Kids on Royal

jdmerck

Anyone know how the kids program is so far on the Royal??? our family will be joining the Dec 15th cruise, im hearing a lot of issues from other people, but I have not heard anything about kids on the ship, did I hear correctly that there is only one pool?? so all the adults are with the kids???

Anyone know how the kids program is so far on the Royal??? our family will be joining the Dec 15th cruise, im hearing a lot of issues from other people, but I have not heard anything about kids on the ship, did I hear correctly that there is only one pool?? so all the adults are with the kids???

Yes, one pool. This offers the wonderful opportunity to be with children 24/7.:rolleyes:

I see two pools.....one on Lido and one on Sun....am I missing something?

There are 3 pools. The person who said only one pool is mistaken. Obviously they have never been on the ship. We just went on the Royal for the 5 day to Grand Turk and our daughter who is 6 loved the kids club. However there were only 31 children on the ship so they combined the 2 kids clubs into one. The teen club was completely closed due to lack of teens. On the lido deck there are two pools and a fountain area between them. The aft pool is only 3 feet deep and is primarily for kids or really short adults. :) The other pool is the deep pool for everyone. I think it is 5 feet 6" deep. Then in the forward part of the ship on the sun deck is the Retreat (adult only) pool just before the Sanctuary area.

Hope this helps.

Edited by e2011

Thank you for the info, my son is 10, we did Caribbean Princess last year, he LOVED the kids club (being an only child loves being with other kids) when a family vacation with a kid and grandparents are involved you wanna make sure things don't get pissy if you get what I mean...LOL but the 3ft pool well a tad small..LOL did they not turn the fountains on during the day to have kids play in them or not for that, nothing like restless kids

There are 3 pools. The person who said only one pool is mistaken. Obviously they have never been on the ship. We just went on the Royal for the 5 day to Grand Turk and our daughter who is 6 loved the kids club. However there were only 31 children on the ship so they combined the 2 kids clubs into one. The teen club was completely closed due to lack of teens. On the lido deck there are two pools and a fountain area between them. The aft pool is only 3 feet deep and is primarily for kids or really short adults. :) The other pool is the deep pool for everyone. I think it is 5 feet 6" deep. Then in the forward part of the ship on the sun deck is the Retreat (adult only) pool just before the Sanctuary area.

Hope this helps.

Technically you are correct - there are three pools. However, the aft pool is for very little people when open and the forward pool is surrounded by private cabanas whose owners consider others to be intruders. No, they can't throw you out - you are allowed to go there - but you won't feel popular. For practical purposes, there is one pool (unless you rent a cabana) that is for everybody else.:eek:

Technically you are correct - there are three pools. However, the aft pool is for very little people when open and the forward pool is surrounded by private cabanas whose owners consider others to be intruders. No, they can't throw you out - you are allowed to go there - but you won't feel popular. For practical purposes, there is one pool (unless you rent a cabana) that is for everybody else.:eek:

If you like pool time avoid the Royal.

There's a pool in the adult-only Retreat area, right? I could give a rat's a## who booked the cabanas. The Retreat pool is free for all adults.

The fountains aren't intended to be splash fountains - they've for a "Vegas-style" light and water show at night. The more shallow pool in the main pool area is called a splash pool - for just that purpose. The forward pool in the Retreat is for everyone over 18 to enjoy. Don't let the surrounding cabanas intimidate you - there's plenty of access for all. There is also a Thalassaltherapy Pool in the spa (technically the 4th pool).

All I can say is on our 5 day all the pools were open and I went to the forward adults only pool and really enjoyed it. Did not interact at all with the cabana people so I have no idea what their attitude was nor do I care. I see no point in using words like technically to answer the OP. Bottom line is there are three well used pools open and you can pick from the two on the Lido deck for the kids and the one on the Sun deck for just adults. The fountains were hardly ever on during our cruise.

All I can say is on our 5 day all the pools were open and I went to the forward adults only pool and really enjoyed it. Did not interact at all with the cabana people so I have no idea what their attitude was nor do I care. I see no point in using words like technically to answer the OP. Bottom line is there are three well used pools open and you can pick from the two on the Lido deck for the kids and the one on the Sun deck for just adults. The fountains were hardly ever on during our cruise.

You honestly mean to say passengers are daft enough to pay $100 a day for a deck chair. Wow.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a slight argument, I just wanted to know if there was a kid pool like they have on Royal Caribbean, I know Princess is more laid back and less kids then the other lines, I already was on a Princess cruise, just wasn't sure about the new one, I got my answer and I thank you 2011

The fountains aren't intended to be splash fountains - they've for a "Vegas-style" light and water show at night. The more shallow pool in the main pool area is called a splash pool - for just that purpose. The forward pool in the Retreat is for everyone over 18 to enjoy. Don't let the surrounding cabanas intimidate you - there's plenty of access for all. There is also a Thalassaltherapy Pool in the spa (technically the 4th pool).

Thanks - I forgot it's just a light show. Was thinking it was the kids' fountain/splash kind-of area. Forgot they don't have that on this ship. Must be getting old - I'm getting my ships mixed up! :D

Thanks - I forgot it's just a light show. Was thinking it was the kids' fountain/splash kind-of area. Forgot they don't have that on this ship. Must be getting old - I'm getting my ships mixed up! :D

I have seen several pictures of where they have turned on the amidship fountain jets at a very low pressure and used the elevated platform as a splash zone for kids. It isn't all the time, and I'm sure it is listed in the Patter when this option is available.