Has anyone taken little ones? experiences?

jchris1230

I looked through several pages and couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought I would ask. I havn't been on a cruise in 10 years. I may be able to go this year but we won't have anyone to watch our daughter, who will be 4. I have cruised on 3 different lines in the past and I know other ones would be preferable with a child but I really wanted my husbands first cruise to be extra nice so I want to go on celebrity.

Have any of you taken little ones? How is the kids program? Did you have any problems?

Thank you so much

I looked through several pages and couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought I would ask. I havn't been on a cruise in 10 years. I may be able to go this year but we won't have anyone to watch our daughter, who will be 4. I have cruised on 3 different lines in the past and I know other ones would be preferable with a child but I really wanted my husbands first cruise to be extra nice so I want to go on celebrity.

Have any of you taken little ones? How is the kids program? Did you have any problems?

Thank you so much

Welcome to Cruise Critic. My children are adults now but grew up on Celebrity. Although they don't have the rock climbing walls or other things that some cruise lines have, their programs are excellent. I found the treatment to be more personal than on other cruise lines. At four yrs. old I think your daughter would have a wonderful time.

Both of my kids (7 and 10 now, 4 and 7 on their first X cruise) are go-with-the-flow quieter, calmer-type kids and have a great time on Celebrity. My daughter is social and always makes fast friends at the kid's club. She usually spends two or three hours there on sea days. My son, on the other hand, prefers just to hang out with me and his dad, whatever we may be doing. They both enjoy the live music, the production shows and having dinner in the dining room. They also love the few family activities such as scavenger hunts.

Both of my kids are happy Celebrity cruisers, for now. They were thrilled last week when I told them we had booked Bermuda again next summer.

At four your daughter should have a great time. :)

Our granddaughters began cruising on Celebrity at about six and was their favorite cruise line and still is now that they're in their teens.

Many people don't realize Celebrity has an excellent program for children.

LuLu

~~~~

We've just returned from a 12 night cruise on the Equinox with our five year old grand daughter. She had a fantastic time, the crew and passengers went out of their way to make her feel special and the Fun Factory was amazing (they had approx 8 children aged 5-10years)

She has no problems sitting through long dinners, we chose early seating and she was fine with everything, three sets of people from nearby tables actually came over and said how wonderful she was and how she had made dining so lovely for them hearing her laughter.

She was up on stage helping the juggler, got clapped into the theatre on Captains night by the officers, won the Hot Glass show competition and had her design "Nessie" made and got to take it home. She went on a pirate hunt, was captain for the day. She also lost her first tooth and the ship arranged for the tooth fairy to visit, she can't wait to go on her next cruise and asked me she can go "next week!" :D

On a practical level for dining they do have a kids menu in the dining room but will basically give you anything you need, I know some kids won't sit through a long meal and they can serve things quicker if needed. Allan our waiter was fantastic with her, she really misses him and when she went back to school she was most disgusted that there was no "Allan" to push her chair in and put a napkin on her knee! (Just like Grandma!)

Many people don't realize Celebrity has an excellent program for children.

LuLu~~~~

I agree Lulu. I couldn't believe our sons liked Celebrity better than RCI and/or Carnival.

Hello Springs! We are in Castle Rock :)

We have taken both of our children on Celebrity. The most recent cruise was when they were 1 and 4. Our then 4 year old loved it... as people have said, more personal, smaller groups in the kids club and accommodating with anything you need.

Our boys will be 3 and 6 when we set sail again on Equinox in March for an 11 nighter!

I just came back from the Reflection with a 6 and 9 year old. Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Infinity when they were 5 and 8, and they loved both cruises. We have been happy with the staff and activities. Of course it is not Disney with free childcare until midnight, but they go until 10 and until 1 am if you are willing to pay $6 an hour.

Only word of caution I'll throw in here is the sailing you pick.

I was on a Canada/New England sailing in October and if your child was there, they'd be pretty lonely with only 2 other children on board (not sure the ages).

You should likely aim for a sailing that would be more likely to have other kids (summer/spring break/winter break).

Yah I saw the prices, I thought that wasn't to bad actually. If I do drop in at my daughters preschool its $7/hr until you hit 5 hours or more then it maxes at 35, so I don't think for a few nights it will break the bank. :D

True!! We were actually tired by 10 so we just all ended up going to bed or watching a movie in the cabin. My daughter got in a few walks with her dad on deck under the stars too. That was sweet :)

Our now grown kids have been on several Celebrity cruises with us when they were in the 3-5 yr old range. On every one of those cruises, the on-board kids program was excellent! Counselors, facililties, and planned activities were terrific.

I haven't taken my kids on Celebrity so I can't comment...but don't compare it to Carnival. I was quite disappointed by their program - we sailed on the new Breeze ship last year and my daughter was so excited for kids camp until the Russian lady running it ran it like a boot camp :/

Oh man, will skip the Russian Dictator, thanks LOL. I like my child to have freedom to play. She goesto a child led, play based prescool and has learned so much and progressed a lot. I can't see her doing well being micro managed. That person might get a kick to the shin........LOL......just kidding.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app