Latitudes Gold to Platinum

UpTheBanner

Hi, we are booked on the 16 night Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl. We will disembark in Los Angeles and embark on the 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise the same day on the same ship. Two separate reservations. After the Panama Canal cruise we will have enough points to be platinum. Will we have platinum perks for the 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise if we are disembarking and embarking again on the same day?

You definitely should. :eek: If your cruise card for the second segment does not show platinum, I would get to guest services and they can reprint your card to show Platinum and get you the other perks for that cruise.

You can call NCL now to make sure this is noted in their system, but I'm not confident that means anything.

The only issue I can see is they may not update your status until you are physically checked in for the first segment to get the remaining points to reach platinum status. So maybe go to Guest Services during this cruise to make sure too.

(does this make sense? in my brain it does. . .:))

Edited by mizlorinj

Yes.. But make sure you bring it up with onboard Latitudes person before the end of your first leg .. ;)

: Edit: All other benefits are available on sailing 5 days or longer.

Latitudes Rewards Benefits Bronze Silver Gold Platinum

Monthly Latitudes Insider Offers on Select Sailings

(varies for international guests)

Complimentary Latitudes Rewards Online Magazine

Priority Check-in

Onboard Latitudes Rewards Representative

Onboard Discounts:

10% discount at Duty-Free Shop on all Norwegian Logo merchandise, good for one purchase only. On Pride of America only, 10% discount on any item excluding sale items, alcohol, tobacco and onboard entertainer products (including their CDs and DVDs).

Free work of art for attending art auction; 30 free minutes with 250-minute internet package purchase; 15 free minutes with 100-minute internet package purchase.

Members Only Cocktail Party

(Not available on Norwegian Sky or Norwegian Epic)

Ship Pin

Discount on Photos:

15% Silver members, 20% Gold members, 25% Platinum members

Member Discount on Spa Signature Services during port days;

15% Silver members, 20% Gold members, 25% Platinum members

Nightly Chocolates to enjoy in your room

Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers

Priority Tender Tickets

Priority Disembarkation

(only available to U.S. citizens and benefits vary for international guests)

Laundry Service

25% on one bag of laundry Gold members, complimentary one bag of laundry Platinum members

Welcome gift

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries

(will be delivered to stateroom the first evening)

Concierge Service

Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine

Complimentary "Behind the Scenes" Ship Tour

Complimentary Sparkling Wine in Your Stateroom

Edited by mpk218

Is this for sure that they can do it imediately? The online brochure states that points will be awarded within 24 hours of your return from the sailing... http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ncl/latitudes/#/8

on another note, has anyone ever succesfully been upgraded a level mid sailing? (I will hit Gold 1/2 way through my next cruise)

Is this for sure that they can do it imediately? The online brochure states that points will be awarded within 24 hours of your return from the sailing... http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ncl/latitudes/#/8

on another note, has anyone ever succesfully been upgraded a level mid sailing? (I will hit Gold 1/2 way through my next cruise)

Your status cannot be upgraded at any point in the cruise. The status at beginning remains for the cruise duration.

We cruised on the Dawn Sep/Oct and were on the ship for 14 nights, for two B2B cruises. The cruises were separate bookings, albeit we had the same cabin for both 7 nights. What we had failed to notice was, that 4 nights into our first leg we hit enough points to move up from Gold to Platinum. On the second leg there were no Platinum privileges, presumably because the NCL system had not caught up with our status.

On reflection, had we recognised this, I would have approached the Latitudes rep to get the complimentary speciality restaurant meals and free laundry bag etc......ces't la vie....!!

We are looking forward to full Platinum benefits next month on the Star.

My own experience is that unless your cruise points have already been updated in NCL's HQ computer system, you're out of luck. When we became Platinums we were in the middle of B2B but luckily we had one night in Miami between the cruises.

When we got onboard for the second cruise, from check-in we got the preprinted Gold-level cards (the check-in staff of port contractor has no knowledge about levels and they can not do anything about it). Once onboard I went to meet the Cruise Consultant, he checked our current level from HQ system and since the points were already updated, our level showed Platinum there and he manually updated the info to ship's computer system. After that I could go to Guest Services and ask for new cards to be printed.

My own experience is that unless your cruise points have already been updated in NCL's HQ computer system, you're out of luck. When we became Platinums we were in the middle of B2B but luckily we had one night in Miami between the cruises.

When we got onboard for the second cruise, from check-in we got the preprinted Gold-level cards (the check-in staff of port contractor has no knowledge about levels and they can not do anything about it). Once onboard I went to meet the Cruise Consultant, he checked our current level from HQ system and since the points were already updated, our level showed Platinum there and he manually updated the info to ship's computer system. After that I could go to Guest Services and ask for new cards to be printed.

This sounds the most sensible way to handle it. Even with a B2B. It would be worth checking during the first cruise as somebody might be able to manually adjust your upcoming cruise, even though the "system" normally will not do it until the cruise is completed - which sounds fair.

Your status cannot be upgraded at any point in the cruise. The status at beginning remains for the cruise duration.

We cruised on the Dawn Sep/Oct and were on the ship for 14 nights, for two B2B cruises. The cruises were separate bookings, albeit we had the same cabin for both 7 nights. What we had failed to notice was, that 4 nights into our first leg we hit enough points to move up from Gold to Platinum. On the second leg there were no Platinum privileges, presumably because the NCL system had not caught up with our status.

On reflection, had we recognised this, I would have approached the Latitudes rep to get the complimentary speciality restaurant meals and free laundry bag etc......ces't la vie....!!

We are looking forward to full Platinum benefits next month on the Star.

Last summer on the Spirit, we had a level change to silver. I was told by someone here to contact the Latitude Manager on the Spirit ( Mr. Fishburn aka Fish) after we boarded.

He emailed his counterpart on the Jade and informed him of our change, so when we disembarked the Spirit and boarded the Jade a few hours later, Gary had all the info on hand and we were all set.

We were @ the Silver level with no prob., so I would contact the Latitudes Manager asap when you board the Pearl so he will have ample time to make the required changes for you.

cheers...the Ump...:D

We did a B2B and we changed between the two

It takes miami a few days to process it - so go to the latitudes manager who will take care of it for the cruise. He went to guest relations and got our cards changed for us

We were back 2 weeks before the system caught up