Ventura - Bumped off Club Dining with 4 days to go!

janieb1962

Oh I remember that queue on Ventura a couple of Christmas' ago. They said it was from 7am and people started queuing at 6. There were two lines, one to be on the first sitting and one to be on the second. We wanted second and I was at the front within seconds. Seemed everyone wanted early sitting. I suppose thats closer to when people might have Christmas dinner at home.

I certainly get the impression that second sitting has become less popular over the past few years. Suits us as we like second sitting.

As we experienced on Grand Princess with double freedom capacity two main issues which are cause for complaints are removed. You never have to wait for a table and if P&O can be bothered to rearrnge the rooms more tables for 2-4 can be provided.

We had a table for four every night for a week and never had to queue.

On Eclipse one particular waiting team were brilliant with our daughter and there was never a problem getting a seat in their section when we asked. Celebrity do enable you to book a time with freedom too which is handy if you are in a large group and want to book the same time every night.

I do hope that the people going off on their cruise tomorrow get a satisfactory solution to this today. If so, this will be because of the intervention of David Dingle though and not because of a good customer services department, who these people have already been through.

For the record,Dai, actually I always do try to have a balanced view. I love the P&O product and love to be able to praise them when I can, but have been horrified by watching them lurch from one bad decision to another as regards customer relations. No sooner do they sort out one problem, they upset people with another - if not by the decision, but by the way it is implemented and then by the way they seem to handle the dissatisfaction. It is not good that people have to go to a top man to get action. Here though, I would just like to say that I think David Dingle seems to be doing his best to tackle the problems and I still have hope.

Also, I have to say that I do object to being slapped down in a very patronising way on this forum if daring to say something against P & O.

Edited by Scriv

I do hope that the people going off on their cruise tomorrow get a satisfactory solution to this today. If so, this will be because of the intervention of David Dingle though and not because of a good customer services department, who these people have already been through.

For the record,Dai, actually I always do try to have a balanced view. I love the P&O product and love to be able to praise them when I can, but have been horrified by watching them lurch from one bad decision to another as regards customer relations. No sooner do they sort out one problem, they upset people with another - if not by the decision, but by the way it is implemented and then by the way they seem to handle the dissatisfaction. It is not good that people have to go to a top man to get action. Here though, I would just like to say that I think David Dingle seems to be doing his best to tackle the problems and I still have hope.

Also, I have to say that I do object to being slapped down in a very patronising way on this forum if daring to say something against P & O.

Well if you had not made the first comment I would not have responded. You cannot make comments as you did and not expect a response.

Hi Janieb, great news your sorted. we got bumped as well, and after to lengthy phone calls last sat I wrote to the customer services mgr on Monday and only had an acknowledgement. How did you contact David Dingle? I am fuming that that told us as such short notice, they must have known a while back. see you on board!!

The email address is :david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Dai : A response yes, but not in that manner.

Looking back, I feel that the problem is the written word and how it can be translated in different ways. My first sentence where I commented about a balanced view, was about me wanting to give a balance to the discussion. Perhaps in the next sentence I should have said you and others as I meant it as a general statement. ie. many people only give a negative stance about the customer service. Thus concluding that this was the norm. Well I know it is not. Only people who have had a good experience do not come on here. Only those with an axe to grind. On other forums people are now relating there good experiences as a counter to the negativity of many posts.

I only post as I find.

The email address is :david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Dai : A response yes, but not in that manner.

I have sent another mail to David Dingle to say that customer services still have not contacted me and how disappointed we are especially when I have heard that someone else has gone back to club dining. That was over an hour ago and still no response.

getting really angry now

I have sent another mail to David Dingle to say that customer services still have not contacted me and how disappointed we are especially when I have heard that someone else has gone back to club dining. That was over an hour ago and still no response.

getting really angry now

I doubt he looks at his emails in real time!

Forget the hassle and go and enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by Brayman

I doubt he looks at his emails in real time!

Forget the hassle and go and enjoy your cruise :)

I doubt if he looks at them at all, until they have been filtered by his secretary. She will only direct to him those needing his personal attention, and minor passenger complaints on issues such as allocation of dining are unlikely to fall in this category. They will be redirected to the appropriate department, who will reply in his name.

If you do get stuck with Freedom you will have to be up early on the first day. A friend currently on Azura emailed to say her husband joined the queue to book for Christmas and New Year's day at 7am and was 30th in the queue!

I am sorry that folks have had this disappointment. We're going on Saturday and have freedom dining by choice. I was wondering what this means by having to book for Christmas and New Year's day? Anyone (including Host Sharon) please enlighten me? Why would we need to book for these days when we already have freedom dining, unless something else is happening these days?

Thanks for any info.

Hope all enjoy the cruise.:)

I am sorry that folks have had this disappointment. We're going on Saturday and have freedom dining by choice. I was wondering what this means by having to book for Christmas and New Year's day? Anyone (including Host Sharon) please enlighten me? Why would we need to book for these days when we already have freedom dining, unless something else is happening these days?

Thanks for any info.

I have only had Club Dining at Christmas but this is what my friend wrote from Azura -

The first task is to book our Christmas Day table in the Freedom restaurant. This is the only time we will have to do this. As the meal involves extra courses the only way everyone can be accommodated is by having 2 sittings in the restaurants and utilising the speciality restaurants as well. G has gone down to sort our booking out. Bookings opened at 07:30, at 07:00 he was about 30th in the queue. We got the seating and table we wanted but many many very disgruntled angry passengers on board. The queues blocked the cafe area for all of the morning. Tales of being in the queue for 3 hours and more can be heard around the ship. Not a good start for people's holiday.

Edited by Host Sharon

Thanks so much for your quick and informative reply Host Sharon.

I remember now when we were on the Azura at xmas a couple of years ago, that we also had to book a table for those evenings (I'd completely forgotten!), but we didn't have to queue up that early! It was a leisurely afternoon if I remember correctly. As we stood in the queue, they were asking for people to go to the speciality restaurants instead of the main dining room, so we said yes and it was the best decision we made. It was a very relaxing meal in great surroundings and peaceful.

Thanks again Host Sharon.

Thanks for any info.

We were Freedom dining on Ventura at Christmas a couple of years back. We had to queue a few days before Xmas day to select our dining time as Freedom wasnt operating on Christmas day.

I doubt if he looks at them at all, until they have been filtered by his secretary. She will only direct to him those needing his personal attention, and minor passenger complaints on issues such as allocation of dining are unlikely to fall in this category. They will be redirected to the appropriate department, who will reply in his name.

He read mine, passed it on to his customer services manager asking for it to be resolved quickly, then replied via his personal email after our problem was resolved.

It isn't quite as simple as that. The kitchens work in totally different ways.

On both the Grand Princess and Crown Princess if there is oversubscription for club dining they have an additional first sitting at 5:30pm in the freedom dining restaurants. P&O could do the same if they wanted to.

Looking back, I feel that the problem is the written word and how it can be translated in different ways. ..........

I only post as I find.

Very true. Communication is a dangerous business lol.

Happy Christmas Dai and a Happy New Year full of happy cruising :)

Barbara

Edited by Scriv

Very true. Communication is a dangerous business lol.

Happy Christmas Dai and a Happy New Year full of happy cruising :)

Barbara

And a very Merry Christmas to to and may the New Year bring lots of cruises booked.

Gan Canny

Dai

:) Just got the one to look forward to as my other half still works full time with limited holiday.

We are off to the Baltic for a 14 day trip on Oriana in June and so looking forward to it. Booked the St Petersburg excursions over the weekend, so it feels as if it is getting nearer!

Booked early and have the cabin we selected whilst on Oriana last May and also first sitting in the MDR linked up with another couple, so I do hope that reservation is honoured once Freedom Dining comes in.

Mind you, was glad we were on dry land last night with the weather down here in Hampshire.

Barbara

Edited by Scriv

:) Just got the one to look forward to as my other half still works full time with limited holiday.

We are off to the Baltic for a 14 day trip on Oriana in June and so looking forward to it. Booked the St Petersburg excursions over the weekend, so it feels as if it is getting nearer!

Booked early and have the cabin we selected whilst on Oriana last May and also first sitting in the MDR linked up with another couple, so I do hope that reservation is honoured once Freedom Dining comes in.

Mind you, was glad we were on dry land last night with the weather down here in Hampshire.

Barbara

Well we have just today, got the email with our Eticket notification for Oceana at the end of the month. Our first and last getaway.

We have it a little windy up hear but no rain.