New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

Bumping this back up to the first page. I'm sure Walt would make this a sticky if you ask him.:)

Is that a hint? :p Probably once we have everything down pat, we will start a new thread asking for the cabin info and letting people know where to go. Then if people want we will ask Host Walt to make it a sticky ;)

Is that a hint? :p Probably once we have everything down pat, we will start a new thread asking for the cabin info and letting people know where to go. Then if people want we will ask Host Walt to make it a sticky ;)

Okeydokey, I'm sure it won't take long as this one is becoming a very professional and well constructed site.

Okeydokey, I'm sure it won't take long as this one is becoming a very professional and well constructed site.

The two gentlemen (sspun & richwmn) know what they are doing. They are very knowledgeable and professional & patient with me - LOL :)

All I'm gonna say i someone owes me a few Wang Wangs for this site. :) We'll be on Rotterdam Sept 6 ... just sayin'.

Thanks for letting us know - I won't be on board - but I know how to find you - there might be a little something in your cabin ;) You deserve more - but I'm not rich :eek:

Too bad. I sent Joanie some great pictures of a couple of cabins and then deleted them from my computer to make more room on my hard drive. I tried yesterday to get Joanie to send them back to me and she advised she has deleted the complete website. What a shame. So many people sent her pictures to be enjoyed by everyone on CC and now she has deleted them rather than share them with your new site. I'm very disappointed as I'm sure a lot of you are who provided pictures in the past. Let's hope many of you see this and will send your old pictures to this site if you still have them.

Too bad. I sent Joanie some great pictures of a couple of cabins and then deleted them from my computer to make more room on my hard drive. I tried yesterday to get Joanie to send them back to me and she advised she has deleted the complete website. What a shame. So many people sent her pictures to be enjoyed by everyone on CC and now she has deleted them rather than share them with your new site. I'm very disappointed as I'm sure a lot of you are who provided pictures in the past. Let's hope many of you see this and will send your old pictures to this site if you still have them.

That's a very good idea. I know mine are somewhere and if I copied my pictures for IRL_Joanie I can just as easily copy my pictures for someone else to provide for the benefit of all.

ARe U sure the pictures are gone? they are usually on a hard drive or something? I can't believe that the pics were destroyed without anyone being told or offered them back. That would be awful A shame if everyone's contributions are gone. This new site is very easy to follow - thank you.

Edited by Mr. Dog

Mr.Dog, I'm only going by what Joanie told me in a private email. She said she deleted the whole site. Once again, too bad she didn't share them with the new site, halfacts.com. I' not smart enough on the computer to know whether they could be retrieved or not. Come to think of it, I don't even think my pictures made it into my computer. I do know I deleted them from my camera after I sent them to Joanie's site.

ARe U sure the pictures are gone? they are usually on a hard drive or something? I can't believe that the pics were destroyed without anyone being told or offered them back. That would be awful A shame if everyone's contributions are gone. This new site is very easy to follow - thank you.

I totally understand where you are coming from and your concerns, however, the OP asked that Joanie and her site not be discussed on this thread. This thread is about the new site, what people want and their cabins. This topic would probably be better on a new thread.

After some MAJOR searching I have been able to find some pics of cabins that I can remember # and ship for :) Will send them along -- happy to contribute to this!

Thank you. :)

I'll make a new thread soon announcing the site is live and ask for submissions. :) Amd yes if we can keep this thread about this site, it will help keep it from being delete. :)

Thanks for letting us know - I won't be on board - but I know how to find you - there might be a little something in your cabin ;) You deserve more - but I'm not rich :eek:

I'm a bit scared how you know where to find our cabin LOL! To be fair, it's one of the four corner aft ones that sorta wraps around. :)

I'm a bit scared how you know where to find our cabin LOL! To be fair, it's one of the four corner aft ones that sorta wraps around. :)

I don't know how to find your cabin - but I do know how to call shipboard services - they will find you :D

As I said before, on the page that lists the cabin numbers, could you say what category the cabin is.

That would be extremely helpful to give an idea what different categories look like on different classes of ship.

For example, I have no idea which cabin numbers are PS or Neptune Suites or balcony etc. It would help us when a particular cabin is not there but a nearby cabin in a particular category is there.

Edited by RollieUK

Great site and very helpful. I like the information on the Celebrity spreadsheet but wish it had the pictures also. I see that you are including comments on the cabins so appreciate all of the good input.

I do have to add to the requests for cabin class - even if they are going to be updated soon. When I book, I know what classes I will consider and some of them have lots of cabins to consider.

Thanks for doing this.

For example, I have no idea which cabin numbers are PS or Neptune Suites or balcony etc. It would help us when a particular cabin is not there but a nearby cabin in a particular category is there.

A quick glance at the deck plan will tell you that.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=rt&deck=n&deep=0

When looking at an itinerary there's a tab (button) to click to bring up the deck plan. Or you can print a few pages for each class of ship that you're considering.

Edited by jtl513

I second the suggestion of looking at the deck plans to learn the category. With the planned roll out of the new categories in the spring it would be a massive undertaking to re list all the categories in addition to the work involved in setting up this new site.

Plus, any future re categorization would necessitate even more work. It takes a few mouse clicks to find a deck plan. If you can find the cabin site you can find a deck plan.