Carnival Kids Sail Free - Speculation Thread

LMaxwell

How do you feel about a Kids Sale Free Promotion  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about a Kids Sale Free Promotion

• This would be great - We would definitely cruise carnival FOR THIS REASON primarily
    • This is great - Our family will cruise carnival but this is NOT the primary reason
    • This makes no difference in my vacation plans at all
    • I am less likely to sail carnival if there are more kids
    • I feel cheated paying increased rates while families pay the same as a couple
    • If it is profitable to the cruise line I am all for it
    • I think only Platinum and above should get this sort of offer

I cannot see Carnival allowing kids sail free. Look at the volume of kids and babies on board already on paid fares. Why would they opt to lose that revenue?

I'm thinking they might be improving Camp Carnival hours and maybe lowering the age limits on toddlers.

Oh he's far from a saint. :D But he knows that if he doesn't behave in public, he's GOING to get a lecture about it.

I've run into far too many parents (both in real life and online) who say "Oh my kid has (insert disorder/issue/problem here). They can't behave because (whatever disorder/issue/problem) doesn't allow them to! THEY CAN"T HELP THEMSELVES!" That attitude drives me bugnutty.

Um. No. They can. If my kid who has ADHD and Asperger's can manage to behave semi-normally in public about 95% of the time, so can yours

Our best friends have a son with Aspergers . He was always the best behaved one in the bunch when they were all growing up and hung out together. It took work but it can be done.

He is now an a student in college and doing a lot of theater . has a voice that brings tears to your eyes.

That's the thing today everything is a syndrome, or a condition, or a disorder,like its permission to act they way you do (children and adults)

We cruise as 4 adults in one cabin, usually an oceanview for the larger square footage. There really are not that many cabins that will hold 4 or 5 people on a ship to begin with, and the good locations sell out early. We prefer mid-ship and lots of the cabins that fit more people seem to be forward on an upper deck which we don't want. We are happy with the 3rd and 4th person discount and really don't think free for the 3rd and 4th person would work for just children unless you open it up to any age. We have seen some low/free fares advertised on other lines, but we prefer having the larger Carnival cabin. 164 sq. foot on other lines vs. 220 or 230 on Carnival makes for quite a bit more room for us.

That's the thing today everything is a syndrome, or a condition, or a disorder,like its permission to act they way you do (children and adults)

Ugh...yeah. Unfortunately that seems to be the way things are going these days. I realize that some people do genuinely have issues--ADHD, Asperger's, whatever. But that doesn't give you the right to act like a jackwagon just because you have special needs.

I'm left handed and have dyscalculia (dyslexia's redheaded stepsister)..I wonder what that entitles me to?:D

Having fun ...yes

running around like a maniac in public ...no

Are we talking about the kids or the adults? When I think of my experience with people "running around like maniacs" on a cruise, images of adults come to mind.

Having fun ...yes

running around like a maniac in public ...no

Meh, kids running around acting like maniacs....since when? Adults maybe. The kids aren't really bothering anyone. I get folks having a preference to sail with less kids or to expect kids to behave etc. I feel the same way and I sail with my own. But the behavior of children is so overblown in some of these threads it's ridiculous. The only bad behavior I've ever seen on a cruise was acted out by drunk and/or obnoxious entitled adults.

Sounds like you did a very good job with him. I just cannot stand a brat (not like my kids or even me at that age were saints) , but some little smart mouth just makes my skin crawl and I can't sit still and take that.

We are way too much alike!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Are we talking about the kids or the adults? When I think of my experience with people "running around like maniacs" on a cruise, images of adults come to mind.

Why is it that I'm feeling guilty all of a sudden? LOL

If this takes place, consider my dollars going elsewhere. I all READY feel like I am paying for everyone elses everything.....

I would not get all that worried yet.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

We are way too much alike!

Hey That's a good thing. :)

Whenever you see those Jerry Springer type shows where the mother can't control the 12 year old . You can actually see my Mom's hands ball into a fist . *LOL*

"Give her a boot in her behind and tell her NO....N...O." What is she stupid ? The day I cower in fear from my own kids , social services can have them ."

And trust me she walked the walk when we were growing up.

It will probably have nothing to do with pricing at all

This is a speculative thread to gauge how people would feel about this type of promotion. How would you feel about this type of promotion and did you vote in the poll? That's what this discussion is about, so I welcome the OPINIONS of cruisers, interested fans, employees, etc.

So hang on a second. Because I don't have kids, I get to pay MORE for my reservation so that families with kids can bring them for free? I don't think so. :mad:

Yeah, more in line with all inclusive resorts. Families with kids tend to do a lot of on board spending with pics, soda cards, and excursion, known cash cows. Parents might need a drink or two at the bar to cope with the 'angles'. They quads could cost even more than they do now, or lower the amount of suggested tips for kids under a certain age sharing a cabin. They could be going after the all inclusive market. Even when the bottom line is the same, some parents don't think it's fair to pay the same rate for a toddler as they do for them self. JMOP!

Edited by Blk_Amish

If this takes place, consider my dollars going elsewhere. I all READY feel like I am paying for everyone elses everything.....

Like who? Parents with kids pay dearly for quads which at time cost more than doubles. Parents pay full price for toddlers, not common on other vacations. Families don't have the luxury of traveling off peak and book the cheaper rates.

Edited by Blk_Amish

????? :confused: You're kidding right? Exactly what everyone else's everything are you already paying for?

That's what I want to know, because my husband and I gladly pay for everything concerning our kids. Last I checked there's nobody standing outside of staterooms with donation baskets. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I don't think it would be good in one perspective....all these extra kids free...when they could have "drinking age" customers in the cabins....looks like a lot of lost revenue...

A cabin with two parents and kids will spend more than an empty cabin. Carnival needs a full ship without offering $38 a day fares.