"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas- Bermuda / Nov 1, 2013

Radio

I am sailing Jan 26, 2014. . .

Radio

;);)

From Baltimore?? Maybe Jan 21st - when we get off ?? Nothing leaving on the 26th. :eek:

BTW, I really enjoyed your live report. Thank you. We have been on the Enchantment several times but never on the Grandeur. Looking forward to it!

Edited by MS52

I am sailing Jan 26, 2014. . .

Radio

;);)

Aww, will just miss you. We're sailing, 10 nights, 1/11. They're having a short cruise after that? We get back 1/21, you leave 5 days later? I could never do less than 7 days! Prefer 10 or more. Even 8 feels like you just unpacked, then it's over! You cruise so much more than we, so guess that makes the difference. Have a nice Holiday season! Thanks again for all your posts, it really was what I needed!

Ginger

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

From Baltimore?? Maybe Jan 21st - when we get off ?? Nothing leaving on the 26th. :eek:

BTW, I really enjoyed your live report. Thank you. We have been on the Enchantment several times but never on the Grandeur. Looking forward to it!

I will be sailing Carnival Pride from Cruise Maryland. . . Jan 26, 2014

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Radio, thank you for another great live report. I could sit here and read them all day, everyday.

Dw and myself are going to Bermuda on the Grandeur on August 15, 2014. This review just builds the excitement for us. I do have two questions though. Where is the Rum Swizzle inn? I have heard so much about it and we would really like to go there. The other question is what program are you using for all the navigation info when you are on board the ship? Is that just a picture of their program on the ship or do you use a special website/program?

Radio, no matter if the sun shines or the rain pours, your "LIVE" reports are always so wonderful to read. Each one different and each one with pictures not seen before. Well done as always :)

Have wonderful smooth sails on your upcoming cruises. I would love to read a comparison review of Carnival Pride cruise vs. Royal Caribbean.

RADIO

We enjoyed very much your review and excellent pictures. You have put us now in a great mood to pack and get ready for our cruise on Nov. 16 to the Western Caribbean on the Grandeur. What a great welcome!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season

small-free-fall-printable-happyandblessedhome.jpg

Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

What's that about?

Nothing at all. Just being a smarta$$. I thought Radio usually traveled on RCI.

I haven't gone on the Pride or been on Carnival so I really have no opinion. I would leave from Baltimore on almost any cruise ship if I had the opportunity and/or unlimited funds. :o

Edited by MS52

I would leave from Baltimore on almost any cruise ship if I had the opportunity and/or unlimited funds. :o

I'd leave on 'any' cruise ship leaving from Balto.,. Can't beat being 15 minutes from the port. :)

Edited by WetToes

Radio, thank you for another great live report. I could sit here and read them all day, everyday.

Dw and myself are going to Bermuda on the Grandeur on August 15, 2014. This review just builds the excitement for us. I do have two questions though. Where is the Rum Swizzle inn? I have heard so much about it and we would really like to go there. The other question is what program are you using for all the navigation info when you are on board the ship? Is that just a picture of their program on the ship or do you use a special website/program?

It's just called "The Swizzle Inn," but the Rum Swizzle is their signature beverage.

There are actually two of them. The original is on the east side of Hamilton, just prior to the causeway that runs by the airport, and the newer one is on the South Shore Road.

If you load up my Overview of Bermuda map, you can find both of them marked. Easiest is to click on the name linked under the map, and it will pop up a pointer for you.

Both of them are on the major bus routes, or of course, a taxi or a scooter will get you there as well.

Theron

Is that a new ultra-wide lens? I noticed that you had some pictures earlier in the thread of the cabin that appeared to be shot with a UW.

Does Grandeur usually sail out of Baltimore with so many empty cabins?

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I used GoPro Hero3 for many of the shots on this "LIVE". I love the camera. . .I just wish it would do a better job with low light pics. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio,

I hope you're going to do a "Live from" thread on your Pride cruise. Just make sure you remind us all over here on the RCI board. ;)

One of my daughters did her one and only cruise on the Pride, so I want to hear about it from someone with more experience.

Thank you again for taking us along!