Saturday, December 7 - Westerdam Sailaway

innlady1

I don't think she's coming all the way in. A U.S. Coast Guard 45' RB-M, call sign 45639, from USCG Station Ft. Lauderdale is on the way as we speak to rendez-vous with her, possibly to conduct a medical disembark/transfer at sea

Edited by Copper10-8

I want to thank you all for looking for me last saturday on my wedding cruise sailaway! It made it even more special to know people were on the other side, looking at us!

Man, I've never sailed out of FLL before, it's SO COOL to be there and see what we always see on the webcam!

I have to give a huge thanks to Lou. He called me on the morning of the wedding before 8am to tell me he was going to give me and my party a lot of air time today, and he really did! On the sailaway video alone we got 2 minutes!

So awesome to have that as part of our wedding memory.

And as for the Oasis...I have to say, it was quite an experience. I've never experienced such easy on/off on ANY ship as that one. Amazing idea, isn't it? 6k passengers and no lines to get on/off? Do I want to sail megas all the time? Definitely not, but I'm game for another in the future for sure. Great time was had by all.

I want to thank you all for looking for me last saturday on my wedding cruise sailaway! It made it even more special to know people were on the other side, looking at us!

Man, I've never sailed out of FLL before, it's SO COOL to be there and see what we always see on the webcam!

I have to give a huge thanks to Lou. He called me on the morning of the wedding before 8am to tell me he was going to give me and my party a lot of air time today, and he really did! On the sailaway video alone we got 2 minutes!

And as for the Oasis...I have to say, it was quite an experience. I've never experienced such easy on/off on ANY ship as that one. Amazing idea, isn't it? 6k passengers and no lines to get on/off? Do I want to sail megas all the time? Definitely not, but I'm game for another in the future for sure. Great time was had by all.

So glad it worked out so well for you. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.:D

We were on the Westerdam last Saturday; the return to FLL was so smooth that most on board were unaware. Imagine our surprise to see FLL lights from our verandah after dinner!

The Captain announced the med evac the next day. And we were also told by staff that one of the ships that left before us had to immediately return for a med evac too.

Did you see us all waving madly? :D

I did! LOL. Didn't you see when I started going insane? That's when I saw you waving! :-)

The coolest part was hearing the people in the condos live and in person with their bells/horns. You hear them online so often...just makes it so real lol.

I did! LOL. Didn't you see when I started going insane? That's when I saw you waving! :-)

The coolest part was hearing the people in the condos live and in person with their bells/horns. You hear them online so often...just makes it so real lol.

I'm glad everything went well. You did get a lot of air time. PTZtv is the best. We enjoyed watching and waving to you!

Looking forward to seeing the white trucks, condos and wavers in person in January.

you certainly got a lot of air time! It was great to spot you and yes, waving like mad here :D

Once more congrats and I am glad you had a nice time on Oasis. I would love to hear some more about your time on her, are you posting a review or a comparison or something like that?

Thanks for the update.

We were pleased Lou spent time focusing on your group, we were waving to you from "down under" and sending best wishes for your future.

you certainly got a lot of air time! It was great to spot you and yes, waving like mad here :D

Once more congrats and I am glad you had a nice time on Oasis. I would love to hear some more about your time on her, are you posting a review or a comparison or something like that?

I dont know...most people in the HAL camp tend to hate the behemouths LOL. Me, it seems I just love to cruise. :-)

There's just so much going on with that ship that I dont even know where I'd start. Have any questions, i could try answering them LOL.

It was our pleasure! Thank you for all the good words…

Lou