Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

I'm now looking for the perfect pair of jeans. *sigh* I have 1 pair - ONE - that is sheer perfection, but they're a good 10 years old and aren't going to make it much longer. I've tried on every brand of jeans known to man - from $20 to $300 - and my old perfect pair is from waaaay back when Lee jeans made a line called 'One True Fit.' Slightly higher in the back than the front and nipped in to avoid waist gap, not too low of a rise as I'm long-waisted, the seams are set slightly forward down the leg for a slimming effect and best of all, they came in LONG! I have yet to find a pair of jeans that is equally flattering, or fits me as well. Had I known Lee would stop making them, and any other jean in long lengths, I'd have bought every pair of 5/6 and 7/8 they had in stock. And now I'm sad thinking of the imminent demise of my jeans...

samiam, I can relate…how many times have I had the perfect thing, be it shoes or jeans or a top. Never to find it again :( I did just recently purchase a pair of pants on sale that I had bought last year and I wore them so much. The old ones aren't worn out at all, but finally just bit the bullet and got that "extra" pair. I wasn't intending to spend the money that day, but I knew I'd regret it from past experiences.

I'm happy to report the bra that Lois recommended fits me perfectly and I'm quite happy with it. Maybe enough to get a second one :p

where the straps in the back are much closer in....much

closer to the clasp for those of us who are full figured.....

Have you tried Olga? http://www.olgaintimates.com/bras Their straps are just a tich closer to the snaps in the back. I find they're very comfortable as well.

I am thinking about swimsuit cover ups. I am a larger girl, but not plus sized. I am looking for some stylish options.

For those looking for shoes, I love Zappos. I always have trouble finding shoes that fit, and never tried Zappos until recently. It is great to use - free shipping, free returns. I didn't hesitate to buy extra, knowing that I would only keep what fit and send the rest back at no extra charge. In the end, I was able to find a lot more in one order than I was able to find with multiple mall visits throughout the year.

How about a light weight sweater that feels very airy for evenings on board? I have a cute one, but it doesn't travel well at all. It seems like the lighter they are, the more they wrinkle.

Beach coverup -- use a cheap pashmina. Gather a few inches along a long edge, and make that the waistband... where it comes together, make 'bunny ears' like you are tying shoes, and tie the 'ears' together.

You should have plenty of fabric to cover the gap, and the fringed end looks fine if it hangs a little longer. I'm curvy, and it gives me plenty of coverage.

Beach coverup -- use a cheap pashmina. Gather a few inches along a long edge, and make that the waistband... where it comes together, make 'bunny ears' like you are tying shoes, and tie the 'ears' together.

You should have plenty of fabric to cover the gap, and the fringed end looks fine if it hangs a little longer. I'm curvy, and it gives me plenty of coverage.

I like that idea, too, and I do that when on beaches sometimes. While on the ship though, I prefer to have something that looks more sundress-like so that I can wander into any restaurant and feel fully dressed. Sometimes I just use a regular beach/sun dress as a coverup for that reason.

All I am looking for is a flesh colored bra with no writing or dark patterns on it that would feel cool in the heat and humidity of the tropics. I want one that is not too thin in front. Do they make nude color Coolmax bras?
Hmmm... I have a Champion Coolmax running bra in nude color, but it is definitely thin in front. I can only wear it with heavier shirts. Here is one I found at Macy's just googling "nude coolmax bra", but I don't own it. I hope you find something! I want one, too.

This is my favorite bra on earth. It is called Sassybax. It is the most comfortable bra I have ever worn. They come in several different styles. I live in the tropics and it is always cool. It also does not ride up. When I was standing in the bosom line, I must have been talking, I got more than I needed! This bra is wonderfully. It flys off the shelf so if you find your size-buy it! It also gives you a smooth line in back. Dottie

Hi Girls

I wish I had the same problem.........

Had Breast Cancer..........result.....a mangled boob!...Still looking for a dress to cover it up whilst still looking sexy.

Help!

I have been there and best of luck to you. Wrap dresses are good but,it is all in the underwear/clothes. Hope all is well now

Hi happy gran! I hope this finds you well today. I am from a big family of breast cancer survivors, so I understand a little of what you have gone through. This line of bras, ( Sassybax) has a lot of different options. You might just want to look into some of the styles. They are well made, soft and have a wide back. You step into them. They come in wired or not. I didn't think they would be supportive enough but they are fabulous! Good luck and have a great next trip!

Exactly! Years ago there was a certain bra I would buy at Mervyn's (I think they're long gone) It was as close to perfect as possible, & then they discontinued it... I've gone & gotten fitted, but everything they say fits me feels extremely uncomfortable... so I've resorted to wearing sports bras for everyday, which is fine for me, :) but for an actual going running bra, I just can't find one that really does the job:):

I think bras are designed for younger women with younger chests, & I really find it annoying. :) Thanks for listening to my rant.

I think so too! I can't find a bra that is really comfortable AND holds the girls up. I am extremely sensitive to any and all tight, pressure inducing clothes though, as well as anything itchy, sticky or hot.

We're not all 22 and high and firm anymore.

For exercise bras I've taken to wearing two cheapo ones from Walmart that work as good as anything when I need to control the bounce. I don't like most exercise bras for everyday wear because they are too binding to me.

The only time I had a bra fitting (some years ago) they suggested a band width that was so uncomfortable I couldn't buy a bra with that tightness. I've been seriously thinking about breast lift surgery, but probably won't do it because of the recovery part.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I've been seriously thinking about breast lift surgery, but probably won't do it because of the recovery part.

I had it done 4 years ago and it was a very easy surgery. In and out the same day. Other than some swelling that took a while to subside, it was not a big deal. I could have gone back to work by the third day but chose to stay off for a week. I didn't really need it though. There were some side effects (that I was warned about) but for me the benefits far outweighed the negatives.

Edited by twoputt.plusone

I had it done 4 years ago and it was a very easy surgery. In and out the same day. Other than some swelling that took a while to subside, it was not a big deal. I could have gone back to work by the third day but chose to stay off for a week. I didn't really need it though. There were some side effects (that I was warned about) but for me the benefits far outweighed the negatives.

So tempted; I'm 68, used to wear (I thought) a 34B and the bust has just gradually gotten bigger (I don't want bigger--I've never been fond of the look of big breasts) and lower. I'm now wearing a 36 (should be a 34, probably) D and I bet if I could find DD or DDD they'd fit better.

I know I should go to specialty bra stores, but we live in the boonies and I don't like ordering clothes from the internet--it never works out for me. Returns are a pain.

I don't understand why the increase in bust size as I have not gained all that much weight since high school--maybe 20 lbs. (currently 130). It can't all be breast tissue, at least according to my stomach!

Did you get a reduction at all with the lift?

So tempted; I'm 68, used to wear (I thought) a 34B and the bust has just gradually gotten bigger (I don't want bigger--I've never been fond of the look of big breasts) and lower. I'm now wearing a 36 (should be a 34, probably) D and I bet if I could find DD or DDD they'd fit better.

I know I should go to specialty bra stores, but we live in the boonies and I don't like ordering clothes from the internet--it never works out for me. Returns are a pain.

I don't understand why the increase in bust size as I have not gained all that much weight since high school--maybe 20 lbs. (currently 130). It can't all be breast tissue, at least according to my stomach!

Did you get a reduction at all with the lift?

You might want to consider talking to a good plastic surgeon to talk about the pros and cons. I'm also over 60 and have had a lot of surgeries over the years, none cosmetic before. I was surprized how easy it was.

Reduction can be covered by insurance if you have problems with back or shoulder pain, rashes beneath your breasts, postural changes etc. A reduction has the benefit of a lift. If you get your ducks in a row and your first appointment with the doctor contains your complaint about the mentioned malladies, you could be on your way to an insurance covered surgery. If you go to a plastic surgeon first and complain that you don't like the way you look, it will be considered cosmetic and not be covered. :)

PS I have never heard anyone regret a reduction.

Reduction can be covered by insurance if you have problems with back or shoulder pain, rashes beneath your breasts, postural changes etc. A reduction has the benefit of a lift. If you get your ducks in a row and your first appointment with the doctor contains your complaint about the mentioned malladies, you could be on your way to an insurance covered surgery. If you go to a plastic surgeon first and complain that you don't like the way you look, it will be considered cosmetic and not be covered. :)

PS I have never heard anyone regret a reduction.

I live in Canada so coverage was no problem. :D:D:D I did have to pay for some extra cosmetic work that was done at the same time.

My SIL had breast reduction done. She's so much happier now then before she had it done. Her breasts were huge! Men were always leering at her but she did it mostly because the weight of her breasts were causing her severe back pain. She loves her smaller breasts (which are still a nice size I might add).

I'm always in search of the "perfect" pair of jeans. I hate the newer low riding jeans and I don't want a pair of "Mom" jeans (even though I am a mom; LOL.

Edited by mousey

My SIL had breast reduction done. She's so much happier now then before she had it done. Her breasts were huge! Men were always leering at her but she did it mostly because the weight of her breasts were causing her severe back pain. She loves her smaller breasts (which are still a nice size I might add).

I'm always in search of the "perfect" pair of jeans. I hate the newer low riding jeans and I don't want a pair of "Mom" jeans (even though I am a mom; LOL.

I like the American Eagle jeans - great fit for me, and very reasonable price (about $30 on sale)!

I can answer your question. I did a ton of research before I had my reduction. There are three times in a woman's life when breast tissue "grows". Puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. I got mine complements of my second pregnacy (36B->->36E!) and they didn't go down.

I still say it was the best $25 I ever spent!