is somebody waiting on the other end for you to make sure you are able to stop properly.

The actual time zipping accross is only a few seconds and it is funny that it took me about 10 minutes to wait in line, get the gear on and then get the gear off again....all for a 10 second ride.

Anyway, I am glad I did it and would definately recommend you doing it at least once if for no other reason than to say you did it.

It is a quick ride. We haven't been hurt but a friend of ours with long legs misplaced his feet at the end point and had a bit of a limp for a few days. More of an operator error than anything. He hand fun except for the soreness. We would do it again.

Just don't do it on the last day sea days as there are lineups.

Andrew

I am very scared of heights, and I did it with just a little nervousness beforehand. It was very short and I'm glad I did it. There were no lines on boarding day when they opened. Definitely get it in before the last sea day though...lines are long then.

First my disclaimer: I am a 65-year-old scaredy pants. There is no way in the world I would ever do a traditional, tree-to-tree zip line but I am trying to talk myself into doing the zip line on the Oasis. So for those who have done it, how long does it actually last? How bad is it? Has anybody seen or heard of anyone getting hurt? Also, how long is the line, generally. If the line is long, I might have an excuse to cut and run!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did the allure one it was fun this coming from a 52 year old adolescent who is 6 foot 4 and 280 lbs barely made the weigh lol remember get your legs up at the end and in a running motion

Is it open on port days?
YES. Others have posted pictures of the hours. When we have done it on port days there were so few people that when you walked back still wearing the harness to return it, they practically begged you to go again rather than take off the harness. IMO opinion the first step over the edge is the only hard part - once on the zip line it is 7 seconds of fun:D with no time to think about being scared.

enjoy

Thom

I agree its about 7 seconds.. I did it on the Oasis before I did the one in HAiti and I was more nervous about the Oasis one.. but its fine they are very professional there. Just make sure your wearing sneakers and have nothing in your pockets

Archived