Extra room for $200?

ccbargain

We are sailing on Carnival Triumph early 2014 and booked an OceanView room at the MAIN deck mid-ship (2 adults and 2 kids). Today Carnival called me and offered a second ocean view room for $200 more. But this is on RIVERIA and at the front (4 cabin after ours to the front of the ship).

Since this is our VERY first cruise, I'm concerned about the motion sickness, proximity to elevator and all.

Is it worth it ?

Edited by ccbargain

We are sailing on Carnival Triumph early 2014 and booked an OceanView room at the MAIN deck mid-ship (2 adults and 2 kids). Today Carnival called me and offered a second ocean view room for $200 more. But this is on RIVERIA and at the front (4 cabin after ours to the front of the ship).

Since this is our VERY first cruise, I'm concerned about the motion sickness, proximity to elevator and all.

Is it worth it ?

Just for the extra bathroom alone it might be worth it.

My families very first cruise was on NCL Spirit, we had two inside cabins very front of the ship- very quiet location as no one wanders up there unless they have a cabin there. We did feel movement but we cruised from NYC to the Bahamas & back, so the seas can get a little rough but it just helped us sleep a little better and no one got seasick.

Hope this helps, Happy Sailing!!!

Our last cruise was on the Triumph and we had 1 Oceanview room on Main deck. The lower and more center/midship you are the less movement you will feel. I honestly dont remember feeling any movement in our rooms. I believe ours were all the way forward on Main as well. We had 5 people in one room. Me, hubby, DS 12, DD 8 and DS 2.5 yrs old. It was tight but fine. The big kids slept in the upper beds (pullman style pull down beds) and Hubby me and the baby slept in the king. I wished that we had 2 rooms on the cruise because both big kids overate the first night and threw up all over the bathroom. GROSS. took the room steward and his assistant over 2-3 hours to clean it up. We had to stay out of the room the entire time.

We are cruising on the Magic in Feb and have 2 deluxe oceanviews on Riveria. When we initially booked the cruise, we booked 2 rooms so that we would have 2 bathrooms and not be all on top of each other.

For $200.00 total extra, id jump on that deal!

ETA: all of our cruises, we have had rooms on Riviera or Main. Its the best place if you are concerned about motion sickness.

Edited by DobberDog
added comment

Extra room would be great but I don't know how much movement you would have being on the Rivera deck.

I do know the Gulf can be bumpy in Feb, done that a couple of times. Jan could be the same. You will have a least one day down and one back that you could run into cold fronts. Never can predict the weather though.

Whatever you do, Have a Great Cruise!!

I would totally go for it for the extra room. We are taking the kids for the first time in January on the Dream and we did the two rooms.... we have the forward most ocean view room and they are in the porthole in front of us. It was worth it to me to have the extra space and the extra bathroom.

Is it worth it ?

So you would have 1 room mid on main deck and 1 room forward on riviera? Or 2 rooms on riviera?

2 rooms is nice but if it meant we were split up over different parts of the the ship we wouldn't do it. Particulary if 1 room was forward on the riviera deck.

Is it worth it ?

That's a pretty good price. I think I'd take it. Four in one cabin is pretty tight. I think you'd enjoy your cruise more having the privacy, extra bathroom, and extra space.

Have a great cruise.

Yes, unless your kids are toddlers, 4 people in 1 cabin is not ideal.

If there is an issue with motion, it shouldn't affect all 4 of you. So the 2 people most bothered can be in the mid-ship cabin. ;)

If you are really concerned about sickness, there are many many threads with tips on pills, bands and whatnot to help.