Suitcases Under Bed?

arrice2

This is a pretty basic comment but you do know that you have to lift the bed to fit most suitcases. They usually don't fit by just sliding them. Just saying in case someone didn't realize this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have always stored our suitcases under the bed and there is still room for what the stewards need to store there. We slide the cases in with the handle toward us so we can pull it out and put any "used" clothing in there to get a head start on packing the day before disembarkation.

It has to have come up somewhere before, but has someone had to deal with suitcases not fitting under the bed(s)? The stewards store things under there too.

I know that getting new suitcases is a solution.

We have never had any problems getting our suitcases under the bed although sometimes we have to lift the bed to get them under. How many cases are you taking and how big are they?

DON

Whatever the stewards store under the beds can go up on the shelf in the closet. We usually have to lift the bed a little to get the luggage under, but on Coral Princess everything just slid right under.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have four 28" Samsonite Spinners. Only take all four on voyages over 5 weeks, however we have always been able to get them under the bed on the ships on all three lines we use. I really like this feature.

One, however, is slightly thicker than the others and the bed frame does present a bit of a problem. Also, if they have one side of the bed close to the wall you have to put the bags under sideways then, sometimes, once under, spin them, this is because the divider splitting the bed in two runs down the middle and it is too low to get bags under.

I have no problem doing this but my wife does. Someone with a bum back shouldn't try it. Get the steward to help.

Always had room for our bags and the steward's items. Accept on he Pacific Princess, it was not built for Princess. The closets were too small and we had to rearrange the furniture. We survived.

We got off the Pacific at the end of December after about a one month TA. Got three spinners under the bed plus our hand carries plus the stuff the steward had under there. We had a mini-suite though. Could be the difference.