NEW MENUS are confusing to me...

Elaine515

Does anyone have the new menus in order so that I can see them and not be so confused... I'm really looking for them starting from day 1 and in order so that i can plan what day to book the Steakhouse on the Liberty..

Boarding is Saturday and we want to eat in the Dining Room that night to check out the new menus and tables, Sunday is Superbowl Sunday so dinner might be Guys Burgers on the Lido Deck and not sure what nights are formal etc.. can someone please help me...

Thanks

Does anyone have the new menus in order so that I can see them and not be so confused... I'm really looking for them starting from day 1 and in order so that i can plan what day to book the Steakhouse on the Liberty..

Boarding is Saturday and we want to eat in the Dining Room that night to check out the new menus and tables, Sunday is Superbowl Sunday so dinner might be Guys Burgers on the Lido Deck and not sure what nights are formal etc.. can someone please help me...

Thanks

I haven't looked at the Glory's itinerary, but the the menu order will change depending on the length of the cruise. 5 day will have a different menu order than a 7 day.

Also, the menus will change depending on the ports of call, since they are now doing "local" food items. So the Glory's current menus won't be the Liberty's menus, unless they have identical ports of call.

And since it's so new, I expect they will be tweaking the menus little by little until they get to a point where they work and they are happy with them.

Edited by CoconutJD

Thanks for the above link... I think I understand it a bit more now... although if I'm reading it correctly, then day 2 has the Veal Parmesan (which is my favorite) but I'll be up on the Lido Deck eating Guy's and watching the SuperBowl :(

Now to print these out, show them to Grandma & Poppy and let them decide what day to make reservations in for the Steakhouse...

FYI Guy's closes at 6pm so you will be eating an early dinner.

Thanks for the above link... I think I understand it a bit more now... although if I'm reading it correctly, then day 2 has the Veal Parmesan (which is my favorite) but I'll be up on the Lido Deck eating Guy's and watching the SuperBowl :(

Now to print these out, show them to Grandma & Poppy and let them decide what day to make reservations in for the Steakhouse...

Check out the buffet for veal parmigiana. The buffet often has a lot of the main dishes that are being served in the dining room.

I was on the Triumph during this past Super Bowl and they moved formal night to the next night.

You should relax with this menu stuff. It just started and they will compile survey results and make changes accordingly.

You can check the menus daily on the TV in the morning for that night. Then make your plans from there.

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09

When did they say they were making this fleet wide? On a previous thread from someone on the Glory during the rollout it was mentioned that it was just the Glory for now and they didnt have dates of when the other ships would be making the change.

We are on the Victory a couple days after you sail. Since it is an older ship without 2.0 I am assuming we will not be lucky enough to try to new menus.

Based on what I've read I wouldn't be worried about the new menus on any ship other then the Glory. They stated it was a trial run on the Glory and the Glory only for the months to come. Sounds like your doing a whole lot of research for nothing.

It's on the Liberty as of January and then two more ships (Imagination and Inspiration shortly after that). Carnival has not announced the roll out after those 4 ships.

John Heald said the rest of the fleet will get the new menus by the end of 2014, so that would be a couple of ships per month.

They took away most of the traditional soups both hot and cold saying they weren't that popular........I guess they used the same logic about the elimination of the fun farewell party......quit advertising it, then hide it in an obscure lounge then act surprised that few people show up......:rolleyes:

After reading these new menus, am I correct that there is no longer an everyday menu choice?

That from the grill section is kind of like the old everyday menu.

What I don't like about them is having to order individual sides. If my sister and I don't order the same appetizers and side dishes I don't know how they are going to fit all those dishes on a 2 top table.

That from the grill section is kind of like the old everyday menu.

What I don't like about them is having to order individual sides. If my sister and I don't order the same appetizers and side dishes I don't know how they are going to fit all those dishes on a 2 top table.

Well, as DW and I are looking else where for our next cruise, I guess it doesn't matter. May be a while before we experience the new dining experience on CCL.

Sadly, yes they did do away with them. Several people are asking for them to come back but I don't think it will happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

The cold soups are my favorite thing too...maybe a special order?? Boo hoo...sigh..they were so elegant and I had them for dessert too on last cruise...:(.

Woops...I found a strawberry rhubarb soup for dessert on day 3 I think...so..well it is definitely a more casual deal and less choices..love it or leave it on the elegant nights...but not all bad..just the way of casual Carnival...Sarah