Can this be true. P&O can do things right.

daiB

Best Family Cruise Line?

Really?

That surprises me - but then I've deliberately only cruised during the school term and avoid the big ships. Don't want too many ankle-biters under foot (although you could argue that under foot is the best place for them!).

Congrats to P&O. A great cruise line getting the recognition they deserve in my opinion!

Best Family Cruise Line?

Really?

That surprises me - but then I've deliberately only cruised during the school term and avoid the big ships. Don't want too many ankle-biters under foot (although you could argue that under foot is the best place for them!).

Congrats to P&O. A great cruise line getting the recognition they deserve in my opinion!

Hopefully you have booked on an adult only ship and that way you won't have to come into contact with any children or families having fun!

We've only started taking cruise holidays in the past couple of years and have been on Ventura a couple of times and Azura once. We have had a great time on each one and apart from a few minor issues which I think you'd find anywhere, I have no complaints at all.

I must admit I am quite surprised at some of the negative comments directed at P&O and wonder if some people just like to have a moan :confused:

Hopefully you have booked on an adult only ship and that way you won't have to come into contact with any children or families having fun!

Like I said, we book during school terms and avoid the big ships specifically to avoid children "having fun".

Watching various cruise programmes on the Sky travel channels, many other cruise companies strike me as being far more child friendly than P&O who seem more geared up to the older crowd. I guess that impression was wrong!

Good for them.

Interesting that they don't come anywhere in the luxury section. Does this mean that P&O ships aren't luxurious?

David

No it just means P&O is middle market and has some luxurious features if you want to pay for them.

I was surprised who came second or third ;)

P&O do do things right just not all the time. I would not cruise with them otherwise :)

The awards come flooding in to P&O, people like them.......shock horror. And people said it was only me.

http://britishtravelawards.com/winnerdetails.php?p=6

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai, It depends who is paying for the shindig, did I not read that Cruise Critics own awards gave best UK family cruise line to Thomson. Obviously they can't both be right.:rolleyes:;)

British Travel Awards are going to be biased towards P&O because more people from Britain travel on P&O than any other cruise line in Britain. Obviously law of average says that more will vote for P&O while wearing there rose coloured spectacles but as P&O once said "there is a world out there" and more should realise that when they are thinking P&O are great and good value for money they should try others to compare and realise they aint that good.

When was the survey and who was asked to vote?

From the site......

. A judging panel of senior travel industry executives running some of the UK's leading travel businesses will select the 'best of the best' and invite them to receive their awards in London on 20 November.

So it's nothing to do with what the passengers think. A pointless excersise in PR and just a booze up for the travel industry.

This year P&O came nowhere in the luxury category but won it in 2011.

Figure that.

David.

Unfortunately Dai has only ever cruised with P&O and often in m any forums bleats how good they are and clearly has nothing to compare it with wake uip and try Princess, Cunard, RCCL and Celebrity then you might think differently.

Sorry Shilly exactly have I 'bleated' I do not have to anything you say at all. I do not come on here and say they are wonderful. But you would not have noticed that. I have never ever said that P&O are better than anyone. Quite the opposite. If asked I always praise other lines from information I have gleaned from forums such as this.

Try actually reading what I say instead of what you think I am saying.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From the site......

. A judging panel of senior travel industry executives running some of the UK's leading travel businesses will select the 'best of the best' and invite them to receive their awards in London on 20 November.

So it's nothing to do with what the passengers think. A pointless excersise in PR and just a booze up for the travel industry.

This year P&O came nowhere in the luxury category but won it in 2011.

Figure that.

David.

David did you pick that quote out of thin air.

Below is taken directly from the website and as you can see the voting was done by the consumers. It covers all aspects of the travel industry and not just cruising.

Welcome to the British Travel Awards website - home of the largest arbiter of travel industry performance and customer satisfaction. The British Travel Awards is uniquely positioned to offer you an insight into the companies and attractions that have received their customers' vote of confidence. Unlike most travel awards - where a panel of judges or industry pundits have influence over the final results - British Travel Award winners have received their accolades by simply garnering more consumer votes than their competitors.

During Spring 2013 travel companies registered to be included on the voting forms for the 2013 British Travel Awards. On 1 July consumer voting commenced in earnest with voters going online to vote for the companies that they felt deserved to be awarded a coveted British Travel Award, the true symbol of consumer confidence. It's worth noting that even companies that hadn't registered themselves could be voted for if the consumer felt an exceptional company had been omitted.

In all there were 72 Award categories spanning all types of holiday experience, including the best holiday companies by type and destination; the best hotels, of all sizes, global and here in the UK; the best cruise companies and even awards for those essential holiday services, such as, best airport parking or best foreign exchange.

When voting closed on 30th September 1,268,458 votes and opinions were registered across the categories and in our unique TravelVision survey - and we believe some credit can go to our NEW for 2013 media partner, the Trinity Mirror Group, for helping us achieve this record number. Trinity Mirror promoted the ethos of the British Travel Awards and encouraged voting across their portfolio of publications including five national newspapers, the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, Sunday People, Daily Record and Sunday Mail, both in print and online and also across their major regional titles. The reach of the publications was huge and not just concentrated in the South of England – we can truly say votes came in from all parts of Great Britain.

When voting closed, to ensure absolute integrity, the voting process and results were independently audited by Deloitte, the world's fourth largest accountancy practice and then we had the WINNERS!

The companies that you the consumer thought were the best in the business were announced at a glittering Gala Awards Night held in London on 31 October 2013. Click here to view the results. The British Travel Awards give you the chance to reward the companies that deliver the best; your votes and opinions really do count so it just leaves me to say thank you to everyone who took the trouble to vote.

We will announce the details of the 2014 British Travel Awards programme early in the New Year.

Lorraine Barnes Burton

CEO, British Travel Awards

Gan Canny

Dai

Just checked the travel awards site. Apparently votes are garnered by

Being a subscriber to travel awards, about 150,000 of them

Companies hoping to win registering and encouraging their customers to vote

Being advertised in the following newspapers - Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, Sunday People, Daily Record and Sunday Mail

I can see P&O being at a disadvantage as most of their passengers don't read those newspapers ;)

Dai, Strange how most people on this forum don't seem to be aware of this voting process, personally I am definitely more likely to believe what CC members have to say, especially the ones prepared to spare the time to wtite a review of their cruise.

Well as it clearly fulfils your prejudice, you would.

Gan Canny

Dai

"During Spring 2013 travel companies registered to be included on the voting forms for the 2013 British Travel Awards. On 1 July consumer voting commenced in earnest with voters going online to vote for the companies that they felt deserved to be awarded a coveted British Travel Award, the true symbol of consumer confidence. It's worth noting that even companies that hadn't registered themselves could be voted for if the consumer felt an exceptional company had been omitted."

Seems that you could vote even if you had never sailed.

Had found an email address for questions that someone had used successfully a while ago. It may be worth a try: "reservations@email.pocruises.com" Maybe mark it with High Priority and For Attention Of the topman?

Or maybe through their website email link : https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/contact_us/

But there is the risk of your email not reaching the topman and not getting further than their Customer Relations Department Advisors and eventually getting the standard 'fobbing off' letter which we all got when we complained earlier in the year.

And then again there is always snail mail to the Southampton Head Office, but marked for the personal attention of ..... and maybe also recorded delivery, so they know you mean business.

Sorry I have nothing more definite to offer, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

Edited by Scriv