Free cruise?

CarnieAddict

Well, the word "scam" might apply depending on how you define the term. There is nothing new about this company/offer and their technique so perhaps you might want to read this Cruise Critic article:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4035

Personally, we would not waste our time with this outfit.

Hank

Has anyone ever got a free cruise for doing a survey on the phone from Carribean Cruises? I'm pretty sure it is just a scam.

This is Caribbean, nothing to do with Royal Caribbean.

And yes, you've cracked it in one.:)

Which is a shame, cos I was hoping you might be interested in a time-share opportunity or a little multi-level marketing scheme that I'm offering. :D

JB :)

This is Caribbean, nothing to do with Royal Caribbean.

And yes, you've cracked it in one.:)

Which is a shame, cos I was hoping you might be interested in a time-share opportunity or a little multi-level marketing scheme that I'm offering. :D

JB :)

Howdy JB,

A Time Share in the New Forest? Am all ears ROFLMAO

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Howdy JB,

A Time Share in the New Forest? Am all ears ROFLMAO

Hank

No problem, Hank, I can do you a great time-share cottage in the New Forest.

And it'll cost you nothing - you'll even make a huge profit.

As long as you act now, the offer is time-limited. So don't waste time seeking professional advice

Just send me $10k by banker's draft, payable to cash.

You'll receive shares in the holding corporation, and my personal cast-iron guarantee of a buy-back after 5 years for $25k.

Honest John :)

O.B.E.M. :D

I did get such a call a few weeks ago and I always like to play along, so I did the survey and then said "I don't do cruises...do you have other options?" He said, "yes, you can go to LV for 3 nights for $498 (air on my own). I said, "that's RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I can get a hotel in Vegas for $89 a night or less on Expedia", and he hung up on me!

I can do you a great time-share cottage in the New Forest.

And it'll cost you nothing - you'll even make a huge profit. As long as you act now, the offer is time-limited. So don't waste time seeking professional advice.Just send me $10k by banker's draft, payable to cash.You'll receive shares in the holding corporation, and my personal cast-iron guarantee of a buy-back after 5 years for $25k.Honest John :) O.B.E.M. :D

JB ... would you be willing to trade your New Forest timeshare for a gorgeous oceanfront cottage in Kansas, with a panoramic view of the coast of Nebraska? We love New Forest, and have grown tired of the Midwest. This could work out well for the both of us.

To the OP: as you can see, the telemarketing "survey" gimmick from "Caribbean Cruise Lines" has been around for years. Even before evaluating its validity, simply ask yourself why a perfect stranger would call you out of the blue and offer you a free anything, much less a "cruise." If it sounds too good to be true ....

I managed to stop being annoyed by these folks. When I last received a call, I asked the hustler for the name of both his company and the immediate supervisor on duty, since my phone number is on the Do Not Call List, and I wish to report the violation. He couldn't hang up fast enough, and I haven't received a call since.

<at work> I received a phone call from someone from the "world wide web's security team". He told me that my computer was sending messages that a virus had attacked and the rep was there to fix it for me.

Knowing the scam, I put my phone on speaker and played along. The rep asked for my computers make/model. I said "if my computer is sending messages, wouldn't those message tell you anything about it?". I asked him to tell me my computers IP address as well as other pertinent information and he kept saying "you need to get this fixed now as your computer is infected!!" All my co-workers had gathered around and could hardly refrain from laughing!

Finally I told the guy that I couldn't provide any information as my computer had been in the shop for 3 weeks.....so how could they be getting error messages NOW? <click>

(the sad part is the the same day my neighbor got the same call and paid the "rep" $100 for him to fix her computer!!)

A scam indeed. I got a call like that, too. There's this company that kept calling, day and night, and they leave an automated message that I won a free trip to the Bahamas. I never let the call finish, I always hang up. But it didn't stop the calls. I guess it's true that people have lost their protection against phone harassment. It's terrible.