Lobster Talk!

innlady1

Most every thread here regarding food mentions lobster, so when our son-in-law dropped off six local Northeast lobsters a little while ago, I thought of all of you! So cool...since our meals are already planned for Christmas, I will steam them and freeze...and save for later...Merry Christmas to Me! :p

You have much more Will power than me around a lobster! I'd be having a midnight snack -- then lobster quiche for Christmas Eve breakfast, lobster salad for lunch, lobster tail for dinner, leave one out for Santa -- Oh, the possibilities! Enjoy and Merry Christmas -- Maybe someone will leave a nice lobster tail in my stocking!

Guess I should not say that you can get in Supermarket here over Christmas period for $5.99/lb. Delicious!!!!

Some of our markets are selling lobsters in the tanks for the same price. We like the larger lobsters though. If I wanted to make lobster salad, I'd get some. Maybe I will. :D

The price was right on these red boys!

FREE....a lobster fisherman gave them to our son in law. And he knows how much I love lobster!

As it turns out, we're spending Christmas Eve with my sister here in Hingham - our kids won't be here til Christmas Day...so it's going to be an impromptu Christmas Eve dinner...what could be better?

Edited by innlady1

Most every thread here regarding food mentions lobster, so when our son-in-law dropped off six local Northeast lobsters a little while ago, I thought of all of you! So cool...since our meals are already planned for Christmas, I will steam them and freeze...and save for later...Merry Christmas to Me! :p

Sounds yummy, I love lobster :p

The price was right on these red boys!

FREE....a lobster fisherman gave them to our son in law. And he knows how much I love lobster!

As it turns out, we're spending Christmas Eve with my sister here in Hingham - our kids won't be here til Christmas Day...so it's going to be an impromptu Christmas Eve dinner...what could be better?

Sounds outstanding, Sheila.

ENJOY !!!! Have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas with your family. :)

I just made a 'lobster comment' on another thread and then noticed this one! The food was great on our recent Rotterdam cruise, with the exception of the lobster, which was even worse than usual; really nasty! I have yet to experience really good fresh lobster, the price usually putting me off (I am not a great seafood eater), but I must make the effort sometime.

I just made a 'lobster comment' on another thread and then noticed this one! The food was great on our recent Rotterdam cruise, with the exception of the lobster, which was even worse than usual; really nasty! I have yet to experience really good fresh lobster, the price usually putting me off (I am not a great seafood eater), but I must make the effort sometime.

You need to consider a Canada/New England cruise. Fresh lobster in every port. :) Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax..... fabulous fresh lobster. Be sure to have PEI mussels in Charlottetown. They are the best anywhere ! :)

You need to consider a Canada/New England cruise. Fresh lobster in every port. :) Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax..... fabulous fresh lobster. Be sure to have PEI mussels in Charlottetown. They are the best anywhere ! :)

Have done. Didn't try them. Have to go back! :D

I was told - more than once - on the Nieuw Amsterdam this fall that the lobsters were from Maine. Not sure if this was fleet-wide or just select ships. They had this whole sustainable seafood thing going on. I should have ordered them to find out for myself...but didn't want to be disappointed.

Anyone know if this is true?

We are seriously thinking this should be a must do cruise...I think I could eat lobster every single day....!!

Merry Christmas everyone......and Sheila...I hope you have a great lobster feast.........:)

We are seriously thinking this should be a must do cruise...I think I could eat lobster every single day....!!

Merry Christmas everyone......and Sheila...I hope you have a great lobster feast.........:)

The Canada/New England, Boston to Montreal to Boston, cruises are among HAL's best short cruises IMO We have done it repeatedly and cannot get enough of it. It's a terrific itinerary and unlike any other. Everytime we go, we find something new to enjoy as well as revisit things we've enjoyed in the past. :)

I ate lobster up and down the coast on this B2B cruise. And those PEI mussels are simply the best anywhere. And then there's Quebec City. I just love that place.

I ate lobster up and down the coast on this B2B cruise. And those PEI mussels are simply the best anywhere. And then there's Quebec City. I just love that place.

Carol........

YES and YES. :) !!!!!