Ultimate Dining Experience on Balcony??

lowreta

Does anyone know if you have to get dressed up for this? Thanks.

Absolutely not!

You can wear whatever you want, even your pajamas if you like.

It is your private dinner on your balcony so be comfortable.

Mike:)

I’ve heard the balconies on the new Royal are a good bit smaller than the other ships. Are they still big enough to do the Balcony dinner?

Several people have posted that they had no problem having the UBD on a standard Royal balcony.

We did the balcony dinner on an aft balcony on the Caribbean Princess last

year. It was a bit tight but doable and so much fun. We dressed up some, not formal, for the picture then my husband took coat and tie off as it was a bit warm eating out there. We found this a wonderful experience and would definitely do it again. It is worth the price with all the food, drinks, wine, flowers, picture and service. :)

On our last cruise on the Golden I met a couple at one of the bars and we started chatting a bit. They showed me their picture from the UBD. Both were in their Princess bath robes. Its your private dinner and short of wearing only what mother nature gave you feel free to dress as you wish.

I’ve heard the balconies on the new Royal are a good bit smaller than the other ships. Are they still big enough to do the Balcony dinner?

We enjoyed the UBD on a standard sized Royal balcony & had sufficient room. We had a UBD on the Island's standard balcony (9'x5') & the missing foot of depth on the Royal's standard balcony (9'x4') wasn't an issue for us. Once due to inclement weather we had the UBD inside our standard balcony cabin which was more crowded however we still enjoyed the UBD.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast last month on the Ruby in an obstructed view cabin. You don't get a special table with the breakfast. But, on the other hand, everything comes all at once instead of being served in courses. We managed to make it work.

We enjoyed the UBD on a standard sized Royal balcony & had sufficient room. We had a UBD on the Island's standard balcony (9'x5') & the missing foot of depth on the Royal's standard balcony (9'x4') wasn't an issue for us. Once due to inclement weather we had the UBD inside our standard balcony cabin which was more crowded however we still enjoyed the UBD.

We have never done the UBD but will do so on our upcoming Sapphire cruise. Really looking forward to some Ono Grinds!

A Hui Hou,

Holomoku:p

We have never done the UBD but will do so on our upcoming Sapphire cruise. Really looking forward to some Ono Grinds!

A Hui Hou,

Holomoku:p

You won't find Da Kine Ono Grinds on the UBD! :p

We'll be doing another UBD next week on the Sapphire. :D

Malama Pono Sailor

We did it on our Sapphire aft balcony. It was great. No dress code. We were bundled up in sweaters because it was chilly out. Only thing we didn't like about the dinner is we had to hunt down our photo when the photographer said she would bring it to us the next day.

With each of our UBDs they told us to go to the photo gallery the next day to decide which photo we preferred. Once it was too windy & cold and we had it inside of our cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks everyone! We've been doing the UBD for years now, it let's my hubby off the hook for one formal night and we love it. This will be our first sailing on the Royal. We have had an occasion were we needed to do it inside due to weather, but we lucked out that time.....it was my birthday so we had booked a mini :) Still may do that on this one. We always do the breakfast at least once too. This cruise has many seas days, which we love, so we may do it twice.

Once again, my thanks to everyone, Anne

I am aware of the saying "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" however I am still interested in the cost of an Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Can anyone oblige?

$100 per couple and has nearly $100 in extras...photo, flowers, cocktails, champagne & specialty coffee drinks. :D

I am aware of the saying "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" however I am still interested in the cost of an Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Can anyone oblige?

$50 per person and we have had as many as 8 at one dinner.

$100 per couple and has nearly $100 in extras...photo, flowers, cocktails, champagne & specialty coffee drinks. :D

$50 per person and we have had as many as 8 at one dinner.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Obviously something to be done as a surprise on our upcoming Diamond Princess cruise to Singapore.

Ssssh dont tell her!

Exactly $100 in extras if you add it up. The food is complimentary.

Same as with the Ult. Ship's Tour.

Accounting. :D

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Exactly $100 in extras if you add it up. The food is complimentary.

Same as with the Ult. Ship's Tour.

Accounting. :D

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The balcony breakfast is also "free" costing only the $32 for the half bottle of champagne. :D

The balcony breakfast is also "free" costing only the $32 for the half bottle of champagne. :D

I may have to let my DW pay for the balcony breakfast since I don't drink and she will get the whole 1/2 bottle to herself.;)