Attn MSC - Still alot of confusion about this

tbmrt

What will muster and dinner times be on future Divina cruises?

Will there be anything special for sailaway at 7pm??

I've read many variations are received varying information from MSC agents.

Glad to see that MSC is back to monitoring these boards.

Hi neighbor to my north (tbmrt). I'm on the Dec. 7 sailing and been following the boards since May 2013. I too would like an answer regarding dinner times and if there will be a sail away party. My only gripe is not being able to bring water. My parents need water to take medication and we do not drink the water out of the faucet. I guess we will have to buy the bottle water on the ship.

I'm going on the cruise with an open mind and have told everyone in my group to have an open mind because we are not on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or NCL. If the food is bland, I will add salt and pepper. I'm looking forward to a new experience since we have been to Nassau many times. This cruise is about the ship.

The dining times for Caribbean sailings on MSC Divina are 5:30pm and 8:30pm. The December 7th sailing is planned to have a sail away party.

Hope this helps!

Glad the late dinner time is 8:30!!!

I understand a sailaway party will take place on 12/7 (3 night cruise).....Disappointed at no sailaway party for the 11 night 12/10 departure cruise though...We'll have to plan our own I guess!

Glad the late dinner time is 8:30!!!

I understand a sailaway party will take place on 12/7 (3 night cruise).....Disappointed at no sailaway party for the 11 night 12/10 departure cruise though...We'll have to plan our own I guess!

They will probably have a deck party or two on the cruise

on our cruise the Fireworks made the sailaway. IMHO

other than that it was just line dancing and dancing up by the pool etc

What will muster and dinner times be on future Divina cruises?

Will there be anything special for sailaway at 7pm??

I've read many variations are received varying information from MSC agents.

Glad to see that MSC is back to monitoring these boards.

I am just glad I am not your TA :p

They will probably have a deck party or two on the cruise

on our cruise the Fireworks made the sailaway. IMHO

other than that it was just line dancing and dancing up by the pool etc

Dancing by the pool w/music while we sailaway is fine...Hope the music is there...Would be kind of odd to sailaway with no music!

Received on this Board:

The dining times for Caribbean sailings on MSC Divina are 5:30pm and 8:30pm. The December 7th sailing is planned to have a sail away party.

Just received email from Customer Service, FL, 11/26/13::

The Early dining option is 7:30pm and the Late dining option is 9:00pm.

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises!

MSC which is it? Hate to be a pest, but there are many people on these Boards who really would like to know.

Thank you

Barbara

Edited by tbmrt
Rechecked times

This is a problem since "my" MSC Vacation Planer told me on 11/25/13 that late dining is 8:00PM. 9:00pm is too late and 5:30PM is too early.

If first setting is 7:30PM that is an ideal time to eat. The problem is which is the correct time.

I'm on the 12/07/13 sailing. Regardless, of the issues that have been reported I'm looking forward to sailing on the Divina.

Hi neighbor to my north (tbmrt). I'm on the Dec. 7 sailing and been following the boards since May 2013. I too would like an answer regarding dinner times and if there will be a sail away party. My only gripe is not being able to bring water. My parents need water to take medication and we do not drink the water out of the faucet. I guess we will have to buy the bottle water on the ship.

I'm going on the cruise with an open mind and have told everyone in my group to have an open mind because we are not on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or NCL. If the food is bland, I will add salt and pepper. I'm looking forward to a new experience since we have been to Nassau many times. This cruise is about the ship.

Don't worry about the water. I brought water, Diet Coke, and even wine on board with no problems. I didn't tell them about the wine, but the water and Diet Coke were in plain, full sight.

I am just glad I am not your TA :p

Golden bony you read my mind. Omg why bother leaving home. Please people think about this: go with the attitude if you are given lemons, make lemonade and you are not buying the ship or it's crew. Just a week on the most beautiful elegant ship. Oh and by the way there is no need to make lemonade on the Divina. No you cannot bring any beverages on board and if you will not drink tap water then buy bottles of water. It,s that simple. Dinner is in two sittings MSC has just given you the answer with times. The only confusing people are yourselves. Here,s something else- the food is neither plain, nor is it bad. Just as in any restaurant on land, you may add salt or pepper. If you allow yourselves to just be happy and not look for continual fault , remember you are not the only person on the ship and that the crew are helping approximately 4000 fellow pax, you will have a wonderful cruise on the most elegant ship at sea.Life is good-have a wonderful evening!

Not to get in a debate with anyone, why so rude? Please reread my post, I did say we will buy the bottle water. I wasn't complaining about the food just saying I'd it is bland like some say, no worries just add salt and pepper - all is well. I did say that I'm looking forward to the crosser and new experiences because it is about the ship.

Golden bony you read my mind. Omg why bother leaving home. Please people think about this: go with the attitude if you are given lemons, make lemonade and you are not buying the ship or it's crew. Just a week on the most beautiful elegant ship. Oh and by the way there is no need to make lemonade on the Divina. No you cannot bring any beverages on board and if you will not drink tap water then buy bottles of water. It,s that simple. Dinner is in two sittings MSC has just given you the answer with times. The only confusing people are yourselves. Here,s something else- the food is neither plain, nor is it bad. Just as in any restaurant on land, you may add salt or pepper. If you allow yourselves to just be happy and not look for continual fault , remember you are not the only person on the ship and that the crew are helping approximately 4000 fellow pax, you will have a wonderful cruise on the most elegant ship at sea.Life is good-have a wonderful evening!

sound like you could travel in a cardboard box and not find fault :p

We brought several bottles of water, non-caffeinated coke, and one of wine on board at embarkation. I thought no loss if they confiscate any of them, but they had me open my carry on and saw all (except for wine which was in check-in luggage), and passed them right thru. I was surprised to see my non-caffeinated coke on sale on board, so I didn't need to bring that.

Bought 2 bottles of rum in St Maarten to bring home and those passed right thru also.

This is a problem since "my" MSC Vacation Planer told me on 11/25/13 that late dining is 8:00PM. 9:00pm is too late and 5:30PM is too early.

If first setting is 7:30PM that is an ideal time to eat. The problem is which is the correct time.

I'm on the 12/07/13 sailing. Regardless, of the issues that have been reported I'm looking forward to sailing on the Divina.

The dining times on the 11/23 sailing were 6:00 and 8:30. We were scheduled for late dining and had it changed after the first evening. We were still eating at 10:30 and felt it was too late.