New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

I have just added a few more cabins. Hope y'all enjoy.

There are a couple of cabins that do not yet include provider and / or date as they were not supplied. If you did not supply your screen name, please let me know and I will add it.

thanks

Rich

Love the ease of navigation. I can go straight to the cabin number I am interested in looking at, without scrolling for what seems like forever.

Thanks for that! :)

Plus by not putting images on the main pages the page load time is drastically reduced. It's a win-win-win. Tonight I'll be cleaning up some areas and probably adding some type of banner.

Pictures / comments to be included on the new cabin site can be sent to

pictures@halfacts.com

this address has been set up for this purpose only. Please forward any

comments to one of us working on the site.

Would you be so kind as to put your contact information on the website (along with your picture and comment submission requirements and/or suggestions)? It will make it easier to submit pictures from my next trip!

OK, I revamped the navigation a bit. Now the submenus list the ships that fall under the categories (listed by order of introduction). If you click on a ship, it takes you to the main ship class page (since we aren't using individual ship pages for ease in posting/navigation). This should suit everyone's needs - you can view the ship quickly if you don't know the class (like most won't) but saves us a ton of time on the backend.

I have also posted a header image to give the site a little color. I took the photo on our September/October Canada/NE cruise on the Eurodam. Picture is taken from atop Cadillac Mountain outside Bar Harbor, Maine.

Let me know any feedback. The home page will be tweaked still, and adding contact info is definitely going on it WayneFougere.

OK, I revamped the navigation a bit. Now the submenus list the ships that fall under the categories (listed by order of introduction). If you click on a ship, it takes you to the main ship class page (since we aren't using individual ship pages for ease in posting/navigation). This should suit everyone's needs - you can view the ship quickly if you don't know the class (like most won't) but saves us a ton of time on the backend.

I have also posted a header image to give the site a little color. I took the photo on our September/October Canada/NE cruise on the Eurodam. Picture is taken from atop Cadillac Mountain outside Bar Harbor, Maine.

Let me know any feedback. The home page will be tweaked still, and adding contact info is definitely going on it WayneFougere.

you two are just plain AWESOME :)

I am sorry but new to HAL. Considering a future cruise on either the Nieuw Amsterdam or the Eurodam and would like to see you current list of balcony cabin reviews- ie. largest balconies, choice locations, etc. I can't seem to find the list that currently exists. Appreciate your help!

I am sorry but new to HAL. Considering a future cruise on either the Nieuw Amsterdam or the Eurodam and would like to see you current list of balcony cabin reviews- ie. largest balconies, choice locations, etc. I can't seem to find the list that currently exists. Appreciate your help!

I'm not sure such a list exists and the previous website which was a labor of love with info & pix supplied by CC'rs has been taken down. This new site is being put together by a group of volunteers rchwmn, Sspunk & Kazu (forgive me if I misspelled names).

You might want to start a new thread with more specific questions as to what you are wanting in a cabin. It is likely you will get specific help.

And welcome to the HAL board.

I don't think there was ever such a list so to speak. There are certainly threads where the pros and cons of different balconies are discussed. If you are looking at N.A. or Eurodam - the largest balconies will be the aft suites.

For regular balcony rooms - there are two which have double wide balconies. They are 4164 and 4166 on some ships - not sure if that is the case here - but you can tell by the deck plans and hopefully someone who is certain will confirm.

Cruise critic also has a section on reviews as well as cabin reviews. You can pick your ship and the cabin category and read. Care must be taken though as some of the categories change in May, 2014 so it depends upon when you are sailing.

hope this helps :D

For regular balcony rooms - there are two which have double wide balconies. They are 4164 and 4166 on some ships - not sure if that is the case here - but you can tell by the deck plans and hopefully someone who is certain will confirm.
On the NA and E'dam they are 4166 and 4168. Those are 7.5 ft by 18 ft, for a total of 135 sq ft, and there are four others on these two ships that are also 135 sq ft, but oriented the other way: 4053, 4054, 4129, and 4132 are 9 ft wide by about 15 ft deep.

There is a sticky at the very top of the HAL board with tons of pictures of the 2 ships. Not sure if there are pictures of specific cabins. It's worth a look for all the information.

Bug report: The link for the Eurodam menu item goes to /vista-class/ :)

None of the pictures from the old site can be used?

Also: Yes, I wonder if cruisetrail will grant permission to use some of his photos from the "Grand Tour" thread.

Thanks to all who replied. With time I will have a look at the cabin diagrams in greater detail. While the balconies for the cabins noted are very large, I am not sure I want to be aft on deck 4 above the dining room & kitchen area - perhaps not a problem on this ship - sounds like they are quite popular. With X and RCCL ,the lines I am familiar with, the higher decks mid ship have the higher price- in most cases. Here it seems that deck 5 ( V) is higher priced than deck 8 (VA). Perhaps on these ships they are the preferred location. We are not going for a suite or an aft cabin, so that takes care of that. Will continue to investigate. Thanks again!

Thanks for the report - we will get it fixed

In the thread in which we discussed this the general consensus was that it would be better to have the pictures submitted to us.

Also: Yes, I wonder if cruisetrail will grant permission to use some of his photos from the "Grand Tour" thread.

We would be happy to include them if given permission

Rich

Thanks for catching my mistake on the Eurodam link, it now properly links to the Signature Class page. My apologies!

I am soon to place every ship's dining room layout. We will put these on the class pages alongside the name of each ship. It'll make it easy to find ship info on each page and then below the ships will be the, as it is now, links to the cabin photo pages.

We would love to have as many images as possible, so would most welcome cruise trail's permission to use his if he has no objections. We are not using any information from the previous site as we are building this from scratch in a completely different manner. It'll take time to rebuild the picture library but IMO the site will be better for it. :) (Granted I'm partial as I'm building it hahaha)

Thanks for catching my mistake on the Eurodam link, it now properly links to the Signature Class page. My apologies!

I am soon to place every ship's dining room layout. We will put these on the class pages alongside the name of each ship. It'll make it easy to find ship info on each page and then below the ships will be the, as it is now, links to the cabin photo pages.

We would love to have as many images as possible, so would most welcome cruise trail's permission to use his if he has no objections. We are not using any information from the previous site as we are building this from scratch in a completely different manner. It'll take time to rebuild the picture library but IMO the site will be better for it. :) (Granted I'm partial as I'm building it hahaha)[/QUOTE]

and doing a dam fine job of it too :D:D

these are UPDATED dining room layouts just received, too - so they should be accurate :) thanks richwmn :)

Edited by kazu

OK, all dining room layouts are uploaded. You'll find them by each when you go to the respective class page. Ship info is at the top, cabin photos follow below. Easy-to-read IMO. If you notice any broken links or links that take you somewhere else, let me know please.

I was editing this at the same time I was working on a (paying hahaha) client's site so I might've sent a link to them on accident.