Breakfast Room Service Order Off Menu?

emeraldead

Hey all, first time ever cruiser, embarking Zaandam May 2014.

Not a morning person but do want to enjoy nibbles and something before lunch time. I thought I read somewhere if you order breakfast for after 8:30 or so you could order just about anything you wanted off-menu and it would be fine? (earlier wouldn't be possible due to prep and serving actual breakfasters).

For example, I love eggs benedict. If that weren't on the actual room service menu, could I order it anyway?

Also, what's your rating on the juices offered? Thanks!

We have written in Chocolate Croissants and gotten them; I have written in the Scandinavian breakfast (I think that's what it was called-herring & salmon) and gotten it for my room service breakfast.

We have written in Chocolate Croissants and gotten them; I have written in the Scandinavian breakfast (I think that's what it was called-herring & salmon) and gotten it for my room service breakfast.

I've written in a cheese plate and those delicious raisin buns. I find the orange and cranberry juice watered down.

Yes -- the dining room opens at 7:30 on port days and closes at 9. On sea days the dining room is open from 8 - 9:30.

As long as you order between those times, you can write anything in on the order form.

So far no one has been refused.

Thanks KK :) What about the lido, when does it open& closes for breakfast ?

And why the room service don't go by the lido's times rather than MDR times ? Just curious and a little puzzled.

Edited by Thebes

Thanks KK :) What about the lido, when does it open& closes for breakfast ?

And why the room service don't go by the lido's times rather than MDR times ? Just curious and a little puzzled.

If memory serves, the Lido closes around 10:30 am.

Pretty sure that room service needs the MDR kitchens for it's work. Lido is a different set up. but that's just a best guess.

For example, I love eggs benedict. If that weren't on the actual room service menu, could I order it anyway?

In the Lido you can get six different styles of eggs benedict, but I believe for room service you can only order the standard because the room service orders are not prepared in in the Lido.