Santa coming

solehigh

Christmas 2010 on Sea Princess, Santa visited the children in the afternoon of Christmas Day. The Captain announced on Christmas Eve that the funnels had been cleaned and one engine had been left off for Santa to come down the funnel. :)

I know that on the Golden last year, he came out on a tender (I forget which Hawaiian island they were at), and was "driven" on the boat slowly around the ship, while the band played "Here comes Santa Claus". After going all around, he came aboard for a visit. It must have been so cute. When I heard about it, I wished I'd been there

Edited by simbasmom

We spent Christmas on the Golden Princess to Hawaii a few years ago. On Christmas Day (a sea day) there was a 'Christmas carnival' in the main atrium, with games for the kids to play and win prizes, they could decorate cookies, etc. In the middle of the atrium it snowed briefly and Santa arrived. Santa was played by the Cruise Director, and he was accompanied by 2 of the female Princess dancers, dressed in Vegas-style showgirl minidresses covered in gold sequins. A very odd combo, but none of the kids seemed to mind! Every child 12 and under got to line up to see Santa and sit on his lap for a picture, and then they were given a Princess teddy bear.

It certainly was memorable, even without a helicopter!

Via helicopter? Are you kidding?

Yes, Santa passes out stuffed animals to the kids. He is already aboard. It also "snows" in the atrium, carolers sing, etc. It's very festive.

We were told on one of our Christmas sailings that the helicopter with Santa was landing and then they played helicopter sounds over the intercom and told us to stay away from a portion of a deck so Santa could land. Of course, everyone was in the atrium who cared didn't know any different.

And on both of my Christmas sailings, Santa's helpers were definitely eye candy to certain grown ups. I couldn't believe what they wore and they were in most pictures with Santa.

Edited by Coral

We were told on one of our Christmas sailings that the helicopter with Santa was landing and then they played helicopter sounds over the intercom and told us to stay away from a portion of a deck so Santa could land. Of course, everyone was in the atrium who cared didn't know any different.

And on both of my Christmas sailings, Santa's helpers were definitely eye candy to certain grown ups. I couldn't believe what they wore and they were in most pictures with Santa.

Ah...I get it. The OP must've heard that from someone else and didn't realize it wasn't real. Too funny! :p

It's not like they're checking ID on the kids! If a 13 y.o. Lines up to see Santa it's fine. I saw older teens and adults lining up to see Santa (after the kids were done). As for the gift, if the 13 y.o. goes with the kids, I'll bet they get a gift anyway.

I think they use 13 as the cutoff because that is the cutoff for the teen group at the kids' facilities.

LOL Exactly.

I think it's more me. He probably doesn't want a teddy bear or santas lap. Lol .its just hard for me that he's my youngest and the Santa thing is over until I have grandkids !

Today in my subdivision Santa came to our cul de sac on a fire engine . My son went out and looked at the fire engine but didn't go near Santa , LOL

Maybe I need to go get my picture taken on Santas lap and that will make the empty nest getting closer thing less sad