Anyone who usually books Ocean Balcony cabins try a Central Park One?

molly361

That was my biggeset complaint about the Oasis. If you don't have an oceanview cabin, you hardly ever see the water. We had a Central Park balcony, and it was nice and all, but we love to see the water and the way that ship is laid out, you hardly ever see the water unless you're on the pool deck. Nope, I'd rather face the water if it's up to me.

haven't sailed on Oasis :Dyet, but saw so many great shots of the view from the last aft B1 balconies when doing research here I made sure to find a sailing that had one available to book.

Appears as though, in addition to the several hundred $ difference vs a direct ocean balcony, they have a nice view of the wake and water show.

Just checked our March Cruise on Oasis and we could save $2,800.00 if we choose a Neighborhood Guarantee Balcony Cabin and I'm not sure we would do it as we love our 2 connecting D4 Cabins.

Oh well.................

Unless you have the funds in your personal life at which this amount does not matter to you, I would change over to this room.

I like looking at the ocean, but for more than half the cruise all you see is water. After 15 minutes of that, I get bored.

We just came back from a B2B where we had a Boadwalk balcony on the first leg, and a Central Park on the other. We wouldn't book either one of them again, too much outside noise, especilly on the Boardwalk. There is always something going on, on the Boardwalk, with the Aqua Theater there with some of them running well past 11pm. The Central Park was better, but we could still hear the noise where there was an activity up there. We are seniors, and not party animals so we need our rest.

I first wanted to try a Boardwalk balcony but am a light sleeper and have heard that they can be noisy.

I am a very light sleeper where I can not even sleep with the windows open because I hear every noise. I have not had any problems with with Boardwalk or Central Park.

Is there really that much in price difference? When I was pricing the Allure for my last cruise last April, there was only about $300 difference for both of us to change to insides $150/pp. We had a ocean view balcony on central park deck near the forward elevators and I loved it. So convenient to central park and a quick elevator ride to other areas and got to enjoy the ocean side balcony too.

I have a boardwalk balcony for my Oasis cruise in 2015. We'll see how that works out. At least it isn't a port intensive cruise so I don't have to go to bed early and like the convenience to see the shows in the Aqua theater from our balcony and can see the aft fine.

Is there really that much in price difference? When I was pricing the Allure for my last cruise last April, there was only about $300 difference for both of us to change to insides $150/pp. We had a ocean view balcony on central park deck near the forward elevators and I loved it. So convenient to central park and a quick elevator ride to other areas and got to enjoy the ocean side balcony too.

I have a boardwalk balcony for my Oasis cruise in 2015. We'll see how that works out. At least it isn't a port intensive cruise so I don't have to go to bed early and like the convenience to see the shows in the Aqua theater from our balcony and can see the aft fine.

The cruise we are looking at is $200 less total for a CP view as opposed to ocean view balcony.

We are booked on the Allure for next December but our friends want us to join them on one in November instead. That cruise is $500 more for an OV balcony and $300 more for a CP balcony then the one in December.

Edited by molly361

We loved the Central Park balcony when we sailed on Oasis a couple of years ago. We're booked on Allure in February and also booked a CP balcony. It is nice sitting on the balcony and watch pax's strolling and eating by the many restaurants.

Then I guess it depends on what your preferences are like. I personally stay in insides, ocean views with windows and balconies depending on the cost & price I'm willing to pay. Some things to consider; there likely won't be as much air flow on the CP balcony vs outside - that can be a positive or negative depending on the time of year. There is still air since its open but it can be less windy and warmer. CP won't be very noisy vs boardwalk so you would probably be okay there. Lights are on in central park so light could come thru the curtain edges more than the ocean side. That makes a difference to me cuz I like total darkness which is why I don't mind inside cabins when I have to cruise for cheap.

I've sailed in everything from a studio on NCL to the Royal suite on Celebrity. I booked 3 Central Park View cabins last May for our family. There were 4 adults and 3 children. Everyone enjoyed them and I felt it was money well spent. I would not spend money on a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony. If you're going to get a balcony get an ocean view.