Breakfast Buffet and PJs/Bathrobes

kcwingwalker

How do you know what someone wears to bed...

Where does it say sharp casual is the attire for breakfast in the buffet

No where does it say "sharp casual". I said 'smart casual'. I should have said resort casual, and for that I'm sorry.

I'll be happy to provide the link if you like but here it is:

What Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

Reading the above I don't take any of it as 'roll out of bed and come to the buffet in what you slept in.

Harriet

Everybody should do what they please as long as they don't affect anybody. Now if that affects your eyes you are not forced to see. You can always ignore them.

Is a PJ really THAT disturbing for some people?

Geez...

Who's talking about eyes? I'm not. Just the thought that someone woke up and came to breakfast wearing the same clothes they slept in....is gross! The thought that the person I'm standing next to might have sweat the night before in those clothes, the thought of what else the person did while in bed and is now standing next to me in those clothes...the thought that if the person can't take the time to change out of what they slept in before standing next to me at breakfast makes me wonder if the person took the time to wash their hands before they touch the serving utensils that I have to touch. And yes, some people do have an odor to them and need to wash up or shower.

And....after hearing and reading everything here and the way people think and believe.....I'm glad to say you or anyone else won't ever see me in the buffet for breakfast ever again. Being in a suite most times there is no need and even if not in a suite I'll be at the MDR .

Harriet

Who's talking about eyes? I'm not. Just the thought that someone woke up and came to breakfast wearing the same clothes they slept in....is gross! The thought that the person I'm standing next to might have sweat the night before in those clothes, the thought of what else the person did while in bed and is now standing next to me in those clothes...the thought that if the person can't take the time to change out of what they slept in before standing next to me at breakfast makes me wonder if the person took the time to wash their hands before they touch the serving utensils that I have to touch. And yes, some people do have an odor to them and need to wash up or shower.

And....after hearing and reading everything here and the way people think and believe.....I'm glad to say you or anyone else won't ever see me in the buffet for breakfast ever again. Being in a suite most times there is no need and even if not in a suite I'll be at the MDR .

Harriet

Exactly the way I feel and was why I said earlier that nightwear outside your cabin does not comply with the NCL dress code.

Sad really, and so I find myself repeating: no respect for self, no respect for others, no respect deserved!

Amen to that one. This whole thread has become as tasteless as wearing pj's to the buffet. If you want to wear them, feel free - but just don't sit at my table for breakfast.

My Mamaw serves greasy fried taters with beans, turnip greens, and cornbread. She makes us wash our hands and put our drawers on before we come to the table!:D It's well worth it.

Edited by Lena B

Harriet

I would not ever do this because it is gross but what says that the person that changed into clothes washed their hands. Just because they got dressed doesn't mean they did anything else. NCL does try to sanitize people's hands on the way into the food areas with the Washy Washy people. As far as the sweating in their clothes. I am sure that their will be someone that is in regular clothes and goes to lunch and has gotten all sweaty by then in line.

but what says that the person that changed into clothes washed their hands. Just because they got dressed doesn't mean they did anything else.

Lazy is as lazy does.

NCL does try to sanitize people's hands on the way into the food areas with the Washy Washy people.

I know. It's a shame people don't have the good sense to wash their own hands before eating on their own.

Off topic but this is why I always open the bathroom door with a towel when I leave a restroom after washing my hands. I've been at the sink washing my hands to many times to count when someone walks out of the toilet and open the restroom door and leaves....without washing their hands!

Harriet

I agree. Look like a slob you'll be treated like a slob. Have no respect for ohers, others will have no respect for you.

If you don't have any pride or concern about rolling out of bed and going to the buffet in the clothes you slept in why would the crew have any pride or concern. It's a two way street.

And as someone else, whom I can't remember said. Smart casual is the dress code, however, bathing suites with cover-ups are permitted in the buffet. NOWHERE does it say PJ's or 'roll out of bed and come on over!"

Harriet

Act like a snob and you'll be treated like a snob. People who worry this much about someone wearing a robe and lounge pants to a buffet really should find something to do with their time.

I don't go to breakfast looking like I stepped off of the pages of Vogue magazine. I do greet the room service coffee delivery person with a few ones and a bath robe. I sit on the balcony all scrubby and greet the morning. Then I wash my hands and face, brush my teeth and hair, and throw on some britches and go out in public. It's not that hard. I wish I was there now! That's all I'm sayin'...

You open your door in your robe? What will people think?

While my attire usually exceeds recommended attire

I really think people need to relax.

Enjoy your vacation

I hope when I show up in the Buffet after a nooner you don't judge me:rolleyes:

My hair might be a little messed up and clothes wrinkled but Ive been up for a long time ;)

Edited by jonbgd