C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

2. Has there been a change in pricing onboard for alcohol prices in general -- I'd like to see bar menus from Nov-Dec to get more info.

Is there anyone getting the drink package in the near future that can bring information back?

If I scanned correctly there were only two mixed drinks and one wine by the glass above the $/drink limit and only Fosters oil cans excluded in terms of beers. I can live with that!
Below is a link that has 2013 bar prices listed. There are only a handful of drinks that are 10.25 and 10.50, but besides the Fosters, there are some beers located at the Pubs on board that would not be included such as the 750 ml Chimay, and the larger cans of Boddingtons and some others.

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

Edited by SNJCruisers

If I scanned correctly there were only two mixed drinks and one wine by the glass above the $/drink limit and only Fosters oil cans excluded in terms of beers. I can live with that! I'd really like to see menus from the "R" bar on Vision/Radiance class ships and wine menus from Vintages (I'm fairly certain wines from the enomatic dispensers won't be included, like on Celebrity). I'd also be curious to see a current MDR wine list.

I agree, I'm liking these changes. Really can't wait to cruise on Allure next year :D

If I scanned correctly there were only two mixed drinks and one wine by the glass above the $/drink limit and only Fosters oil cans excluded in terms of beers. I can live with that! I'd really like to see menus from the "R" bar on Vision/Radiance class ships and wine menus from Vintages (I'm fairly certain wines from the enomatic dispensers won't be included, like on Celebrity). I'd also be curious to see a current MDR wine list.

Thank you for posting the link. I'd be curious to Vintages menu as well.

I was really excited for the $20 package for my upcoming cruise in 3 weeks, but if it doesn't include non-alcoholic frozen drinks, that's a deal-breaker for me. I'm not a coffee drinker other than the frozen blended variety (think frappuccino-style from Cafe Promenade) which I know would be included, but it would really just be those and the blended drinks like Piña Coladas and the like that I would be after, with the odd bottle of water here and there.

If the frozen drinks aren't included, that really doesn't leave much at all in the lines of non-alcoholic cocktails since the vast majority of those use alcohol as their major base. So what's left? Some soda and line juice? Or island oasis syrup and ice? Ick!

I'm hoping we'll get some real-life reports from people on cruises right now. If all else fails, I guess I'll just stick with the soda plan and experiment with all of the different combinations and buy my own fruity drinks! Hmm...

I totally agree with you, Newbcruiser1. I love the frozen non-alcoholic drinks and don't understand why Royal Caribbean wouldn't include them in the lower-priced Replenish package like Celebrity does. Hopefully it's just misinformation from a rep - would love confirmation one way or the other from someone who is sailing soon if that's possible!

Does this mean there are freestyle machines on all the ships now? Are they located only in one place?

No, I don't believe any Freestyle machines have been added beyond the 6 ships that have had them for a while: Explorer, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, and Majesty.

Edited by clarea

No, I don't believe any Freestyle machines have been added beyond the 6 ships that have had them for a while: Explorer, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, and Majesty.

So there really is less value to the premium package if you are not on one of those ships? I am sailing the Serenade in January and just trying to figure out whether it is worth it or not.

So there really is less value to the premium package if you are not on one of those ships? I am sailing the Serenade in January and just trying to figure out whether it is worth it or not.

You can still get unlimited soda on other ships, however you are limited to about 6 different varieties as opposed to the hundred or so varieties available with the Freestyle machines.

i'll answer the second question first: No.

The first depends on the ship that you are on. Unless the limit the venue (and i doubt that), you can get specialty coffee in:

The mdr

specialty restaurants

café lattetudes

promenade café

area adjoining sorrento's (don't know if it has its own name)

yes it does include specialty coffee and and also only 1 person has to order the new package - not all in the cabin -

only for 4+ day cruises and you can purchase anytime during your cruise as long as there are 4 days left

Does this mean there are freestyle machines on all the ships now? Are they located only in one place?

I can tell you that there were 6 located on the Explorer when we sailed on her last year, four in the Windjammer and two on the Promenade, adjacent to the coffee shop and Ben n Jerry's. Obviously, the two on the promenade were available 24/7.

I checked out the bar prices and didn't see the price of Vodka. Anyone know the price of a vodka with diet pepsi?

Well, just for the record, you won't be able to get vodka and diet pepsi at all....RCCL is a coke product line. My memory is that a screwdriver was around 6 bucks, so probably about that...maybe someone else can be more specific as to price....or I'll find an old seapass bill in the next 15 minutes.

I checked out the bar prices and didn't see the price of Vodka. Anyone know the price of a vodka with diet pepsi?

Brand name Vodka is $6.50 +. If you tell them you want 'well' it's $6. If you just tell them vodka + diet they will charge you $6.50 and I have no idea what brand of vodka will be in your drink.

Well, just for the record, you won't be able to get vodka and diet pepsi at all....RCCL is a coke product line. My memory is that a screwdriver was around 6 bucks, so probably about that...maybe someone else can be more specific as to price....or I'll find an old seapass bill in the next 15 minutes.

Vodka with diet coke will do just fine, thanks for letting me know.

What is 'well' ?

"Well" is used in the U.S. to denote the house brand, e.g., asking for Vodka and Tonic is a well drink, the bar gives you whatever brand of vodka they like. Asking for Absolut and Tonic is a "call" drink where you have asked for a specific brand.

Edited by clarea

"Well" is used in the U.S. to denote the house brand, e.g., asking for Vodka and Tonic is a well drink, the bar gives you whatever brand of vodka they like. Asking for Absolut and Tonic is a "call" drink where you have asked for a specific brand.

I had no idea....thanks for the info

Jenny

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying the difference.

I never knew that, thanks!

Can anyone clarify the cost of a cosmopolitan according to the latest prices? Someone posted '13 beverage cost list a few pages back and I noticed the ultimate cosmopolitan listed at $10.50.... also noticed the peach martini over the $10 mark. As a fan of flavored martinis, I am wondering about them being available without issue on either the premium or ultimate packages.

Can anyone clarify the cost of a cosmopolitan according to the latest prices? Someone posted '13 beverage cost list a few pages back and I noticed the ultimate cosmopolitan listed at $10.50.... also noticed the peach martini over the $10 mark. As a fan of flavored martinis, I am wondering about them being available without issue on either the premium or ultimate packages.

The Ultimate cosmo is with specific "name" alcohols. Gotta be frank in that Cosmos are one of those things I get free in the D lounge so have rarely actually paid for it. But the Pomegranite cosmo and the champagne cosmo were $8.25 last April (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2zfnz97jn1f78e/d_Ez599_sw) so a regular cosmo needs to be in that same ballpark.