Caribbean Princess Made all Ports!

azbirdmom

We have had a spectacular cruise thus far. We are sitting in Belize which is the last of our ports and the final tardy tender is depositing passengers. The water is like glass and it is clear, but very hot and humid. We have had clear weather in Roatan and Cozumel as well. Other than a delayed departure due to what was rumored to be an accidental stowaway, it’s been a wonderful cruise. Just thought I’d post to let folks know that it is possible to have a great cruise on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston, and I sure hope I haven’t jinxed things! Back to enjoying wine on our balcony and the lovely sailaway from Belize where the water is like glass, so calm!

Happy to hear you had a great time on the CB!

I board her 10 days from now! Yippee!

6 inches of snow today and 6 more tomorrow in Chicago. I'll take hot and humid Belize!

Norris

Very nice to hear. I will be doing a cruise out of Houston in December of 2014. I have never cruised from Houston. I have been to Roatan and Cozumel but never Belize. Once you get back please post a review. Any tips on cruising out of Houston would be appreciated.:):):)

I'm on the next cruise on Saturday. Did you park at the terminal? If so, what was the parking set up like?

We're planning our CC M&G on Sunday in the Wheelhouse Bar. Do you recall any events on Sunday morning that might interfere with that time?

We have had a spectacular cruise thus far. We are sitting in Belize which is the last of our ports and the final tardy tender is depositing passengers. The water is like glass and it is clear, but very hot and humid. We have had clear weather in Roatan and Cozumel as well. Other than a delayed departure due to what was rumored to be an accidental stowaway, it’s been a wonderful cruise. Just thought I’d post to let folks know that it is possible to have a great cruise on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston, and I sure hope I haven’t jinxed things! Back to enjoying wine on our balcony and the lovely sailaway from Belize where the water is like glass, so calm!

Another thank you for the positive reports. We board on 1/18 and I have been so disturbed by the reports of departure and arrival problems. We're pretty good about making the best of our cruise vacations no matter what happens - still better than being home in sub-zero weather - but it's also nice if things stay at least close to the scheduled itinerary. ;)

Thanks for the good wishes! We did get some clouds today but it didn't stop the festivities around the pools.

Primary entertainment has been Hawley Magic and they are very good. The production shows have been Do you Wanna Dance, Caribbean Caliente, and Born to be Wild. Saw the middle one and it was so-so. There's a comedian billed too but he must be on for our final night.

The accidental stowaway was rumored to be a man in a wheelchair who fell asleep in one of the lounges. When they noticed that all hadn't disembarked, they had to perform a full search of the ship. They had checked in 1000 people and then stopped that when they weren't cleared by the authorities to board. We got here at 1 and stood in the cold for about 1.5 hours. We were in our cabin 2 hours after getting to the ship and we were some of the lucky ones. It was a mess, but the cruise has been wonderful enough to erase most of the those memories.

The parking lot did not seem to be full, and we stared at it long enough to notice that. We arrived by bus as we do not live close enough to drive.

As for the Wheelhouse, last Sunday the events were at 9:30 and 11:30 AM, and both were spa seminars (acupuncture and restylane). The next event was at 2:15 and that was the Princess Pop Choir sign up. You didn't mention what time your M&G was scheduled for but I hope that covers it.

And New Years was great. They had parties on deck and in the Piazza. We attended the latter and there was dancing and a balloon drop, with a count down projected on a screen on deck 6 which also showed the festivities around the pool.

Will definitely write a review of this when we return home!

Weather is cold in Houston, but clear. Everything still look good for an AM arrival?

As far as we know, we're still due in on time. It's very clear right now but cold. It's been 53 for hours, but at least the wind and waves have died down. I did jinx things when I spoke of the great weather as we were rocking and rolling all last night with seas officially rough and force 7 winds until around noon today. The pools were halfway drained and the water was still splashing high in the air! Plenty to do on the ship though, and you wouldn't know that we were disembarking in the morning with all of the activities tonight. Fun cruise and I sure hope the folks boarding tomorrow have a great trip!

Thanks for the review azbirdmom, we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. How did you find the dining and entertainment?

Thanks for the review azbirdmom, we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. How did you find the dining and entertainment?

Will write a longer review when we return home. The ship was fully docked at 6:52 and the walk off people disembarked on time. I don't know if they did more because this was a holiday cruise but the food was a notch above other Princess ships we've been on this year. Hawley Magic was great, the comedian was very funny, and the two production shows we saw were average.

Thank you for the honest review. I find reading reviews very helpful when vacationing, yet most cruise reviews are all over the page. Difficult to find any consistency. Recently, the reviews for the Caribbean Princess have been less than favorable. Interesting the complaints frequently posted are the same for every cruise. How valid are reviews?

I was on the New Years Day cruise, also. Some thoughts:

Roatan and Belize were wickedly humid which made the temperature seem much higher. I have done Cozumel to death so I didn't get off the ship. Roatan was not impressive (did the iguana tour - they were really cute). Love the Mayan ruins in Belize but the turn off road to Altun Ha was a bone-rattling 13 miles. Belize has a lot of road issues. Still, I would like to see the other ruins.

Food was far superior to that I had on the Golden Princess this past June in Alaska.

Princess has invested more money in their new production shows and it shows. I only watched the comedian who was just 'okay'. Loved Sarge on the Golden Princess.

The duo in the Wheelhouse (my favorite watering hole) was dreadful. The piano player in Crooners drew more than the normal crowd so Princess put extra chairs out. He was that good. Other bands were okay to good.

Princess needs to up the game (pardon the pun!) on their on board activities. I can stand only so many trivia games.

Brett, the cruise director, struck a nice balance. He was neither overly manic nor low key.