Embarking Port of Miami

stitch81

Just wondering what to expect? We are sailing on the Conquest out of the Port of Miami in 44 days. Staying at a local hotel, and taking a taxi to the port. My husband and I are traveling carryon only, will we be able to take our bags directly to our room ourselves, or do we have to leave the carryon bags at the check in? Is there a specific area designated for the Conquest? Will our cab driver know where he is supposed to drop us off?

They will make an announcement on the public address system when the rooms are ready, You can also head to yoour deck and see if the fire doors are open so you can get to the cabins. This is often before the announcement, as ALL the decks may not be ready. Figure on 1 or 1:30.

If you want to get to your room as soon as you board and its available, you can purchase Faster to the Fun. They sell very few, and it would be under excursions Miami. They are snatched up pretty quickly. $49.95 only 1 person needs to buy and it qualifies all in the room.

Edited by kona_wahine

Just wondering what to expect? We are sailing on the Conquest out of the Port of Miami in 44 days. Staying at a local hotel, and taking a taxi to the port. My husband and I are traveling carryon only, will we be able to take our bags directly to our room ourselves, or do we have to leave the carryon bags at the check in? Is there a specific area designated for the Conquest? Will our cab driver know where he is supposed to drop us off?

We stay at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami and take a $10 taxi ride to the port. Its a flat rate from airport to downtown hotels with a taxi.

Should be painless to get to the port by taxi. Tell the driver that you have no luggage to check, and he/she will drop you right in front of the door. As noted, you'll be able to carry on your luggage, but probably won't be able to put it in your room till 1:30 or so. Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"