Another Sojourn Video

Able Seaman H

Hi there again.

Some stuff left over from the last Sojourn video, a few pictures, a tiny flavour of the places we visited and a bit of footage from the galley lunch.

I have a suspicion that it might not be viewable from mobile devices such as the iPad. Possibly also in some countries due to the copyright on the music track. If there is a problem I will ditch it and re-post a revised version.

Henry :)

It doesn't work on my iPad, even if I switch to desktop version which usually circumnavigates the 'not available on mobile devices' issue.

It works fine on pc and of course no issue with the music because I'm in the UK.

Where was the place at 1.28 ? It reminded me of somewhere in Greece that I visited years ago. I know it's not actually Greece :D - assume it's one of the Mexican ports?

8 weeks before we leave for our Sojourn cruise. Can't wait.

It doesn't work on my iPad, even if I switch to desktop version which usually circumnavigates the 'not available on mobile devices' issue.

It works fine on pc and of course no issue with the music because I'm in the UK.

Where was the place at 1.28 ? It reminded me of somewhere in Greece that I visited years ago. I know it's not actually Greece :D - assume it's one of the Mexican ports?

8 weeks before we leave for our Sojourn cruise. Can't wait.

That was Bahía Santa Cruz, Huatulco Mexico.

I'm just loading up another version of the video to see if I can find something mobile friendly. I've put a bit of footage from Cartagena in there as well because the music track is longer.

Thanks Henry for another wonderful reminder of a magical trip. Very well done!! I miss trivia and the cloob!!

We went to a restaurant with friends on Saturday. It was something of a shock not to have people running up with wine and at the end of the night they presented me with a bill !!!

Next time I'll be booking Segways for 5.

Look after yourselves :)

Henry

We went to a restaurant with friends on Saturday. It was something of a shock not to have people running up with wine and at the end of the night they presented me with a bill !!!

Next time I'll be booking Segways for 5.

Look after yourselves :)

Henry

Everytime leaving Seabourn, it's a rude awakening coming home - we were spoiled rotten.

They have Segways in Africa?

It's too good for the Germans Henry.;)

Well I have to be a little bit careful on this one. If it wasn't for Ze Germans our yard would be rather bare. You can't deny they do make a very good set of wheels. Rolls Royce of course being owned by BMW.......

H :)

Everytime leaving Seabourn, it's a rude awakening coming home - we were spoiled rotten.

They have Segways in Africa?

They do indeed.

Very close to the port in Durban and elsewhere a little further from where the ship docks.

Hmm..... ;)

Henry

Another nice video. How do you find good music that doesn't run afoul of Googles copyright tech?

It's a little bit hit or miss. There are sites which offer copyright free music which you can use. These will play anywhere. The problem is the music isn't always the best. You end up having to trawl through lots of stuff with little or no idea of what different tracks are from their title or creator. To be fair when you've spent a bit of time on the sites you do end up getting a bit of a feel for what's around but there is much more bad than good.

So what people have traditionally done is just use their favourite music and blag it in the hope they won't get caught. Youtube kept getting asked to take down videos from the music companies who even suggested Youtube themselves should pony up squillions of dollars to the struggling megastars.

The solution is that you can use whatever music you like. Upon loading it Youtube automatically detect copyright music and ask you to acknowledge the third party content. Depending on who owns the track they will either do nothing, insert pop up adverts and benefit form any click through revenue or limit / refuse broadcast. Sometimes as with the Heather Small "Proud" track this limitation can be geographically based.

This equilibrium is not set in stone and there are legal battles going on all the time. A recent court ruling in Germany means Youtube limits broadcast there.

It is possible that your video gets pulled totally so there is a bit of a rolling of the dice but you get a feel for which tracks are more likely to get through. Youtube search the track and see if any videos exist.

Henry,

I was about to be sniffy and then I remembered that Bentley is also German owned....(now).

No argument about Mrs T&C Fulham's Audi though.....

Tony

The whole Rolls Royce, Bentley, Volkswagen, BMW relationship is an interesting one.

It's a little bit hit or miss. There are sites which offer copyright free music which you can use. These will play anywhere. The problem is the music isn't always the best. You end up having to trawl through lots of stuff with little or no idea of what different tracks are from their title or creator. To be fair when you've spent a bit of time on the sites you do end up getting a bit of a feel for what's around but there is much more bad than good.

So what people have traditionally done is just use their favourite music and blag it in the hope they won't get caught. Youtube kept getting asked to take down videos from the music companies who even suggested Youtube themselves should pony up squillions of dollars to the struggling megastars.

The solution is that you can use whatever music you like. Upon loading it Youtube automatically detect copyright music and ask you to acknowledge the third party content. Depending on who owns the track they will either do nothing, insert pop up adverts and benefit form any click through revenue or limit / refuse broadcast. Sometimes as with the Heather Small "Proud" track this limitation can be geographically based.

This equilibrium is not set in stone and there are legal battles going on all the time. A recent court ruling in Germany means Youtube limits broadcast there.

It is possible that your video gets pulled totally so there is a bit of a rolling of the dice but you get a feel for which tracks are more likely to get through. Youtube search the track and see if any videos exist.

Thanks! :cool: