St. Kitts excursion suggestions

boomer460

Going on Equinox Feb 21st. Have never been to St. Kitts before, any suggestions from anyone that has been there. Should we do a beach day or tour the island,, Any help would be appreciated. So looking forward to getting away from this Frigid Canadian Winter. Thanks.

I like St Kitts. Safe, and nice people. I would suggest simply getting a taxi to the beach. Both beaches are far enough away that you will get a bit of a tour on the way there. Tell your taxi driver what time you want to leave the beach, and he or she will be waiting for you (usually sitting there, talking to the other taxi drivers, and sometimes they'll just stay at the beach for the afternoon).

By Water: We've always enjoyed taking the catamaran to Nevis. Nice sailing and beautiful beach in Nevis which is like walking around on a post card. :)

By Land: Give the Train excursion a try. Much better than you might expect and a great way to see the island. :)

LuLu

~~~~

By Water: We've always enjoyed taking the catamaran to Nevis. Nice sailing and beautiful beach in Nevis which is like walking around on a post card. :)

By Land: Give the Train excursion a try. Much better than you might expect and a great way to see the island. :)

LuLu

~~~~

It is my favorite as well! I love the beach bar Sunshines right next to the Four Seasons. Laying on the beach drinking a beehive is a great way to spend the day.

Last year on St. Kitts we did the zip-line excursion thru the ship. I am mid 60's lady who loves to sit and knit & read. And as a nurse of course I have back & neck issues, but the excursion was a blast. So glad I went! Really fun, safe AND I was NOT the oldest one.

I can do a beach anytime!;)

We've been there three times. The first trip we took a tour with Rose and she took us to Brimstone Fortress, the Batik factory, and to a beach. She's an ex-pat Brit, as I recall. Click here (http://brimstonehillfortress.org/) to see info on the Fortress, which we really enjoyed.

Our second trip we did a ship tour to a beach, which was enjoyable, and our third trip we walked to the cathedral. You can see a collection of our photos by clicking here:

j

Going on Equinox Feb 21st. Have never been to St. Kitts before, any suggestions from anyone that has been there. Should we do a beach day or tour the island,, Any help would be appreciated. So looking forward to getting away from this Frigid Canadian Winter. Thanks.

We were there a couple of years ago and took a tour of the French Fort and the other side of the island. It was all day and the best $40 per person we spent. They provided drinks and beach time later in the day! I have pic's if you want !

We've done the Sugar Train twice. Either take the coach or catamaran back - both ways are great. I also liked the tour to Brimstone Fortress. If we go back again, we'll probably go back on the sugar train. Love the ride through the country side, the view of the beaches, etc. Great excursion!!

We were there a couple of years ago and took a tour of the French Fort and the other side of the island. It was all day and the best $40 per person we spent. They provided drinks and beach time later in the day! I have pic's if you want !

Thanks for your reply and information. Who did you book thru? The ship or an independent? Appreciate it..

We've done the Sugar Train twice. Either take the coach or catamaran back - both ways are great. I also liked the tour to Brimstone Fortress. If we go back again, we'll probably go back on the sugar train. Love the ride through the country side, the view of the beaches, etc. Great excursion!!

Who did you book the train ride through? Thanks

We've been there three times. The first trip we took a tour with Rose and she took us to Brimstone Fortress, the Batik factory, and to a beach. She's an ex-pat Brit, as I recall. Click here (http://brimstonehillfortress.org/) to see info on the Fortress, which we really enjoyed.

Our second trip we did a ship tour to a beach, which was enjoyable, and our third trip we walked to the cathedral. You can see a collection of our photos by clicking here:

j

Loved your pictures. I have one question, the pictures of the winding road and up to the top of a mtn. (I think) was that taken on a tour or did you go up there alone? We've never been to St. Kitt's so would love to see that & the fort.

I have one question, the pictures of the winding road and up to the top of a mtn. (I think) was that taken on a tour or did you go up there alone? We've never been to St. Kitt's so would love to see that & the fort.

We took the "Island Tour & Cockleshell Beach" tour with Rose & Jim's, based on several recommendations on this board. I think the "winding road" you mention is the road over the mountain to the beach at the end of the day. If you look at a map of St. Kitts it looks like a fat exclamation mark - the beach is at the end of the "dot" and the road there wanders around the sides of the hills. The road to Brimstone Fortress is windy and narrow - the picture of the monkey in the road was taken on that road. And the entrance through the gateway into the fortress is so narrow the drivers have to be perfectly aligned or the car won't make it.

j

First time on St. Kitts with my husband and I rented a car and we toured the island on our own. It was great and we were very happy we did this. At our leisure. We loved visiting Brimstone Hill Fortress, great history. Second time with our 3 kids, 14, 17 & 19 and we went zip lining, definitely one of the highlights of our trip, exhilarating flying over the rain forest and looking out over the Caribbean Sea. We did not book this threw RCCL, we went threw a private company. Highly recommend doing either.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.