Do you ever feel this way when you get home from a cruise?

DrivesLikeMario

Do you ever feel really happy, content and satisfied when you return from a really good cruise? Do you feel optimistic, rested and not grumpy at all, only to find yourself getting back to that somewhat grumpy stage once the good cruise memories start to wear off? Do you ever experience this and if so, what is your remedy (besides booking another cruise of course! :D )

omg YES! Our cruise on the CB was almost perfect! We had four days in NOLA afterward that were so ho hum in comparison. Then we came home..... Even worse. My remedy is looking on CC and reading about other people's cruises. I love reading the reviews, esp the ones with lots of pics!

Hi,

It varies, depending on the cruise. Some, I can acclimate back into the real world without much trouble. The other, more significant ones, like our recent Royal Princess cruise, still has me reading all the reviews and looking at pictures of the ship, to keep me in the cruise mode. I also keep the roll call going as long as I can. There are still some from my 2005 Star Princess group, with whom I'm still corresponding. We've also gone on another cruise with a couple of members of that group since then. Eventually, I give up the roll call when nobody but me posts for several days. One gal and I corresponded for a couple of years, from 2006-2008, on our roll call, until those posts from her got fewer and fewer.

Many times, after 2-3 months, I can forget about the cruise and go on, and then it's my husband who starts looking into another one. :D Once he decides to book one, then he has me get into that roll call right away.

Good luck!! We can only afford to go once a year or year and a half so look forward to the next one. We do have some land visits we need to make, though, because of some new babies in the family.

Take care for now. Lynne

Almost always I come home in a great mood after a cruise. It is after the reality of life hits me, that I get grumpy. However now that I don't have to return to the work-a-day world, life is so much better!

The obvious solution to PCLS is to book more cruises. :D

Do you ever feel really happy, content and satisfied when you return from a really good cruise? Do you feel optimistic, rested and not grumpy at all, only to find yourself getting back to that somewhat grumpy stage once the good cruise memories start to wear off? Do you ever experience this and if so, what is your remedy (besides booking another cruise of course! :D )

Yes ! so we book another one or two or three.

I'd be happier if everyone in my path wanted to sit for hours and let me tell them how fabulous my cruise was and then have them ohh and aww over all my wonderful experiences. I don't understand why I cant find more people like that:o

I'd be happier if everyone in my path wanted to sit for hours and let me tell them how fabulous my cruise was and then have them ohh and aww over all my wonderful experiences. I don't understand why I cant find more people like that:o

You and I should get together so we could share. :D

One thing I do to keep the feeling going is make photo books of the cruise. And also a calendar for the next year. I just hung my 2014 calendar which has pics of the Panama Canal cruise we took this year.

The good vibes start to wear off the minute I walk in the door and see the pile of mail! Then I start to think about the people who are in my cabin, talking to my room steward and then eating at my table. Just too much to bear:eek:! The only cure is get another cruise booked to St. Somewhere!!!

DH and I typically do one major trip to Europe every year and DH (age 75 with some health issues) has a pretty consistent track record of coming home with a respiratory bug that morphs into bronchitis and, in one case, pneumonia. We fly Business Class and I try to schedule longer stays and fewer crack-of-dawn plane flights so he's more rested but that hasn't helped.

In 2012 we took a cruise from Ketchikan to Juneau. It was heaven. We crossed fewer time zones, of course, and that helped, but DH and I went out on hikes and skiff excursions and did some kayaking. I did more kayaking, additional and more rigorous hikes and went snorkeling. We both came home relaxed and refreshed (and with a deposit put down on a cruise we're taking this year).

I think that when we travel on our own we spend a lot of energy getting from Point A to Point B, whether it's on foot or on public transportation. I wouldn't give up any of our European land trips (even though, true to form, DH came down with bronchitis after our trip to Paris last May) but it really made a difference to have the person on the bridge doing all the navigation.

Edited by Gloria Mundi

OMG this is soo soo funny i thought it was only me that felt like this. My kids make fun of me cause i am always looking at cruises. I am also always reading reviews. I wish i could go on a cruise a couple of times in a year, but at last we can't afford it. I am do again this year for my cruise on May 12, 2014. Waiting for it desperately. I had a total knee replacement two months ago i live in NYC i need some warm weather, so i keep looking at Portfever.com were i get to see all the ships schedule for departure on that day.:)

Some of these comments have me laughing so hard. That's helping get over the PCB (Post-Cruise Blues). Thanks for that and thanks for those that have replied and have experienced the same thing. It makes me realize I'm not the only one and it's normal for those of us with a cruising addiction! :)

I actually love that first couple of days back from a long cruise... There is a great pleasure to sleep in my own bed with my own pillows. That cool feeling of jumping into a "huge" shower the next morning. And the craving to go get *REAL* NJ pizza for dinner instead of getting stuffed on a 4-5 course MDR meal!

That said, by the end of the next week, I want back on a Lido deck!

Edited by crooooze

So far, I've cried both times we are leaving the ship. I dread turning my cell phone back on (we leave them off the whole time) and it's just one notification after the other binging and pinging... I was tempted last time to run over my phone with the car when we got to the parking lot, but DH said it'll be okay... we'll book another one! And then, I was okay.. JUST okay... until we made the reservation. Now, I'm excited again to start the cycle! :D

Same here. We go through that feeling after every cruise. While my wife is busy on her computer sorting her pictures to make a photo book and slide shows for her website, I'm here on CC enjoying myself by reading all these wonderful comments and reviews! :D

I need to get serious and do some research for our upcoming cruise in December. Maybe I'll just read a few more comments first!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Whether on or off the boat, I try hard to never ever be "grumpy":). The only thing that really hits me that first morning at home is I can't wander down to the buffet for breakfast -- sigh.

Whether on or off the boat, I try hard to never ever be "grumpy":). The only thing that really hits me that first morning at home is I can't wander down to the buffet for breakfast -- sigh.

What!! I have to make the coffee before I can have that first cup. :D And I miss watching the person making 3 omelets at a time.

Then there's having to do your own laundry. I think my clothes miss the ships laundry - they don't get folded neatly and wrapped in tissue in a nice basket at home.

I typically have to go back to work the day after I come back from a cruise, so it's like "crash bang boom!" back to reality. It almost feels like I don't even get a vacation cause I go right back to my insane work schedule. Going back to work really kills the cruise high. That's when I start planning the next vacation.

I typically have to go back to work the day after I come back from a cruise, so it's like "crash bang boom!" back to reality. It almost feels like I don't even get a vacation cause I go right back to my insane work schedule. Going back to work really kills the cruise high. That's when I start planning the next vacation.

That's exactly what my DH and CPA son have to do too - right back to work and crazy long hours. :(

Absolutely!

For me it wasn't so much the memories wearing off as going back to work and most of my coworkers resenting the fact that I went on a cruise and they didn't. GEH! I work to hard to pay for someone else to go on a cruise, they wanna go, we'll carpool that's it.

About a week back at work and I'll be looking back on CCL for my next escape from that place.

But now I quit there due to that, and this time DH is paying for the cruise. Now I'll be able to see how long the contentment lasts after I get back without bickering co-workers to drag me down.

Though I think it'll be easier, because by about day two-three of the cruises I really start to miss my dogs, so I am always happy to come home to them.