Public Service Announcement-price drop

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

I'm sure it's probably old news since I haven't checked prices in weeks but I just noticed our April Reflection cruise (aqua class) had dropped 200 per person. I called and within about 5 minutes, Celebrity had adjusted our price and we are now saving 400 dollars! Drink package included too of course!

Very easy to do and though many of you may have known this was possible I didn't really. Just thought I'd try. We really really wanted the same cabin and husband was willing to pay the extra 400 dollars if we couldn't keep it. Luckily we could!

My March 22 Summit cruise has increased by $1200 for the two of us since we booked in 1/13. In 2012 our October Reflection cruise dropped $1200 from the time we booked. You never know what's going to happen!! You have to stay on top of it. I use that website that tracks the prices for you and then notifies you by email for a very tiny cost.

How does X determine when to drop prices? :confused:

We are on a March sailing of the Connie and the ship is only about 75% full (and we are past final payment). The prices have been the same since August!

It is all a supply and demand situation, more empty cabins than they want and the prices will fall. if all the cabins are booked prices will stay until cancellations allow higher prices.:D

You can take advantage of price drops and upgrades until you make your final payment. I check several times I week and always, always get a better deal

Not sure where you cruise to, but this is not always the case. Our cruise March has gone up hundreds of dollars since we booked. It still comes down to supply and demand

Good for you , what month is your cruise?

We are sailing the week of April 12. I had looked at prices repeatedly since we booked last April and had never seen them drop until this time! Granted it's probably been a month since I had looked. It is the week leading up to Easter so I was pretty surprised.

I'm sure it's probably old news since I haven't checked prices in weeks but I just noticed our April Reflection cruise (aqua class) had dropped 200 per person. I called and within about 5 minutes, Celebrity had adjusted our price and we are now saving 400 dollars! Drink package included too of course!

Very easy to do and though many of you may have known this was possible I didn't really. Just thought I'd try. We really really wanted the same cabin and husband was willing to pay the extra 400 dollars if we couldn't keep it. Luckily we could!

If you really want to be popular -- post this over on your roll-call thread, too. :cool:

My March 22 Summit cruise has increased by $1200 for the two of us since we booked in 1/13. In 2012 our October Reflection cruise dropped $1200 from the time we booked. You never know what's going to happen!! You have to stay on top of it. I use that website that tracks the prices for you and then notifies you by email for a very tiny cost.

Can you tell what that website is? I'd love to use it!

We are sailing the week of April 12. I had looked at prices repeatedly since we booked last April and had never seen them drop until this time! Granted it's probably been a month since I had looked. It is the week leading up to Easter so I was pretty surprised.

Come over and visit us on the roll call icantwaittocruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1884774

I posted this price drop on our roll call last week, unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of it as I booked through an Australian TA, however I was able to upgrade from a 2A to an A1 for no charge. However all the others on our roll call got the price drop, good to know you got it too:D

Come over and visit us on the roll call icantwaittocruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1884774

I posted this price drop on our roll call last week, unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of it as I booked through an Australian TA, however I was able to upgrade from a 2A to an A1 for no charge. However all the others on our roll call got the price drop, good to know you got it too:D

Is this a recent change. I have booked direct with Celebrity and also with an Aussie TA and had no problem getting price drops with either of them. The TA was about two years ago though.

Is this a recent change. I have booked direct with Celebrity and also with an Aussie TA and had no problem getting price drops with either of them. The TA was about two years ago though.

Yes I tink it was something that came in mid November, price drops only up to 150 days out:(

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads-up.

Your tip allowed us cut $180 off our cruise fare to Alaska on Solstice.

And none of our OBC promotions were forfeited.

FYI ...

I noticed another price drop on the Celebrity website today.

For our particular cruise, it saved us another $50 per person.

That site is a help, but I have noticed it doesn't always pick up all the changes. Take a look at the comments in their forums. You stil need to check periodically on your own.

Might be a silly question but I'm a newbie at cruising.

From reading this thread how I take it is I have a few options when booking a cruise.

1 - Book cruise and pay in full - Means no other discounts or upgrades?

2 - Pay a deposit - If price goes down they will adjust my price to the lower price as well???

3- Pay a deposit - If price goes up... My price stays the same or does it go up as well?

4 - If a deposit is paid... to get the free 123 promo do you have to pay in full before the 28th of Feb when promo expires or does the deposit keep it valid for you?

Thanks

Edited by jb456