New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

Good evening all!

We had a good discussion earlier and now have the site organized. I have started to enter the pictures sent so far. This process will take a little time.

Please include you CC handle (user name) with the pictures.

Please let us know what you think.

Rich

Looking good Rich

Perhaps consider putting S class behind PRDM and in front of R class if you're going by age - Same with reversing Vista and Signature - or I could be super anal ;)

Edited by Copper10-8

Looking good Rich

Perhaps consider putting S class behind PRDM and in front of R class if you're going by age - Same with reversing Vista and Signature - or I could be super anal ;)

Will check on it. Classes are currently in Alpha order. Chris will be the one to change that.

Rich

Do you have any preference in how we email pix? ( to make organization faster)

IE: ship name, cabin# in subject? )

I'll be sending some by next weekend but I don't have many. Due to the request by several will include pix out the semi obstructed windows.

Having the ship name / cabin / date in subject line would help, but as long as the information is in the body I can handle it.

Also, for ease in understanding, please use month name or abbr, vice number.

Rich

Looking good Rich

That's how I entered it but didn't set the ordering preferences so it defaulted to alphabetical. I'll get that rearranged, no worries.

I like the ease of navigation a lot! But I'd like it more if you could include a modicum of text. :)

I take it you've settled on 300x300 as the max size?

The date for the 418 Veendam I sent is Oct '11

click on the picture for a larger view.

Rich

The cabin photos currently there (Prinsendam 303) has a heading

"Provided by jtl513 taken 5-13".

Would it be possible to put all dates as month name and year to save any confusion. eg May 2013

Could you also put a note to say which category the cabin is

Thank you

Otherwise it looks like the new layout will be very good

Edited by RollieUK

click on the picture for a larger view.

Rich

Thanks - I never thought to try that! :o

Would it be possible to put all dates as month name and year to save any confusion. eg May 2013
I sent a bunch of pix to Rich before he asked for the month as alpha - but it's fine by me if he changes it.

I don't think that's a good idea. In Apr/May HAL will do a massive re-categorization, and even if just a general class were used HAL does sometimes change the names: DeLuxe Suite became Neptune Suite, Superior became Signature, etc Edited by jtl513

The cabin photos currently there (Prinsendam 303) has a heading

"Provided by jtl513 taken 5-13".

Thank you

Otherwise it looks like the new layout will be very good

I published what I received. In an earlier post (#78) I requested that the date be provided with the month spelled out.

Rich

I realize that I'm straying from topic here, however, I'm guessing that there are many folks in this thread who would be able (and willing!) to help.

Does anyone have pics of the following?

1. Room 6166; 6177; 7142; 7151; 8140; 8147 (Neptune Suite on Zuiderdam)

2. Room 7002; 7004; 7006; 7036 (Neptune & Vista Suites on Volendam)?

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you for taking on the task to provide this valuable resource.

I would like to see the site with fairly short pages, so that I could jump quickly to what I am looking for. For example, each ship, then perhaps each cabin category, then even perhaps by deck.

A simple organization to get to what I am looking for, without scrolling past a lot of what I am not looking for, would be helpful.

Best of luck getting this project off the ground.

I agree with these suggestions; especially photos identifying the specific cabin category.

As already stated by other posters, thank you for taking the time to do this.

I realize that I'm straying from topic here, however, I'm guessing that there are many folks in this thread who would be able (and willing!) to help.

Thanks so much!!!

7002 on the Amsterdam has been posted and should be very similar to the same cabin on the Volendam. Just go to http://www.halfacts.com/r-class.

Edited by richwmn

7002 on the Amsterdam has been posted and should be very similar to the same cabin on the Volendam. Just go to www.halfacts.com/r-class.

I have a headache just thinking about what an enormous undertaking this is for you, and having to start from scratch. Even more onerous given the upcoming changes. So you have my utmost admiration.

I am not techie-minded, so do I just send my photos in one email, per ship, as attachments, and put the date in the body of the email? (And I will put month and day as in May/13!)

I have a headache just thinking about what an enormous undertaking this is for you, and having to start from scratch. Even more onerous given the upcoming changes. So you have my utmost admiration.

I am not techie-minded, so do I just send my photos in one email, per ship, as attachments, and put the date in the body of the email? (And I will put month and day as in May/13!)

That would work very well, thanks.

Rich

Thanks so much!!!

http://trudyginsburg.com/zu.html

Please see this link for 8147. 8140 is the mirror image on the port side.

7002 on the Amsterdam has been posted and should be very similar to the same cabin on the Volendam. Just go to http://www.halfacts.com/r-class.

You may already know this. There is a small navigation problem on your site. If you hover over R Class and then click on Amsterdam, you do not see the 7002 cabin pictures. If you click on the link you gave or click on R Class, it works.

You may already know this. There is a small navigation problem on your site. If you hover over R Class and then click on Amsterdam, you do not see the 7002 cabin pictures. If you click on the link you gave or click on R Class, it works.

Chris is supposed to fix that this evening. Thanks

Rich

I am always impressed with people who volunteer to spend untold hours to provide a service to others for no personal gain, other than the satisfaction of knowing that their efforts will benefit many.

I have built a website for a volunteer society before, so I know this is a large task with a major time commitment. Your efforts will be much appreciated by many.

I know many HAL cruisers like the format of ship class being the headings, but I find they defeat the "quick and easy" format requested by most posters.

Although we have sailed many HAL ships, and they are our line of preference, I do not know which class each ship is in. It really is not of interest to me, so I have not made an effort to remember them. Also, new cruisers will certainly not identify their ship by it's class.

For me, I checked the new site looking for information on the Noordam. I knew it wasn't the Prinsendam, so was able to save myself one click. But it took me 4 clicks before I was able to find it. This is a definite frustration which would detract from my enjoyment of using the site. If you don't know which class your ship is in, it can easily be more than "just one extra click".

I would like to suggest that the headings show the names of the ships without having to click on a tab to find them. If ship class is considered important to show, could you list them with the ship names showing as sub headings on the homepage? I feel this would be a big positive for many users.

I will forward some pictures I have from a couple of cruises we have taken as soon as I can. I do like the suggestion of posting a list of what pictures to take for a "cabin standard". It would make it easy to compare if we all took a basic set of each cabin. Extra pictures to add to the basic standard would then be bonus.

Thank you for your efforts to provide a much appreciated source of valued information for HAL cruisers. I know I, for one, am looking forward to being able to refer to it for preparing for our next cruise on our DAM ships!

Edited by Davidson Duo

I am always impressed with people who volunteer to spend untold hours to provide a service to others for no personal gain, other than the satisfaction of knowing that their efforts will benefit many.

I have built a website for a volunteer society before, so I know this is a large task with a major time commitment. Your efforts will be much appreciated by many.

I know many HAL cruisers like the format of ship class being the headings, but I find they defeat the "quick and easy" format requested by most posters.

Although we have sailed many HAL ships, and they are our line of preference, I do not know which class each ship is in. It really is not of interest to me, so I have not made an effort to remember them. Also, new cruisers will certainly not identify their ship by it's class.

For me, I checked the new site looking for information on the Noordam. I knew it wasn't the Prinsendam, so was able to save myself one click. But it took me 4 clicks before I was able to find it. This is a definite frustration which would detract from my enjoyment of using the site. If you don't know which class your ship is in, it can easily be more than "just one extra click".

I would like to suggest that the headings show the names of the ships without having to click on a tab to find them. If ship class is considered important to show, could you list them with the ship names showing as sub headings on the homepage? I feel this would be a big positive for many users.

I will forward some pictures I have from a couple of cruises we have taken as soon as I can. I do like the suggestion of posting a list of what pictures to take for a "cabin standard". It would make it easy to compare if we all took a basic set of each cabin. Extra pictures to add to the basic standard would then be bonus.

Thank you for your efforts to provide a much appreciated source of valued information for HAL cruisers. I know I, for one, am looking forward to being able to refer to it for preparing for our next cruise on our DAM ships!

When you "hover" your mouse over the heading, ie Vista, the names of the ships in the class should appear below the class name. I hope that is satisfactory for most people.

Rich

There are too many ships to have as individual menu items and since cabins by category are nearly identical it saves a ton of sorting time to go with the current approach to generalize by class.

We could on the homepage list the classes and respective ships, as a solution for those on mobile devices. This evening I'll be making the drop downs non-clickable so they are only informative.

Unfortunately there can't be a perfect nab solution with a fleet as large and varied as HAL.

I'm thankful I'm not doing construction on a Carnival cabin picture site. I'd explode!

There are too many ships to have as individual menu items and since cabins by category are nearly identical it saves a ton of sorting time to go with the current approach to generalize by class.

We could on the homepage list the classes and respective ships, as a solution for those on mobile devices. This evening I'll be making the drop downs non-clickable so they are only informative.

Unfortunately there can't be a perfect nab solution with a fleet as large and varied as HAL.

I'm thankful I'm not doing construction on a Carnival cabin picture site. I'd explode!

I am just thankful that we have the two of you with the skills that you do :)

We are all blessed :D

When you "hover" your mouse over the heading, ie Vista, the names of the ships in the class should appear below the class name. I hope that is satisfactory for most people.

Rich

LOVE LOVE LOVE the format!! Thank you!! Great job! I'll be emailing pictures from a few years ago soon.

Again, thank you!