Carnival Kids Sail Free - Speculation Thread

LMaxwell

How do you feel about a Kids Sale Free Promotion  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about a Kids Sale Free Promotion

• This would be great - We would definitely cruise carnival FOR THIS REASON primarily
    • This is great - Our family will cruise carnival but this is NOT the primary reason
    • This makes no difference in my vacation plans at all
    • I am less likely to sail carnival if there are more kids
    • I feel cheated paying increased rates while families pay the same as a couple
    • If it is profitable to the cruise line I am all for it
    • I think only Platinum and above should get this sort of offer

We try to go times there are less kids. I know MSC has the kids sail free. My fear would be they would make it up by raising the other prices.

RCCL prices seem to be down. I think if they start a kids sail free the ones without kids may move to RCCL. Not sure it would get them that many more bookings.

I'm in the 3rd/4th/5th passenger rates are so low anyway I dont see thing being a big deal boat. Now if kids sailed Free no matter where booked this would be awesome. We normally book a second cabin when both kids sail with us. Of course they are both over 12 now so guys we would still be out of luck.

Improvements to Camp will be much more profitable than kids sailing free. The addition to more kids with the current camp standards would not work! My kids have loved Camp since day one 8 cruises ago but as they get older they are not as happy.

We cruise with our 8 year old. This deal of FREE would be awesome. If it saves 2 hundred bucks!!! That's a lot of money. Right now cruises are high ( this week) same cruise we took at 300pp ( 7 days on the Legend), to do it now is like almost 400. That right there is several hundred more for us. If we could save some, we'd take it. Always about the almighty dollar :)

We can cruise only Dec-Feb while school is in session, so too many kids never seems a problem.

We currently looked at MSC kids free program, but feel the line might be too "up scale". We are simple shorts 90% of the time, non MDR for numerous reasons, all about the ports kinda cruisers.

If they are a family line, have these family deals, many who have kid(s) can't afford other lines, since we have families. Ya dislike kids and don't have them, well then ya "might" have the money for more expensive lines.

I recognize that is a small sample size as to be almost completely insignificant but I have to say that I *am* surprised by the responses so far.

I have not voted or voiced my opinion so as not to skew the results.

My opinion isn't reflected by the poll choices.

I will not deliberately make a stand to sail less on Carnival if they created this type of promo, as I enjoy the product and price point today.

However, if the ratio of increased rugrat passengers results in a similar increase in my aggravation level while on the cruise, then I will have to look at other options.

I'm not exactly a "get off my lawn" type of person, but I truly hope Carnival doesn't change the makeup of the ships by filling them with non-revenue generating kids.

" but I truly hope Carnival doesn't change the makeup of the ships by filling them with non-revenue generating kids"

:confused: I have taken my kids on 3 cruises so far. I can assure you they generated quit a bit of revenue :eek:

IF they change it to kids sail free only during the off months, then it won't change our cruising habits at all since we can't cruise during those months anyway. Aside from the fact that our son is in school, my husband currently works retail and from about October through January (barring family emergency or an accident or illness that keeps you out of work) you're not allowed to take off more than your normal 1 or 2 days a week that you're scheduled for.

(Sorry if this has been asked or noted in this section)

Do families currently have to pay for children who are younger than 2? Most kids under 2 don't eat adult foods, or if they do, they definitely don't eat much of it. I could completely see them allowing kids under 2 to cruise for free, as long as they don't charge other guests extra. But otherwise, the kids rate should be the same as it is now, reduced as being the 3rd + passengers in the room.

Do families currently have to pay for children who are younger than 2? Most kids under 2 don't eat adult foods, or if they do, they definitely don't eat much of it. I could completely see them allowing kids under 2 to cruise for free, as long as they don't charge other guests extra. But otherwise, the kids rate should be the same as it is now, reduced as being the 3rd + passengers in the room.

Yes, Kids under 2 pay full fare.

You know that if Carnival announces a "kids sail free" promotion, it will be for the low season months. In other words, for the months when kids are in school.

I'm order to take advantage of these promotions, parents will need to drag their kids out of school.

So don't hold your breath for a kids sail free promotion smack in the middle of summer of Spring Break . It won't happen. That's when Carnival makes their money .

Especially since everything here is based on pure speculation :)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Is that what you did as a kid? We were more refined just having fun.

In the playground and the woods by our house it was a free for all. If you think my parents stood for the nonsense and turned their backs like some of these parents do today you would be wrong.

In the playground and the woods by our house it was a free for all. If you think my parents stood for the nonsense and turned their backs like some of these parents do today you would be wrong.

There was no internet back then to report such.

Children under 2 do not have to pay gratuities, but they are charged full fare. This is mostly due to the fact that there is a limit to how many beds can be full on a given ship and that child under 2 is taken one of those spots. During the off season the third person rate isn't horrible, but during the summer and most holidays (Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring Break, and Christmas) the rate is jacked waaaay up. You'll never see Kids Sail Free during these times--it's they're bread and butter.

I know my parents wouldn't have stood for that kind of crazy behavior and we don't put up with it either for the most part.

Maybe because my son did CC for ONE day on our last cruise and decided he hated it, we never saw that many kids onboard ship and this was at the tail end of the busy season (August). He had way more fun hanging out with us, going to trivia and karaoke than he would have with his peers since he has a bit of social anxiety around kids he doesn't know.

He even came with me to tea on the sea days..the servers kinda gave me this look but he was extremely well behaved and loved getting to do something so grownup. :D

"Mom..are you having tea, Earl Grey, hot?"

"Yup."

"You know Captain Picard drinks that too, right?"

"I know, sweetie." :D

I know my parents wouldn't have stood for that kind of crazy behavior and we don't put up with it either for the most part.

Maybe because my son did CC for ONE day on our last cruise and decided he hated it, we never saw that many kids onboard ship and this was at the tail end of the busy season (August). He had way more fun hanging out with us, going to trivia and karaoke than he would have with his peers since he has a bit of social anxiety around kids he doesn't know.

He even came with me to tea on the sea days..the servers kinda gave me this look but he was extremely well behaved and loved getting to do something so grownup. :D

"Mom..are you having tea, Earl Grey, hot?"

"Yup."

"You know Captain Picard drinks that too, right?"

"I know, sweetie." :D

Sounds like you did a very good job with him. I just cannot stand a brat (not like my kids or even me at that age were saints) , but some little smart mouth just makes my skin crawl and I can't sit still and take that.

Oh he's far from a saint. :D But he knows that if he doesn't behave in public, he's GOING to get a lecture about it.

I've run into far too many parents (both in real life and online) who say "Oh my kid has (insert disorder/issue/problem here). They can't behave because (whatever disorder/issue/problem) doesn't allow them to! THEY CAN"T HELP THEMSELVES!" That attitude drives me bugnutty.

Um. No. They can. If my kid who has ADHD and Asperger's can manage to behave semi-normally in public about 95% of the time, so can yours