Purchasing a bottle of alcohol once on board!

njboxermom

Good Morning All,

Does anyone know the price difference of purchasing a bottle of Grey Goose once on board compared to the pre-purchase through the bar set-up?

I cashed in a lot of credit card points for a OBC , possibly to many :D. I would rather purchase onboard & use some of the OBC.

Thanks in advance!

NJBOXERMOM

Good Morning All,

Does anyone know the price difference of purchasing a bottle of Grey Goose once on board compared to the pre-purchase through the bar set-up?

I cashed in a lot of credit card points for a OBC , possibly to many :D. I would rather purchase onboard & use some of the OBC.

Thanks in advance!

NJBOXERMOM

It is my understanding that the price is the same but when you pre-order you are charged sales tax.

I would double check, but I think any onboard purchase for onboard consumption is at the per shot price - VERY HIGH. Nothing like the pre-purchase. Not even close.

Here's the latest thread that I found on the subject where some posters did state that bottles were available at BV prices (plus 15% gratuity, forgot about that:o). To be on the safe side I would pre-order.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1927050&highlight=bar+setup

There were bottles available on the Epic from the bar at the same price as the pre-order. They were listed in the bar menu at maltings.

They were available on the Star and Dawn as well. On the surface the same price as pre-order until they add the 15% onboard gratuities. :eek:

Thanks so much everyone. I know we bought a bottle last time on the Gem but it was one of "those" nights & have no idea what we paid for it:D

NJboxerMom

Yes, same price ($120) but plus gratuity. Pre-order is the way to go as there is only a $3 service charge.

This was offered in several bars on the Jade. I'll try attaching a photo of the relevant bar menu page, but in case it's illegible, the main details are:

• prices are $80 (normal), $100 (premium), $120 (super premium), "ask your server for pricing" (ultra-premium)
  • bottle service includes your choice of six mixers (excluding Red Bull)
  • 15% autogratuity is added, plus sales tax in some ports and for some itineraries.

spirits.jpg.1a37a5c7bad1795dcd54415c99e46be3.jpg

i wasnt aware you could order or pre-order alcohol on the Epic...how would you go about it as I have not noticed anywhere on the ncl site to do so....wine yes, no hard stuff....

Just call and tell them you want to order a bar set-up. If you have a PCC they can take care of it for you, otherwise, the main number will work.

@ jetoem

I got the contact info from someone on my (Star) roll call. The e-mail was

GroupEventStar@ncl.com

so you might try

GroupEventEpic@ncl.com

for your sailing. I do not know if the phone number in the quote that follow would be the same for a different ship and embarkation port.

When you call -- I think they may use the reservation number and/or passenger number as a double check (in case cabin # changes?) so have those handy when you call as well as credit card. The bottles will be in your cabin (ours were IN THE DRAWER, very odd!) and you go to any bar to pick up your mixers (3 per bottle) and garnishes (3 per) which seems a little different than what is being quoted for buying on the ship.

All that follows are direct quotes, including the first sentence (despite the fact that it now appears you CAN buy a bottle on board, just an extra ~12% gratuity added). The list of prices INCLUDES the $3 service charge -- i.e. $80/$100/$120 PLUS $3...

---------------------------------------

Bar Set-Up is not available for purchase onboard.

You may request your bar set up by contacting our Reservations Department at 866 234 – 7350.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage.

*Bourbon/Whiskey*

Seagram's 7 Crown $83 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $103 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103 750 Ml

*Cognac*

Courvoisier VS $123 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $103 700 ml

*Gin*

Beefeater $83 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $103 1 Ltr

*Liqueurs*

Baileys Irish Cream $103 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $103 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $103 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $103 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $103 1 Ltr

Kahlua $103 1 Ltr

*Rum*

Bacardi Superior $83 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $83 1 Ltr

*Scotch Whiskey*

J&B Rare $83 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $103 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $103 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

*Tequila*

Cuervo Gold $83 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $103 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $123 750 Ml

*Vodka*

Smirnoff $83 1 Ltr

Absolut $103 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $103 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $103 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $123 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $123 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $123 1 Ltr

When you purchase a bottle of liquor they can choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below once they arrive onboard.

Choose 3 mixers:

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Pepsi

• Club Soda

• Cranberry Juice

• Diet Pepsi

• Grapefruit Juice

• Orange Juice

• Pineapple Juice

• Sierra Mist

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Tomato Juice

• Tonic

Choice of 3 garnishes:

• Apple slices

• Banana

• Carrot

• Celery

• Lemon slices

• Lime slices

• Maraschino Cherries

• Orange slices

• Peppers

• Pineapple wedges

• Pitted Olives

• Strawberries

THANK YOU

-----

Edited by crystalspin

Just call and tell them you want to order a bar set-up. If you have a PCC they can take care of it for you, otherwise, the main number will work.

Is there a blackout for bar setup. Ie spring break month or is that just for beverage package?

if you are purchasing in the store on board they keep it until the last night so you can't drink it until you leave.

Doesn't apply in the OP's situation as this is a bar set up.

Also, on some ships like the Sky, you don't get it until the morning of departure.

@ jetoem

I got the contact info from someone on my (Star) roll call. The e-mail was

GroupEventStar@ncl.com

so you might try

GroupEventEpic@ncl.com

for your sailing. I do not know if the phone number in the quote that follow would be the same for a different ship and embarkation port.

When you call -- I think they may use the reservation number and/or passenger number as a double check (in case cabin # changes?) so have those handy when you call as well as credit card. The bottles will be in your cabin (ours were IN THE DRAWER, very odd!) and you go to any bar to pick up your mixers (3 per bottle) and garnishes (3 per) which seems a little different than what is being quoted for buying on the ship.

All that follows are direct quotes, including the first sentence (despite the fact that it now appears you CAN buy a bottle on board, just an extra ~12% gratuity added). The list of prices INCLUDES the $3 service charge -- i.e. $80/$100/$120 PLUS $3...

---------------------------------------

Bar Set-Up is not available for purchase onboard.

You may request your bar set up by contacting our Reservations Department at 866 234 – 7350.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage.

*Bourbon/Whiskey*

Seagram's 7 Crown $83 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $103 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103 750 Ml

*Cognac*

Courvoisier VS $123 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $103 700 ml

*Gin*

Beefeater $83 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $103 1 Ltr

*Liqueurs*

Baileys Irish Cream $103 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $103 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $103 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $103 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $103 1 Ltr

Kahlua $103 1 Ltr

*Rum*

Bacardi Superior $83 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $83 1 Ltr

*Scotch Whiskey*

J&B Rare $83 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $103 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $103 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

*Tequila*

Cuervo Gold $83 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $103 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $123 750 Ml

*Vodka*

Smirnoff $83 1 Ltr

Absolut $103 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $103 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $103 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $123 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $123 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $123 1 Ltr

When you purchase a bottle of liquor they can choose 3 garnishes and 3 mixers from the list below once they arrive onboard.

Choose 3 mixers:

• Bloody Mary Mix

• Pepsi

• Club Soda

• Cranberry Juice

• Diet Pepsi

• Grapefruit Juice

• Orange Juice

• Pineapple Juice

• Sierra Mist

• Sweet and Sour Mix

• Tomato Juice

• Tonic

Choice of 3 garnishes:

• Apple slices

• Banana

• Carrot

• Celery

• Lemon slices

• Lime slices

• Maraschino Cherries

• Orange slices

• Peppers

• Pineapple wedges

• Pitted Olives

• Strawberries

THANK YOU

-----

Am I reading this correctly!??! That a liter bottle of Smirnoff vodka plus three

Mixtures and some fruit costs $83USD?!!!!!!?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Am I reading this correctly!??! That a liter bottle of Smirnoff vodka plus three

Yes. Ordering a bar set up ahead of time is expensive but some feel it is cheaper than purchasing a drink every time and they want to have a bottle in their room whenever they want.

This is not the same thing as purchasing alcohol on board in one of the shops and taking it back home after the cruise.

Yeah, pretty reasonable compared to buy by the drink! Great deal if your a drinker!! Been the same price for a couple of years now.