Platinum Gifts

BennBilly

Just off the Triumph this morning, got the new bag. I like it, but unlike cruises past, we only got one. We used to get one gift for each of us - on the Magic in August we got three ball caps. But they only gave us one bag this time around. I talked to someone else who went to ask about it at Guest Services, and she was told that's the policy.

Sent from my iPad

We just got off the Triumph Monday, and was told one bag per cabin. I think because of supply but was offered a tumbler as the second gift which I was ok with. Had to go to Guest Services for another reason, told them did not get other gift that night another bag in cabin, cabin steward said no tumblers on ship. Nice bag.

Just off the Freedom on Saturday and we got 2 beach bags. Both of us are Platinum. The rule should be a gift per person, because who is to say they live in the same household??

Very true!

I will be ailing on my next cruise with a friend.....we don't even live in the same state much less same household ;) and we are both Platinum cruisers. We have sailed together before and have always each gotten our own gift.

We just got off the Triumph Monday, and was told one bag per cabin. I think because of supply but was offered a tumbler as the second gift which I was ok with. Had to go to Guest Services for another reason, told them did not get other gift that night another bag in cabin, cabin steward said no tumblers on ship. Nice bag.

We were told the same "one gift per cabin" line by our cabin steward on the second leg of our B2B when he dropped off one tervis tumbler, even though they gave us 2 (tote/photo album) on the first leg. When we got back to the cabin he had found another tumbler for us.

Just off the Triumph this morning, got the new bag. I like it, but unlike cruises past, we only got one. We used to get one gift for each of us - on the Magic in August we got three ball caps. But they only gave us one bag this time around. I talked to someone else who went to ask about it at Guest Services, and she was told that's the policy.

Sent from my iPad

Maybe someone who uses facebook could ask John if this is a new policy.

NO plate of sweets, no drink coupon, no invitation to the celebration, and I had to go to Guest Services to ask about the gift (that's when I got the letter) and the pins. Was it because I was in the Owner's Suite? Something's wrong... I've never had this kind of slipshod service before!

Our one time in an owner's suite was on the Inspiration in 2010. Although the room was fabulous, we found the service from the cabin steward, normally a high point of our cruise, the worst of any of our 11 cruises by far.

Not sure if it means anything, but it might be a pattern. It would be interesting to hear from others who have sailed in that cabin. The two owner's suites are certainly far removed from any other cabin that needs service, and I doubt the stewards only are assigned the two cabins.

Kevin C

Just off Fascination yesterday and received 2 Tervis Tumbles with red tops. Received 2 Tumblers in June on Fascination with blue tops.

BTW, did not receive any snacks or chocolate covered strawberries this time. I guess CCL can't afford Platinum perks any more, although thee aren't that many left.:(

Just off Fascination yesterday and received 2 Tervis Tumbles with red tops. Received 2 Tumblers in June on Fascination with blue tops.

BTW, did not receive any snacks or chocolate covered strawberries this time. I guess CCL can't afford Platinum perks any more, although thee aren't that many left.:(

Isnt the choc covered strawberries only for 7 day or longer criuses?

But platinum aint what it used to be.

Didn't get the sweets on my 7 day at Halloween. (I don't like them.) Sounds like a trend...

Yeah, they probably conveniently forgot to deliver to your cabin. They probably figure people won't notice but some of us....

I actually did not see any place that had chocolate covered strawberries on the Imagination this week. As a matter of fact, the dessert selection seems to be shrinking. And we all know what the beards did to the future mdr experience this week.

I had to ask for my Tervis cup on the Inspiration in Sept (my first Platinum Cruise). The chocolate tray is only offered on cruises of 5 and over days. I can't wait for Feb for my first 7-day platinum cruise.

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrate,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

>Copyofth_Carnival-VIIFP-Platinum_zips41db4d4e1_zips02e438c7.jpg.

Edited by ccruisequeen

I got chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate treats on both legs of my B2B in October on the Glory. First leg was a 2 day CTN and the second leg was a 5 day.

DH was on the Elation November 11, I asked him to check at GS for the Tote if he received the cap. He received the Tumbler, but asked at GS anyway. They didn't have the tote, but gave him the binoculars. They even let him keep the tumbler.

It appears service varies ship to ship/time of year/ ports. Different personnel could be the explanation for the various gifts and service.

Got off the Magic almost 3 weeks ago and still no platinum gifts. None on ship so we had to fill out a form for them to be mailed. Kind of doubt we will see them!

Dont think this will make you feel any better,, but I was on Paradise in March and filled out the form as no Platinum gift available, and finally received my Tervis tumbler 5 months later, in August!!! Whoopee doo! not exactly worth the wait, but hey, they at least mailed it to me... So be prepared for possibly a long wait my friend... Lol

Up until my Nov 11th cruise, I had received "Chocolate Delight" plates on every cruise since we made Platinum - all but one of which were 5-day cruises.

O/T: After seeing the new menus that JH has been posting, we may have taken our last cruise anyway... WTH is wrong with good ol' American food? These darn chefs are getting too fancy-schmancy! My digestive system can't handle a lot of the sauces and sides, and even some of the main courses they're coming up with - if I wanted French Cuisine, I'd go to France! (...and I told Heald that on FB and the blog...)

Last time I was aboard, they'd already changed the menus enough that I had to order the flatiron steak with a baked potato most of the time anyway... Now I'll probably have to order it on elegant night, if they even still have it!

BTW, did not receive any snacks or chocolate covered strawberries this time. I guess CCL can't afford Platinum perks any more, although thee aren't that many left. :(

I'd gladly take the red-top Tervis tumblers, or even some more of the blue-tops. I'd just like SOMEthing. Still waiting on the mails.

Edited by oldrailfan

Our one time in an owner's suite was on the Inspiration in 2010. Although the room was fabulous, we found the service from the cabin steward, normally a high point of our cruise, the worst of any of our 11 cruises by far.

Not sure if it means anything, but it might be a pattern. It would be interesting to hear from others who have sailed in that cabin. The two owner's suites are certainly far removed from any other cabin that needs service, and I doubt the stewards only are assigned the two cabins.

Kevin C

Actually, the Owner's Suites are only one deck up from the Verandah cabins, so the same stewards probably do the Suites as well. We had no complaint about the steward service, he went above-and-beyond for us. It was only those things that someone "upstream" from him was supposed to take care of that fell short. i.e., if they didn't get things like the letters and the pins to him, how could he deliver them to us? The letters that he DID deliver to the Suite were placed on the credenza under the television. Why would he have placed the other things somewhere else? ...and it's Room Service that is supposed to deliver the "goodies" to the cabin, based on past experience...

ADDED: They sent me a survey request after the cruise, and I responded to it... I put these same complaints in the "Did anything fall short of your expectation?" Block... I hope someone actually reads them.

Yeah, they probably conveniently forgot to deliver to your cabin. They probably figure people won't notice but some of us....

I actually did not see any place that had chocolate covered strawberries on the Imagination this week. As a matter of fact, the dessert selection seems to be shrinking. And we all know what the beards did to the future mdr experience this week.

The only place that had chocolate-covered strawberries on Fascination was the coffee bar on the Promenade Deck. Couldn't even order them from "Formalities." (or whatever they're calling it now)

Edited by oldrailfan
ADDED