would anyone miss the hairy chest contest?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

:rolleyes: That's funny, I never hear this argument in the real world....only on these boards.

Thank you. I would not have friends or keep company with that type. We should be careful about the company we keep or the ones we discuss things with. Who is this everyone, kinda like they say :D

The Quest show on RCL makes the hairy chest contest mild. I can't imagine what the argument for that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

Thank you. I would not have friends or keep company with that type. We should be careful about the company we keep or the ones we discuss things with.

The Quest show on RCL makes the hairy chest contest mild. I can't imagine what the argument for that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

No kidding, especially when the man & woman have to switch clothes...and someone forgets to wear a bra. :eek:

We actually enjoy it, DH even participated once. It's all about having a good time and enjoying life. BTW, this is not a Carnival exclusive...other cruise lines do this as well :rolleyes:

NCL's version is the "hairy leg" contest. Very similar, so this appears to be a cruise staple.

I don't mind them. Kinda fun and silly :) Good for a giggle or two :p

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon

:rolleyes: That's funny, I never hear this argument in the real world....only on these boards.

Two weeks ago, I mention that I am counting the days until my cruise. One of my friends says a cruise sounds fun as long as you are not cruising Carnival. I say, Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. She replies, really, I heard that was like the worst cruise line in the world and full of nothing but drunk rednecks. I told her it may be since it is all I have tried, but that I have enjoyed my cruises and love the price.

No kidding, especially when the man & woman have to switch clothes...and someone forgets to wear a bra. :eek:

That show is wrong on so many different levels:D My team needed a bra and my DH, one of the most reserve guy on earth said, hon give the guy your bra. Before I know it this 200+ pounds guy was wearing my favorite gel bra. Things haven't hung right since. One point they asked people to demonstrate their favorite 'postion'. It made me blush and that's no easy task!

I like when people take their nose from up in the air and have fun, not take things too seriously. My friends know until they have been there and done that, keep it to themself. I don't knock anything until I tried it once, twice if I really like it, then it becomes a habit:D

Edited by Blk_Amish

That show is wrong on so many different levels:D My team needed a bra and my DH, one of the most reserve guy on earth said, hon give the guy your bra. Before I know it this 200+ pounds guy was wearing my favorite gel bra. Things haven't hung right since. One point they asked people to demonstrate their favorite 'postion'. It made me blush and that's no easy task!

LMAO. Well, did he have a hairy chest at least? :eek:

I like when people take their nose from up in the air and have fun, not take things too seriously. My friends know until they have been there and done that, keep it to themself.

see this I would love!

I think the hairy chest contest is pretty funny for the most part. we usually go to see it just for some laughs. would we be upset if they got rid of it. eh.

what would they replace it with? suggestions?

Nothing. Get rid of the TV too. Have it be a pool deck. Add a steel drum band for sailaways and maybe a few hours a day.

this is getting into topless deck territory! I'm a fun person but no need for x rated on a PUBLIC cruise. :)

But wearing a t-shirt is not like being topless, and if it's wet, it wouldn't be x-rated. By today's standards, probably PG-13, or at most, R-rated. If women had hairy chests like men, would they be allowed to participate in the hairy chest contest?

It's better than trivia and bingo. Not much else to do anymore on Carnival ships during the day.... Unless you like laying by the pool all day.
Very true!! We like laying out at the pool all day....but we want live music while laying there.

Instead of doing away with tried and true favorites (like live steel drum music, nightly sushi tasting, fish and chips on some ships) why not do away with this cheesy tradition? I mean, Carnival is all about change lately so why can't they figure out a new poolside contest already? I admit it can be kind of funny (especially when my mom was a judge) but my point is- I don't think this would bother ANYONE if they replaced it!

My wife would be bothered, she usually WINS! :eek:

But wearing a t-shirt is not like being topless, and if it's wet, it wouldn't be x-rated. By today's standards, probably PG-13, or at most, R-rated. If women had hairy chests like men, would they be allowed to participate in the hairy chest contest?

Woman want to be equal to men so if you find a bunch with hairy chests some would probably would want to enter.

Not sure why they would but what do i know?

I think the hairy chest contest is pretty funny for the most part. we usually go to see it just for some laughs. would we be upset if they got rid of it. eh.

what would they replace it with? suggestions?

If all the entertainment staffs on Carnival ships cannot come up with replacements feel sorry for them.

Once upon a time Carnival was a leader in the industry.