Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

I have a Coach store just 2 miles from me. But, I don't like Coach products. thanks, anyway.

On a whim, I went on ebay and did a search for my wallet - FOUND IT!!! It isn't the same color, but that's OK. AND, it's NEW, with tags, and only cost me $7.99, where the original cost me $65 back in 2006…. My first purchase on ebay :D I put in the low bid and I was the only one. I may have to go to one of the other sellers and buy another one to keep in storage until the new one dies…

Congratulations!

I can't tell you.how many people (male and female) come in looking for a wallet they bought years ago and can't replace. Especially the guys. They come in, slap their wallet down and say they want another one just like it. They don' like the newer styles we carry. The credt card slots are facing the wrong way or not enough of them. The leater is too soft, too hard. Thet find the right shape, but they want 2 cash slots. The list goes on and I get treated like it's my fault :rolleyes: I just work there, I'm not a designer. I've even told them to write to the manufacturer and will provide the address.

Last week I went to Chico's and went through the sale rack. I found a pair of white pants I bought last year and I wear them more than any others. I didn't hesitate to repurchase those pants. I think we should always do this with clothes, shoes, wallets, etc...

I can also recommend Sherpani. (And it's slidergirl's fault.) :)

I'm in love with this one: Not the classy bag I thought I wanted, but it's so fun, and only $37.00, so I must have it. Still looking for more. I'm the goof who will take 4 purses on a 7 night cruise. Ha! :p

2159012-p-MULTIVIEW_zpsff591715.jpg

I'm in love with this one: Not the classy bag I thought I wanted, but it's so fun, and only $37.00, so I must have it. Still looking for more. I'm the goof who will take 4 purses on a 7 night cruise. Ha! :p

Very cute:)..where did you find it?

Very cute:)..where did you find it?

6pm dot com

The pattern is called Surfer Girl, and they have several Sherpani styles with that same print. But the Sherpani website has certain bags in that print for less that 6pm does, but some are more, so you might want to compare. Same with Amazon.

6pm dot com

The pattern is called Surfer Girl, and they have several Sherpani styles with that same print. But the Sherpani website has certain bags in that print for less that 6pm does, but some are more, so you might want to compare. Same with Amazon.

Thanks....I've found it listed several places but each place says Sold Out:(. I'm still looking....:)

OMG I need to have that!

It's for sale on Ebay. Since it's a retired item, it is definitely hard to find. You can rent it for $55 from renttherunway dot com, but I've never done that, so not sure exactly how it works.

Guest maddycat
Waterproof/resistant coat with removable liner to wear in Fjords and Arctic Circle. Something long enough to cover my rear end. I have jackets that I wear here, but my rain coat isn't big enough to wear with fleece under and my warm coat is not waterproof. Don't want to spend $300 for North Face 3 in 1, we just don't get that cold here.

Have you tried LLBean or Lands End?

Ahhhh....never thought about it until you posted this reply and I just

deal with what I can find but finding the perfect bra would be amazing.

When I say perfect? One with straps that stay up all of the time, every

time. I know over the years on here I have read "bra" threads.....more

than I can remember. I know exactly what I want but I don't think they

make it.....where the straps in the back are much closer in....much

closer to the clasp for those of us who are full figured.....

Exactly! Years ago there was a certain bra I would buy at Mervyn's (I think they're long gone) It was as close to perfect as possible, & then they discontinued it... I've gone & gotten fitted, but everything they say fits me feels extremely uncomfortable... so I've resorted to wearing sports bras for everyday, which is fine for me, :) but for an actual going running bra, I just can't find one that really does the job:):

I think bras are designed for younger women with younger chests, & I really find it annoying. :) Thanks for listening to my rant.

.... but for an actual going running bra, I just can't find one that really does the job:):

I think bras are designed for younger women with younger chests, & I really find it annoying. :) Thanks for listening to my rant.

If being larger-sized is the issue, Moving Comfort bras generally work for me, especially the Maia. I'm a runner, and they hold my blessings securely in place, without giving me a total uni-boob. :D

I can also recommend Sherpani. (And it's slidergirl's fault.) :)

I was going to say that I did get you hooked… ;)

They have another sale going on - I had to use a ton of willpower to say no. All the luggage is $99.95. I'd LOVE to have the 20" roller…

The Luna slim cross body is going for $24.95 right now. it's a great little bag.

I've got that pattern in the Sonoma backpack purse. It's my daily purse that I take to work. I LOVE it!!!

If you live in the US, you can also find Sherpani at REI stores.

A friend of mine and I often discuss our apparently fruitless search for the perfect.... for us it can be pair of jeans, purse, bra, you get the idea.

So, just for fun, what is that one item (or two or three or...) you search for but never seem to quite find.

Oh, believe it or not, I am on an endless search for the perfect white t shirt. You know, the one that's shaped like a girl, is true white, is long enough, but not too long, isn't see through but is silky feeling. Get the idea?

P.S. And of course there is the seemingly endless search for the perfect haircut.. sigh

Have you tried the pure JJill shirts. They fit like a dream & I love the fabric & they wash great

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Pair of shoes.

I've gotten to the point where I just cannot tolerate heels any longer due to nerve damage in my right foot. The only shoes I can wear (besides sneakers, of course) look like orthopedic shoes.

Why can't a well made, flat shoe be made to be comfortable without that thick looking sole? I've tried ballet flats…too flat, I need the arch support. Munro makes a great flat shoe, then I see women a lot older than I wearing them and I just think, I'm in old lady shoes :(

I want all that at a price point I can also tolerate. Edit: I wear a 10 wide, doesn't help.

I love aerosoles. They also come in wides. I love there flat mules.

Sharon

I am looking for the perfect long travel dress preferably black with sleeves that can be worn plain or dressed up with jewelry .Must be wrinkle free and easy to pack . Conservative & classy .

Been MIA and now I seem to have all the answers --- just joking -- but with 90% of my wardrobe black & most dresses I find Travelsmith to have and amazing selection of black travel dresses. I wear them for work too as don't. Wrinkle & can switch out cardigan for wrap etc to change it up. I must have about 10 Travelsmith dresses at least 7 are black.

I'm a lawyer who works for a major government contractor as a Sr contract manager so tend to be conservative. Check them out

Sharon

Have you tried the pure JJill shirts. They fit like a dream & I love the fabric & they wash great

Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I just went to look and there are TONS of Ts on sale at JJill - $9.99!

Been MIA and now I seem to have all the answers --- just joking -- but with 90% of my wardrobe black & most dresses I find Travelsmith to have and amazing selection of black travel dresses. I wear them for work too as don't. Wrinkle & can switch out cardigan for wrap etc to change it up. I must have about 10 Travelsmith dresses at least 7 are black.

I'm a lawyer who works for a major government contractor as a Sr contract manager so tend to be conservative. Check them out

Sharon

Thanks , I have been eyeing the travelsmith dresses .

Thanks Sharon. I just went to look and there are TONS of Ts on sale at JJill - $9.99!

:). My favorite tshirts are the pure Jjill brand but they are cut I think a bit bigger in bust and I am busty.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to start another thread but figured since it seems I found

the PERFECT BRA I would post in on here:D......Wacoal has a new

style (well at least new to me).....and OMG......I really, really, REALLY

love it:),,,,,the straps are set in and have not slipped off my shoulders

AT ALL.....it is comfortable too;)......maybe I have found it? The

bra I have been searching for.....? It seems so!!!!

I was going to start another thread but figured since it seems I found

the PERFECT BRA I would post in on here:D......Wacoal has a new

style (well at least new to me).....and OMG......I really, really, REALLY

love it:),,,,,the straps are set in and have not slipped off my shoulders

AT ALL.....it is comfortable too;)......maybe I have found it? The

bra I have been searching for.....? It seems so!!!!

What, Lois, no picture? hahahahahahahaha :D