Poor review

Jay23

They knew our names and I seem to recall "White Gloves" !!! Very elegant and it sure set the tone and we knew we had found our new home :)
Very well said. Holland America did all of the same routine back in the day also, at least for their "Suite Guests". :)

My wife and I just returned from the same cruise. We had a wonderful time. No trouble with orientation, enjoyed the Compass Rose, as well as the other restaurants, including food and ambience, had a great suite, and found the service excellent. We were surprised at the engaging attitude by Regent to make us happy and take care of us. Customer Service including access to anyone was superb. Beauty must really be in the eye of the beholder. It is true we generally expect the worst and are surprised by the best. We were surprised. To us Regent and the Voyager, particularly the people involved, were all beautiful.

GeorgO… so glad you had lovely cruise. Obviously, some travellers just cannot be pleased, it is difficult to understand what they expected.

There was one mysterious comment in that review where they said they ordered from the Buffet but didn't know their table number. Surely a buffet means that you serve yourself and take it to the table you have chosen. Sometimes a waiter will carry your plate, but table number? All very strange.

GeorgO… so glad you had lovely cruise. Obviously, some travellers just cannot be pleased, it is difficult to understand what they expected.

There was one mysterious comment in that review where they said they ordered from the Buffet but didn't know their table number. Surely a buffet means that you serve yourself and take it to the table you have chosen. Sometimes a waiter will carry your plate, but table number? All very strange.

Jay23,

Sometimes the staff in the buffet in La Veranda will deliver a dish to your table. To do so, they need to know your table number. For example, there is a made to order pasta bar. So you do not have to stand around while your pasta dish is being prepared, they ask for your table number and will deliver the dish to you when it is finished. You may also order something from the pool grill, give them your table number and it will be delivered to your table in La Veranda. It is all part of the wonderful service on Regent.

Hope this helps.

jay, I think perhaps they were at the pool grill where you go up and order your burger and have to have a table number to have it delivered to you.

This also occurs at breakfast in La Veranda if you go up and order an omelet or eggs. They have to have a table number in order to deliver it to you.

Not sure why this would be confusing or an inconvenience. The waiter has to know where to bring your food.

Hi:

We've been on 4 regent cruises (2 more booked) and love the on-board experiences. Realistically, we can sail with whoever we wish but have decided that we will only go with Regent's Mariner or Voyager (probably will make an exception for Explorer if I still up and about). As I leave the ship, I'm already planning the details of the next cruise.

My advice is not to be concerned about CC reviews but to try a cruise and make your own mind up. CC is good for tips make your experience even better. Happy sailing.

Thanks again… All these little replies are giving me more insight into what I should expect…… I will make sure I know my table number!!

Sure having your table number helps. But unless it is super busy, and you haven't found a table before you make your order, just tell them what area you plan to sit at and they will find you to deliver your order. Or you can tell one of the servers after you are seated what you ordered and they will make sure it get to you.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how fast the staff will recognize/remember you.

j

31/425

Too bad the OP didn't do more research on CRUISE CRITIC he or she could have garnered a lot of information that would give the OP how things are on Regent.

If he or she had sailed on Carnival or any of the huge ships first he or she could've had an interesting comparison.

Edited by TedC