Caribbean cruise in November

denmarks

I have noticed that the lowest price for a Caribbean cruise is in November. Is that due to supply and demand due to families not able to go or it there a weather problem? I would think that summer would be too hot and November would be just right. What is your experience?

Supply and demand. November is still hurricane season plus kids are in school. Prices are higher for a Thanksgiving cruise but are usually lower the first couple of weeks in December, premium over the holidays and lower again in early January.

november is a great time to go except Thanksgiving week which is priced higher and is more of a hassle flying. Hurricane season is truly over by end of October but, as has been mentioned, it is possible for one to pop up. Late season storms are weaker and smaller than the ones you hear about and the ship's Captain will avoid it as much as possible. Don't worry, you will be fine in November.:D

We've sailed several times during November and the beginning of December. It's our preferred time to cruise -- weather is good (still plenty warm!), usually no problems with hurricanes (exception, hurricane Sandy end of Oct 2012), minimal kids on board (nice, unless you are traveling with kids of your own or wish to socialize with other young families)... and as mentioned, cruise rates are good, plus airfare is usually reasonable with the exception of holidays, of course.

Go for it! Then be sure to get yourself travel insurance - just in case. :)

I just got off a cruise about a week ago, and the weather was great (I think we had only one day with clouds and rain out of 10, temperatures were into the high 70s/low 80s most days, and water temperatures in the ports were quite nice too.) I think the main potential pitfall with a December cruise would be the potential for weather-related travel issues going to and from the ship (we didn't run into any with this trip, but a number of people on the East Coast did run into snow-related delays.) If you follow the standard advice to fly in at least a day before embarkation, you should usually be OK.

Edited by Vexorg

I do remember in Nov 2001 my dad took my sis and I on and W Carib itin and it was one week after a hurricane. The crew said the cruise prior to us outran the hurricane and did not make any ports. On our ports the water was choppy but the weather was nice.

We just returned from another W Carib itin in Nov and the weather again was great. Showers in the AM and sun in the afternoon, except clouds and rain in Belize but by then it was a welcome change. I cannot imagine being there in summer, must be SO hot! And I'm from So Cal.

Edited by whataboutport

Dh and I have a very small travel window each year. Also making minimum and near minimum wages, it takes us a very long time to save for a cruise. November is the perfect time for us since it's usually way cheaper and falls in the middle of our short travel window. Plus, our anniversary is in November.

We have been on several cruises, always in late October or early November and have never had bad weather. I shouldn't say never, but we have always made all of our port stops where the weather has been gorgeous. Not too cold, not too hot, just the way I like it. We did have a wind storm one night on one of our cruises and the boat rocked quite a bit, but you can get that anytime. Never been a problem for us. In fact, we love that time of the year, because there aren't many children or families travelling, not that I don't love kids, but I go on a vacation for some serious downtime, and screaming kids just don't allow that to happen..... LOL

My next one, is March 2014 with some friends from work, and it will be on a large Princess ship, during the height of March break. LMAO. Screaming kids and young adults (students) probably, galore.... But I am travelling with an "all woman" party this time, and we plan to be some of those "wild" passengers, so look out!!!!!

Truly, you will love a November cruise. Enjoy!

Kimm

We've done the last two Thanksgiving cruises. This year we did Eastern Caribbean and the weather wasn't the greatest, either in the Carib or in Florida.. Previous year was Southern Caribbean and the weather was hot hot hot! I thought the prices for the Thanksgiving cruises were pretty low..