"Angle" balcony rooms on Breakaway

rstackjd

I've been booked on the angled balcony for my upcoming cruise.

I just wanted to know how much bigger and more enjoyable it was

to a regular balcony.

I've looked at the pics that were posted and can not figure it out.

I try different cabins all the time. Was just curious to this one.

Thanks.

Yeah, you can see how much bigger it is, but no one can answer for you how much more enjoyable it is, and I highly doubt you will be able to figure that out from looking at pictures. The enjoyment of it will be up to you once you are there.

You can pay one price and get a tiny balcony, or you can pay the exact same price and get a not-as-tiny balcony. That's the decision. It doesn't come with entertainment or clowns or anything additional. It's simply more space. Enjoy it however you want.

Edited by LrgPizza

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, you can see how much bigger it is, but no one can answer for you how much more enjoyable it is, and I highly doubt you will be able to figure that out from looking at pictures. The enjoyment of it will be up to you once you are there.

You can pay one price and get a tiny balcony, or you can pay the exact same price and get a not-as-tiny balcony. That's the decision. It doesn't come with entertainment or clowns or anything additional. It's simply more space. Enjoy it however you want.

I'm sure I'm going to like the angled balcony. I'm always trying to find a 'different' cabin each cruise. Last cruise I had two balconies and the cruise before that had no balcony but very big window in front of the living room and dining area.

I have always looked longingly at the angled balconies cuz the appear twice the size. When I asked my PCC, he said they were handicapped. Personally, I'll try to get one from now on. And I think they have a chaise in addition to the 2 chairs and table...

I have stayed in an aft-facing angled balcony on the Breakaway (13236) and have the identical room booked on the Getaway for next May. The regular balconies are quite small and having the extra leg room was great. I'm not sure you could get a chaise lounger plus two chairs and the table to fit though. There was plenty of room for myself, my dh and two kids to hang out. We loved the location - close to the aft elevators and stairs. The only drawback was that you had to look around the divider to see forward, but we did not get any wind!

has anyone actually experienced a lot of wind in a forward angled balcony ???

i have seen mentions of the possibility of the forward facing ones being windy but in all my searching i have not seen one person say "we stayed in a forward facing angled balcony and it was windy"

has anyone actually experienced a lot of wind in a forward angled balcony ???

i have seen mentions of the possibility of the forward facing ones being windy but in all my searching i have not seen one person say "we stayed in a forward facing angled balcony and it was windy"

Ha! That's funny you ask. We had forward facing, and I didn't even think about or notice wind. After reading so many comments here about possibility of wind, I tried to remember, and couldn't. That must mean it wasn't an issue, since I can't even remember.

I've noticed that people who have not been in one of these balconies like to offer that it might be windy. People who actually have been in one, report nothing of the sort.

Hi Lrgpizza

Thanks for your comment

I was booking the June 27th Getaway sailing a couple of weeks ago and found a good few mentions of "i went with aft angled as i've heard its windy on forward ones" but when i used the search function i couldnt find one person whos actually been in a forward one and said "its windy" !

In the end i went ahead and booked a mid ship forward facing angled balcony (the exact one pictured in here twice but on Getaway not Breakaway) and i shall report back here and let you know how I got on !

Edited by weebobby

• 3 years later...

From the look of the balcony, I think a lounger and a chair plus table would fit. My DD and I have the spa angled balcony booked on the Getaway. If the angeled was in a minisuite we might have booked that but this cabin was a really great deal since we booked during the no government fee promo.

We had the spa cabin/angled balcony on the BA and it was ok. Not really that much bigger.

I think we only had 2 chairs. The way it's angled you can't really lean over and look left but you can see all the people on their cabins on the right and the captain.

I would have preferred the spa mini suite next door.

Let me see if I can remember how to add a photo. If it works these photos are from the Escape room 9300. It was a great balcony and the lounger was there when we first got to the room.

enhance

enhanceenhance

I love the reflection photos. Too bad I was not dressed better.

This was the view looking back.

enhance

We found that we liked the lounger by the glass. We managed a few time to lay in the sun with the chairs like this.

enhance

Let me see if I can remember how to add a photo. If it works these photos are from the Escape room 9300. It was a great balcony and the lounger was there when we first got to the room.

enhance

enhanceenhance

I love the reflection photos. Too bad I was not dressed better.

This was the view looking back.

enhance

We found that we liked the lounger by the glass. We managed a few time to lay in the sun with the chairs like this.

enhance

Great pictures! I am going to try and get a lounger.