New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

I really appreciate this site and will send in my pics after the cruise. But I think it would be much more useful if the cabin category were included. I went on the site to try to find a picture of a standard inside Vista cabin and found it difficult to look at the deck plans and the lists simultaneously to find one. Maybe there is an easier way, but including the category with the room number would be very helpful

Categories are changing very soon, it would be a ton of work to label then relabel them.

Categories are changing very soon, it would be a ton of work to label then relabel them.

If you ever decide to go back and label the cabin numbers for type, I suggest something very simple:

I - inside

OV - ocean view (window)

Lanai

B - balcony

S - suite

PS - penthouse

Add HC to any of the above as appropriate.

The actual cabin won't change, but the various categories within each type may change.

Thank you!

Marie

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just Inside, OV, and Balcony designations would be great.

We will see what we can do that :D I have stuck HC on those cabins.

In retrospect we should have thought of this before we uploaded the pics:p

Seriously if the title for each cabins was (for example) 1111 - Noordam (I), 11132 - Noordam - OV or 111133 - Balcony - would that due to the trick?

If you ever decide to go back and label the cabin numbers for type, I suggest something very simple:

I - inside

OV - ocean view (window)

Lanai

B - balcony

S - suite

PS - penthouse

Add HC to any of the above as appropriate.

The actual cabin won't change, but the various categories within each type may change.

Thank you!

Marie

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just Inside, OV, and Balcony designations would be great.

ok - I have a request. I just printed a list of the cabins we have in each class, and referenced Prinsendam, R, & S classes to what type of cabin they are (I inside, OV, PV Partial View, V Verandah, S Suite) and those 9 ships seemed pretty straightforward.

However, when I get to Vista Class there seem to be some cabin number problems. One (5090) we already had a note on as aft-wrap seems to be in the middle of the ship where 5190 looks to be the aft-wrap. 7132 also has an aft-wrap note, but seems to be an inside.

Could those that sent in Vista pictures confirm, either here or by email, what type of cabin they are.

In addition, all new submissions should contain a reference to the type of cabin.

Thanks

ok - I have a request. I just printed a list of the cabins we have in each class, and referenced Prinsendam, R, & S classes to what type of cabin they are (I inside, OV, PV Partial View, V Verandah, S Suite) and those 9 ships seemed pretty straightforward.

However, when I get to Vista Class there seem to be some cabin number problems. One (5090) we already had a note on as aft-wrap seems to be in the middle of the ship where 5190 looks to be the aft-wrap. 7132 also has an aft-wrap note, but seems to be an inside.

Could those that sent in Vista pictures confirm, either here or by email, what type of cabin they are.

In addition, all new submissions should contain a reference to the type of cabin.

Thanks

Looks like we have some work to do:p;) I will drop you a line and we can divvy it up:D

As per the great suggestion here, we have amended the listing of all of the cabins to show if they are inside, ocean view, verandah or Suite.

Hope this makes things easier for everyone :D

"As per the great suggestion here, we have amended the listing of all of the cabins to show if they are inside, ocean view, verandah or Suite."

Could you also list the Lanai cabins on the R Class ships?

Thanks,

Traveling Dot

Edited by Traveling Dot

"As per the great suggestion here, we have amended the listing of all of the cabins to show if they are inside, ocean view, verandah or Suite."

Thanks,

Traveling Dot

I can add to the Lanai cabins to the Legend, but we really need our contributors to tell us if it is a Lanai cabin. that would be a big help.

Thanks,

Traveling Dot

I can add to the Lanai cabins to the Legend, but we really need our contributors to tell us if it is a Lanai cabin. that would be a big help.

I believe the Lanai's are on the S class ships?

I have taken a quick look at our cabin listings so far and the deck plans and do not see any Lanai's in our listing at this stage of the game.

If someone sees one, please post or email us at pictures@halfacts.com and we will amend the listing.

If anyone does submit Lanai pics, please advise that is the category. I have added Lanai to our legend.

I believe the Lanai's are on the S class ships?

We are booked on the Rotterdam in a Lanai cabin. I believe the Rotterdam is listed under the "R" class ships on your web page. I guess they have Lanai cabins on both the "R" and "S" class ships now.

Traveling Dot is correct, kazu. There are lanai cabins on three ships now.

They were introduced on the Veendam (S-class), then some outsides on the Rotterdam (R-class) were changed to lanai. The last ship to have them added (although fewer than the Veendam) is the Maasdam (another S-class).

We are booked on the Rotterdam in a Lanai cabin. I believe the Rotterdam is listed under the "R" class ships on your web page. I guess they have Lanai cabins on both the "R" and "S" class ships now.

Thanks for putting the Lanai cabins in your legend.

Traveling Dot is correct, kazu. There are lanai cabins on three ships now.

They were introduced on the Veendam (S-class), then some outsides on the Rotterdam (R-class) were changed to lanai. The last ship to have them added (although fewer than the Veendam) is the Maasdam (another S-class).

thanks you two. I will try to take a look at the Rotterdam and the Maasdam as well to see if we currently have any lanais. mea culpa, mea culpa. mea maxima culpa :o;)

Just got a couple more cabins done - menus coming :) and other great info already on the site :D take a look and join us in the excitement. The site is not even one month old and we are just under 150 cabin pics.

I am sure we can count on our supporters to take us there and above :D

Your project is coming together quite nicely!

I appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks for including my photos. ;)

I will take more on my next cruise ... While the cabin is still pristine!

we need all the info and cabin pics we can get:D thank you for thinking of us on the your next cruise.:D and for the kind words.

Just wondering, someone recently posted the detailed conditions for luggage direct. Is this something that would fit into the framework of the site. If so, and you posted on that thread, the OP there would probably email you the files.

Roy

Just wondering, someone recently posted the detailed conditions for luggage direct. Is this something that would fit into the framework of the site. If so, and you posted on that thread, the OP there would probably email you the files.

Roy

I don't see why not Roy - the site is geared to have info on HAL that the members could find beneficial:D

I can certainly look for the thread and ask. If someone sees info on a thread that they think would be beneficial, they are more than welcome to suggest that the poster send in the info into our email.

Edited by kazu