Purchased Wine thru NCL?

SpoonerCruizer

I purchase wine thru NCL for our upcoming cruise. My question is, will I need to bring a corkscrew, or will there be one with the wine? Thanks for your help.

Always bring one with me but they will provide you with one as well as wine glasses, cleaned every day!

I normally bring my own corkscrew just in case. But good to know that they let you keep the ones they provide.

Thanks!

Oh one quick question. I will be purchasing my wine onboard the Breakaway. I think the Viva Vino package. I read in a different post that when you buy it they give you vouchers for the amount of bottles you would like. Then when you go to a lounge or restaurant they give you the bottle. Can you get more than one at a time? Thank you in advance if someone knows. Sorry but I'm a wino on my cruises!!

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

I normally bring my own corkscrew just in case. But good to know that they let you keep the ones they provide.

Thanks!

Oh one quick question. I will be purchasing my wine onboard the Breakaway. I think the Viva Vino package. I read in a different post that when you buy it they give you vouchers for the amount of bottles you would like. Then when you go to a lounge or restaurant they give you the bottle. Can you get more than one at a time? Thank you in advance if someone knows. Sorry but I'm a wino on my cruises!!

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Just to clarify - NCL lets you borrow a corkscrew. I wouldn't consider this something that you should keep and take home.

Yes, you can get a couple of bottles or all of them at once.

You know you can bring wine onboard, right? There is no limit and you can enjoy anywhere on the ship provided you pay the $15 USD per 750-ml bottle corkage fee.

Just to clarify - NCL lets you borrow a corkscrew. I wouldn't consider this something that you should keep and take home.

Ooops. I guess that makes me somewhat of a thief then!! :o

I have 3 of those NCL corkscrews.....one from each of my cruises! The ones we got were just * cheap and cheerful*.....I didn't consider giving them back!! SORRY NCL! :o

Ooops. I guess that makes me somewhat of a thief then!! :o

I have 3 of those NCL corkscrews.....one from each of my cruises! The ones we got were just * cheap and cheerful*.....I didn't consider giving them back!! SORRY NCL! :o

I think those would be alright.

The ones we have had in our cabin or in the mini bar were waiter's corkscrews like a heavy metal and plastic.

I think those would be alright.

The ones we have had in our cabin or in the mini bar were waiter's corkscrews like a heavy metal and plastic.

Phew thank goodness for that! I'm certainly not one of those people who * acquires* momentoes from my trips........you know, like towels etc from the bathroom! :eek: I'd be horrified if I'd taken something I shouldn't! :o

Thank you jvd.

Yes, I am aware that I can bring my own wine onboard. I think it would just be easier to purchase on the ship as opposed to carrying on 8 bottles that I would have to pay the corkage fee on.

My sister likes a magnum size white Pinot Grigio which she would have pay the $30 corkage fee per bottle because it's the bigger bottle. Isn't that the case?

Thanks.

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Yes, a magnum is $30.

The corkscrews we have received were always in a little box - brand new, so one would assume they were for the taking. I did ask one time and the steward said we could take it if we wanted. Another line we sail requires you to call room service to have bottles opened. What a pain! The bar wouldn't do it and the shops did not sell corkscrews. How screwy ;) is that. Pretty much of a pain since we had ordered ten bottles and they delivered all of them to our cabin:eek: jeez, never again .

When we have ordered the wine package on board...they deliver all of the wine to the room and we have to store it...it does create some problems as we have to turn our sink into an ice bucket (we get mostly white and they are chilled when we get them). It is nice to have it on demand though in the room!

And we have always taken the corkscrew...though generally bring it back with us to use on the next time.

We will be on the Jewel in April (first time on NCL). Can we preorder one bottle of wine for the room and if we like it buy another bottle a few days later on the ship ?

I pre-ordered just the one bottle of wine to be in our cabin on arrival on our Jade trip last August. I ordered it from the Bon Voyage gifts section on NCL as a treat for my DH. He enjoyed it and was able to order the same bottle again numerous times during the cruise. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip :)

I pre-ordered just the one bottle of wine to be in our cabin on arrival on our Jade trip last August. I ordered it from the Bon Voyage gifts section on NCL as a treat for my DH. He enjoyed it and was able to order the same bottle again numerous times during the cruise. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip :)

Thank you for the quick answer. Really appreciate it