Hawaii

Tenn4ever

Why doesn't Celebrity sail Hawaii in the winter months ...January and February?:(

Probably chasing $$ with busy summer season in the southern hemiphere ..:)

S and P.

Arghh. I will only go to Hawaii in Jan or Feb. Ughh....I guess that leaves me with :(

You can always try Princess... we did a Hawaii cruise with them in February. Although Hawaii was nice, it was a bit cold over and back, so we won't be cruising during February again, unless its a super deal!

Might I ask... why are you only willing to go to Hawaii in Jan or Feb?

Edited by mikjr

Arghh. I will only go to Hawaii in Jan or Feb. Ughh....I guess that leaves me with :(

Or you might have to try another line perhaps (as suggested by others)…HAL, Princess and Carnival all have Hawaii roundtrip cruises both jan/feb 2014 and 2015. Not Celebrity…but still Hawaii !!:D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

R/T Hawaii don't go through Mexico - just the one way repo cruises, and Celebrity won't be doing that anymore since the Solstice is being modified to fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

(NCL America is U.S. flagged and crewed, for any that don't know and are curious. This allows them to transport passengers without need to visit a foreign port.)

We are bummed that Celebrity (and RCI) have abandoned R/T Hawaii's for the foreseeable future -- it's our favorite cruise :(

Yes, that would be my choice over X's cruise from California and returning to Mexico with the bus ride across the border.

That is only necessary for one way cruise between Hawaii and the US west coast where it is impractical to make a distance foreign port stop, closest would be a South American port, as required by Passenger Vessel Service Act of 1886 regulations. This occurs typically when ships are repositioning from/to Asia or Australia and the cruisline wants to board in one American port and disembark passengers in a different American port.

If the cruise embarks and returns to the same port in California or anywhere else in the USA it is a closed loop cruise and only a close foreign port, like Ensenada, Mexico, needs to be visited so the bus transfer wouldn't be necessary for this type of itinerary. That is the itinerary we have on our upcoming X Century Hawaii cruise. In fact for our cruise the ship only makes a service stop in Ensenada where the passengers don't even get off the ship to visit that port. ;)

R/T Hawaii don't go through Mexico - just the one way repo cruises, and Celebrity won't be doing that anymore since the Solstice is being modified to fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

(NCL America is U.S. flagged and crewed, for any that don't know and are curious. This allows them to transport passengers without need to visit a foreign port.)

We are bummed that Celebrity (and RCI) have abandoned R/T Hawaii's for the foreseeable future -- it's our favorite cruise :(

I recently went on a Hawaii cruise from Ensenada and it wasn't that bad. Check in at San Diego pier, coach down to Ensenada 2 hour trip. The only issue was only two security scanners so it took an hour to get on board after arrival.:D

The October 22, 2013 bus trip from San Diego to Ensenada was lousy for many. Very disorganized Celebrity staff at the pier. Failed to announce clearly which busses were leaving. Our bus wasn't full so they took passengers sitting on the seawall waiting for later busses who had been assigned to bus numbered 33. We were 8. Many unhappy cruisers. For us it was OK but we heard stories for days about the problems. The delays caused by the Mexican bureaucrats at the Ensenada pier was absurd but not Celebrity's fault

Edited by Bfson

The October 22, 2013 bus trip from San Diego to Ensenada was lousy for many. Very disorganized Celebrity staff at the pier. Failed to announce clearly which busses were leaving. Our bus wasn't full so they took passengers sitting on the seawall waiting for later busses who had been assigned to bus numbered 33. We were 8. Many unhappy cruisers. For us it was OK but we heard stories for days about the problems. The delays caused by the Mexican bureaucrats at the Ensenada pier was absurd but not Celebrity's fault

Sorry to hear that this went so badly after getting it fairly right the month before.