would anyone miss the hairy chest contest?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I wouldnt go out of my way to see it, nor would I leave if I happened to be there when it was going on.

I will say though that most of the time, the guys are not so great to look at and only once have I ever seen an absolute handsome man in the contest.

Oh well, its not the primary focus of the cruise so I would not care if they got rid of it or not.

Awesome. I think a cruise is a perfect place to put yourself "out there" and not be uptight. Everyone is there to have a good time.

The reason I prefer Carnival and RCL over Princess is seeing people having fun and enjoying themselves. Princess is proper and sometimes its about being naughty.

The last 3 cruises I was on I ignore the hairy chest contest. In fact I hardly spend time on lido anymore. Everything is the same crap on all the cruises.

That's one of the reason why I chose cruises with very few sea days, because there is nothing on board to entertain me. Boring. Carnival definitely needs to come up with some new activities.

instead of doing away with tried and true favorites (like live steel drum music, nightly sushi tasting, fish and chips on some ships) why not do away with this cheesy tradition? I mean, carnival is all about change lately so why can't they figure out a new poolside contest already? I admit it can be kind of funny (especially when my mom was a judge) but my point is- i don't think this would bother anyone if they replaced it!

agreed!

I would not miss it.

But I have never really "seen" it first hand. I have always managed to be elsewhere on board ship when it occurs.:) I have seen it replayed over and over and over on the television though.:(

Those who partake or like to sit poolside and watch do however seem to enjoy themselves immensely.

Back in the day (late 80's through early 90's) Carnival had the fun: Beer chugging contests, pillow fights and my favorite Male Nightgown contest. Nothing funnier then wives & girlfriends talking their guys into dressing in woman's lingerie & parading around in a faux "beauty contest" in front of an audience! That's what I miss. granted if they eliminated the hairy chest contest not many people would notice . If there aren't enough activities people will complain there's nothing to do on the ship. That contest costs them nothing but a cheesy medallion or ship on a stick...but if they get rid of that, they would replace it with something else .....

:D

Last cruise out of San Juan one of those contests was replaced with a paper plane flying contest on ledo deck:eek: HMMMMMMMM I wonder why I'm done!!

We can hope that maybe Cahill will figure out he needs to cutback on plain paper....

Back in the day (late 80's through early 90's) Carnival had the fun: Beer chugging contests, pillow fights and my favorite Male Nightgown contest. Nothing funnier then wives & girlfriends talking their guys into dressing in woman's lingerie & parading around in a faux "beauty contest" in front of an audience! That's what I miss. granted if they eliminated the hairy chest contest not many people would notice . If there aren't enough activities people will complain there's nothing to do on the ship. That contest costs them nothing but a cheesy medallion or ship on a stick...but if they get rid of that, they would replace it with something else .....

Instead of doing away with tried and true favorites (like live steel drum music, nightly sushi tasting, fish and chips on some ships) why not do away with this cheesy tradition? I mean, Carnival is all about change lately so why can't they figure out a new poolside contest already? I admit it can be kind of funny (especially when my mom was a judge) but my point is- I don't think this would bother ANYONE if they replaced it!

They should replace it with a wet t shirt contest.