What does your PVP do?

DaisyGirl55

I have a PVP that I use when I book my Carnival cruise. He helps with the occasional issue or answers a question or two. Mostly, I know the ship, the date, and even the cabin when I call him. He books it and takes my deposit. After that, I do not usually hear from him.

He is not the quickest in response time wither by email or by phone, and when I want to talk to him - it usually takes me several attempts before we connect.

So my question is this: What does your PVP do for you? Should I expect more? Do I really need a dedicated PVP or just talk to whoever answers the phone when I call Carnival?

Okay - that is several questions...:p

Can someone clear this up for me??

Our PVP is a nice guy. He helps me book a good room, hes never been wrong

yet with 6 Carnival cruises. If I have a question and call, I

usually get a voice mail but hes quick to return my call.

He always calls us about a week out and wishes us happy

cruising and he will call after our cruise to see if we had a

good time and talk about the cruise. :D

This is my first cruise with Carnival, so my first experience with their PVP's and I have to say my guy is outstanding. Blows away the NCL people.

I have his cell number and can call anytime. Once I called to make a change and he was just on his way out to a water park with his girlfriend but still took my call! :eek:

He is prompt and efficient and although I too had my cruise and room picked out before I called him, he has helped with several changes I had to make and add on.

I like the security of knowing I can call him and talk to someone who knows his stuff rather than the random customer service person on the general line.

We have a terrific PVP! I wish I could give her name. She's very helpful, has a good sense of humor, and stays in touch with us, either by phone, or e-mail, or both. I hope that everyone that has her as their PVP appreciates her as much as we do.

If you're willing to pay the deposit for our next cruise, I'm sure there's away I could supply you with her name. (hint, hint,wink,wink)

Edited by beachbum53

PVP, TA or online. All just methods to book our request. We always have it nailed down to ship, dates, cabin and itineraries then start shopping price. Very little if any difference between any of them at any given time. Occassionnaly one of the on line sites will be giving a little OBC post cruise but that;s about it.

Nice people all.

I have a PVP that I use when I book my Carnival cruise. He helps with the occasional issue or answers a question or two. Mostly, I know the ship, the date, and even the cabin when I call him. He books it and takes my deposit. After that, I do not usually hear from him.

He is not the quickest in response time wither by email or by phone, and when I want to talk to him - it usually takes me several attempts before we connect.

So my question is this: What does your PVP do for you? Should I expect more? Do I really need a dedicated PVP or just talk to whoever answers the phone when I call Carnival?

You and I must have the same PVP!!

We were given the name of our PVP from our friends that have booked many cruises with her. She is great and she has made numerous changes to my booking for me to accommodate our changing schedule and plans and never complained and I am sure I have been a pain in the butt. She always helps us pick the best cabins because I never know where I want to end up and gives suggestions as to what cabins will be noisy or quiet.

I use a pvp to book usually because I get interline rates often and they have to verify my credentials that they already have on file. They are also good with helping me find the best cabin available for the price I paid. They can also find good other discounts that I might not have known about which can sometimes lead to obc. Also, if you travel with people that have special needs, they can better coordinate that with you so it is all taken care of by the time you get on board.

I have a GREAT pvp-the 1st cruise I booked thru a 3rd party-after the cruise was over, I was called by a Carnival pvp, asking how we (my mother and I) enjoyed our cruise, and if needing to book another cruise in the future, to give him a call. A few months later, I called him and booked another cruise...He'd call before the cruise to wish me a bon voyage, then call when I got back to see how the cruise-good p.r.! Over the years, I always booked thru him, and he was always very helpful- in letting me know about other cabins that may be available, helping me with E.S. and other OBC, etc. If he wasn't available, when I 'd call, he'd either return the call right away, or he'd have on his voice mail the name of another co-worker, who could assist, while he was vacation. Some cruises I went solo, and other times, I'd invite my mom along-she got to see Alaska 1st, then the Southern Caribbean, then Canada, and 2 years ago the Western Caribbean. In Oct., she passed away due to cancer (and she was 90, as well). My pvp even sent me a condolence card (via snail mail;)) So, yes, there are good pvps, and some not so good pvps, and, as I said some GREAT ones!:cool:

You simply couldn't convince me to use a Carnival PVP because when Carnival screws up, they will not own up to it and honor their promises. At least with Vacations To Go I have someone in my corner outside the food chain that will at least argue my case as opposed to a Carnival employee that has to do what their supervisor tells them.

I'm Platinum and recently booked a higher National Cruise Week fare because they were offering a $150 per cabin OBC. I had my TA specifically ask if the full $150 applied to single cabins and the Carnival rep said yes. When I got on board the Freedom, though, they refused to honor the $150 amount and only gave me $75. My VTG TA argued with Carnival to no avail, so he bought $75 in Cruise Cash for me on my second Freedom cruise last week.

I sailed 22 days out of 75 on Carnival this fall, but I think it's time I took a break and sail on NCL where they treat their Platinum Guests considerably better.

sounds pretty much like mine with exception to mine is pissed at me. she switched my cabin without asking and when she found out I called in and had someone else change me back she got quite upset. says now our communications can only be handled via phone. no more emails or voicemails so we don't misunderstand each other. since we sail in june I will assume I won't hear from her until august then she will hound me until I book or tell her to leave me alone. then each time I check prices on carnivals website she will call asking me if I'm ready to book yet. most of the time she ends up being more of a pain in the butt then being helpful.

I like my PVP since it is a person I am familiar with and he always calls me back within 5 minutes after I call. It really helped having a good PVP earlier in the year when I got 6 price drops in two weeks. Reading the CC boards, people were on hold for a long time calling Carnival during this period, but my PVP was always there and able to get me a price drop.

I like my PVP since it is a person I am familiar with and he always calls me back within 5 minutes after I call. It really helped having a good PVP earlier in the year when I got 6 price drops in two weeks. Reading the CC boards, people were on hold for a long time calling Carnival during this period, but my PVP was always there and able to get me a price drop.

Your experience is much like mine. Also, in my first conversation with my planner I explained that I would mainly be utilizing them as an order taker and to ignore the times when they see I have been on the web site. So far so good!

You simply couldn't convince me to use a Carnival PVP because when Carnival screws up, they will not own up to it and honor their promises. At least with Vacations To Go I have someone in my corner outside the food chain that will at least argue my case as opposed to a Carnival employee that has to do what their supervisor tells them.

I'm Platinum and recently booked a higher National Cruise Week fare because they were offering a $150 per cabin OBC. I had my TA specifically ask if the full $150 applied to single cabins and the Carnival rep said yes. When I got on board the Freedom, though, they refused to honor the $150 amount and only gave me $75. My VTG TA argued with Carnival to no avail, so he bought $75 in Cruise Cash for me on my second Freedom cruise last week.

I sailed 22 days out of 75 on Carnival this fall, but I think it's time I took a break and sail on NCL where they treat their Platinum Guests considerably better.

Ditto this. I have had excellent service from VTG. On my last cruise, CCL didn't acknowledge some OBC I was supposed to have. One email to my TA after the trip, and VTG sent me a check for the amount of the missing OBC the next week. They are great about accommodating my varied booking changes and always include a bottle of champagne for me. Awesome company, I have booked the last five out of my six cruises with them and see no reason to switch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Love my PVP used her for the last 10 years and would not book with anyone else.. she has organized some amazing family reunions, worked miracles of getting us all together at the same table for dinners.. proud to say she is not only my PVP she is also my friend

I cruise with a large family group on an annual basis. We all use the PVP and all the great things that have been said on this thread are true about the man we use. He always finds the lowest rate, excellent cabins, and handles on board credits (stock) for the entire family. Would not book with anyone else.

This is our first time using a PVP and we sail in exactly one month and one day. She has been so helpful, from helping us choose our cabins, to booking our families in the cabins in a manner to help us make the most of discounts. She emailed me pictures of the cabin type we're staying in. She's done every price drop, and checked into price drops to see if they'll benefit us. If she doesn't answer the phone, she calls right back and it excellent at responding to my emails. When we decided to book excursions through independents, she was understanding. When we sail again, we'll definitely be giving her a call.

DW and I have used the same PVP for 8+ years, and while they have handled our booking, nothing spectacular has happened. We already have decided which cabin we want, and know the price going in. After booking, no contact from the PVP, nor do we hear back from him after our cruise, as some have posted here. Is this good, bad, or indifferent? They are in business to book cruises on CCL, therefore not in my circle of friends. He doe what I request, that is book our cruise, and to me, that is what I want him to do. Only time I hear from him is when he notices I have been on the CCL web site looking at various cruises. Thus, I look at other sites to keep him from calling and asking if I' ready to book a cruise.