How strict is Princess with the sail-by dates on FCDs?

hrhdhd

I was ready to book my next cruise using a Future Cruise Deposit today. Took the paper out of the folder to discover that my sail-by date is one day (yes, one single day :o ) before the sail date of the cruise I want to book. My TA called in the reservation and says the Princess rep had to put in a request to a supervisor who has to contact another dept. to see if we'll be allowed to use the FCD or not.

Question: anyone used an FCD for a cruise after the sail-by date? If so, how many days past the date was it?

If your FCD is two years old I'm guessing that the Princess Rep. is just checking to see if the deposit is not already in the process of being refunded back to you. As Frank stated they can also push out the date for another 2 years if they catch it in time.

My FCCs have a "book" by date & not a "sail" by date. The future cruise rep on our recent cruise said if it's not booked within 2 years to call to get a 2 year extension like before.

Interesting....mine say "sail by." I bought them October 2011 and are good for the old 4 year rule.

Edited by Ethel5

I was over by one month and a supervisor had to approve the extension. I was really upset to begin with because I could have purchased a few more while I was on the Royal last month. Didn't even think about my FCC's expiring. Happy that Princess will do that for us. :p

Edited by Lynda90

I was over by one month and a supervisor had to approve the extension. I was really upset to begin with because I could have purchased a few more while I was on the Royal last month. Didn't even think about my FCC's expiring. Happy that Princess will do that for us. :p

Once we lost $300 in OBC by not having a FCC available...an expensive lesson learned! :(

My 4 year FCCs say "sail by" & the current 2 year ones say "book by". :)

Mine is a 2-year one and says "sail by date." I am well within the window if it said "book by date."

Thanks for the information, everyone. I hope to hear from the TA today.

Has anyone had the old 4 year FCCs extended? They are more valuable for 10 night cruises and I'd hate to not use them, but several cruises we booked this year were 20 night B2B cruises and I used the news FCCs on purpose because there is no difference for them.

We had one extended a couple of years ago but that was before they even came out with the new 2 year ones.

I was wondering the same thing.

I called Princess yesterday as I had a FCC expiring (sail by date) Nov, 2014 and wanted to use it for a cruise in Feb, 2015. The representative told me that if I booked a cruise they would extend the FCC to cover that cruise. So I called my TA who talked to Princess and was able to use my FCC to book my cruise for Feb, 2015. I have found Princess to have very good customer service.