Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

I can answer your question. I did a ton of research before I had my reduction. There are three times in a woman's life when breast tissue "grows". Puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. I got mine complements of my second pregnacy (36B->->36E!) and they didn't go down.

I still say it was the best $25 I ever spent!

That clears the mystery up! I knew about the first two, of course, but did not know menopause caused an increase in breast tissue. I've gained at least two and maybe 3 or 4 cup sizes, which wouldn't be too bad, (though as I said, I don't like large breasts,) if they had stayed 'up'.

I'm still not big enough that a breast reduction makes sense, I'm afraid.

Sunhats - yes! I have two varieties of sunhats. 1 that is more technical - chin strap, UPF, water proof (Goretex) I have two hats from Outdoor Research - one is over 25 yrs old and still in great shape, the other I bought super cheap from Sierra Trading Post a couple years ago and wore constantly on a sailing trip last year and it looks brand new as well.

For "prettier" but less practical (eg walking around a port or the beach or for Saturday morning farmer's markets at home) I have a packable "straw" (I think it's actually grass) wide brim hat from TJ Maxx.

PS I had a breast reduction when I was 19 - one of the best decisions of my life! Mine was completely covered by health insurance due to my neck & back issues. At 40, I want another one! I gained a lot of weight in my 30s (I was skinny with huge boobs when I was 19:rolleyes:) I've lost 60lbs but my boobs are still huge. Maybe again - we'll see. They're not as big as they once were (Thank goodness!) and I haven't (yet...) experienced the neck or back pain as badly.

I have several sun hats. I love this one from Coolibar, when my hair is long enough for a ponytail.

http://www.coolibar.com/thumbnail/Sun-Hats/Womens/Floppy/pc/2222/c/2271/2196.uts

I bout the large brim and the floppy in these and took the floppy brim om my Caribbean cruise last December.

http://www.crushableseagrasshats.com/products.aspx

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and how everyone has helped each other find the perfect item. I bought a pair of dress pants at a lawn sale last year, they are from the Limited, they are the most comfortable and flattering pants I have ever owned. I tried ordering a pair on line, but it seems the style I have is very outdated and the pair I purchased was nothing like the pair I have.

I certainly hope to find another pair like them some day. :(

I have several sun hats. I love this one from Coolibar, when my hair is long enough for a ponytail.

http://www.coolibar.com/thumbnail/Sun-Hats/Womens/Floppy/pc/2222/c/2271/2196.uts

I bout the large brim and the floppy in these and took the floppy brim om my Caribbean cruise last December.

http://www.crushableseagrasshats.com/products.aspx

I really love the floppy in the second link. Do these really fold well and travel well? I'm a bit instruction-challenged it seems, because I can't understand the instructions on how to fold it. I wish they had pictures or a video. LOL!

I really love the floppy in the second link. Do these really fold well and travel well? I'm a bit instruction-challenged it seems, because I can't understand the instructions on how to fold it. I wish they had pictures or a video. LOL!

You can literally roll them from one side, crown included, and tuck them into your suitcase. Take it our, shake it loose, and you are good to go.

You can literally roll them from one side, crown included, and tuck them into your suitcase. Take it our, shake it loose, and you are good to go.

That's it - I'm buying one. It will likely blow off my head into the ocean the first day, but I'm going for it.

Did you take that picture just for me? You rock, Amy! Thank you.

Edited by LrgPizza

That's it - I'm buying one. It will likely blow off my head into the ocean the first day, but I'm going for it.

Did you take that picture just for me? You rock, Amy! Thank you.

They claim that the cord, when tightened, will keep it on your head in a 40mph wind. They also have a deep crown so sit down on your head. I just love mine.

Yes, but my iphone makes that easy peasy!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This arrived yesterday, and it is soooooo elegant and beautiful. It comes just about to my elbows in front, and is just at the bottom of my tush in back. I am really pleased with this.

Now, we will see how it does while I'm eating!!

That's beautiful! So funny. I 'bumped into' that website two days ago...had never heard of it but put two things in a 'cart' and now I'm thinking this would actually go perfect, in black, with a dress I have. I like that the wrap is secured in back so I don't have to fuss with a scarf while eating or walking. Very elegant!

Caribbean Princess~Western Caribbean~April 2014

Celebrity Millennium~Alaska~July 2014

Celebrity Reflection~Eastern Caribbean~February 2013

Crown Princess~Western Caribbean~February 2011

I have been searching for a pair of jeans. I have had one pair that I bought at JC penny's 4(!!!) years ago. They stopped carrying them and I had not found a pair that I really liked until this last fall. Now I am a plus size girl so all these jeans that have that "instantly slim you" crap make me look like a busted can of biscuits (which is worse than a muffin top!). They now have a line called A.N.A. (A new approach). I think mine were $25 on sale and I love them!! I regularly ride in the car for 3 hours and they don't fall off me and stretch out horribly and they don't cut you in two. They are amazing! And as I am 31 with no kids they don't look like mom jeans. ;-) Now to find dress pants, sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can answer your question. I did a ton of research before I had my reduction. There are three times in a woman's life when breast tissue "grows". Puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. I got mine complements of my second pregnacy (36B->->36E!) and they didn't go down.

I still say it was the best $25 I ever spent!

Your bust size will also increase with weight gain.

I am a very young 59, a runner, swimmer, and I still work and carry around a "D" rack. My sister and her daughter "DD". When I took her to Soma the first time she said "How is it I never knew about this place".

They have the only bra that I don't have to chase all day. And sports bras that you don't have to cut off after a run.

You owe it to yourself to try them. If there is not one in your area go to the website. If the fit is not right send it back until you get it right, you wont be sorry.

I totally agree with you on Soma! I love their products, their service, everything about them! I am 61 and am a 38DD. Nothing added, just taken away! I would love to be a C, but wasn't the hand I was dealt. Haha! Age and weight gain have added to the girls. I love the Sassybax for how they smooth your back.

Okay, you need to give us something to work with. Style? Length? Color?

White, A-Line, skater, or fit and flare, prefer above the knee but not hoochie mama short, cotton or linen, beachy, not strapless and no V-Neck. I have one coming in the mail that my girlfriend found on a sale rack at Kohl's that was only $30 :) . I also found a couple at Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer, so I'm not in panic mode, yet.

Edited by ducklite

White, A-Line, skater, or fit and flare, prefer above the knee but not hoochie mama short, cotton or linen, beachy, not strapless and no V-Neck. I have one coming in the mail that my girlfriend found on a sale rack at Kohl's that was only $30 :) . I also found a couple at Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer, so I'm not in panic mode, yet.

I believe there was an entire thread on your dress search, yes? You should definitely update that thread and let us know what you've tried!!

I believe there was an entire thread on your dress search, yes? You should definitely update that thread and let us know what you've tried!!

Yes, although with search down, finding it might be a challenge. :::heavy sigh:::

Searching for the perfect... Wristlet or small crossbody purse. I want one that is large enough for iPhone, money, lipstick, small hairbrush, and not much more. I want something beachy or tropical, but not gaudy and still classy. I've yet to find anything that seems just right for me.
I spent most of last year looking for a smallish crossbody too! Ebags has tons of great options - I ended up with one from their own line-

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/terrace-mini-bag/94557?productid=1318683

But I am still obsessed with crossbody bags ;) so I keep looking and have found some really cute Kipling ones at Marshall's. Fossil makes some great bags.

This one from The Sak is making my shortlist -

http://www.ebags.com/product/the-sak/kearny-mini-flap-crossbody/271039?productid=10295739

• 3 weeks later...

The perfect way to carry my SeaPass card when I don't have any pockets (including hubby's).

No lanyards because they might clash with my jewelry and the rest of the outfit.

Not in my hand because it's inconvenient to put it down all the time not to mention it might be forgotten.

Not in my bra because it sticks to the skin and is just :eek:

Not in a purse or a handbag because I might not be carrying anything else with me thus making the bag inconvenient.

:mad::o:(

The perfect way to carry my SeaPass card when I don't have any pockets (including hubby's).

No lanyards because they might clash with my jewelry and the rest of the outfit.

Not in my hand because it's inconvenient to put it down all the time not to mention it might be forgotten.

Not in my bra because it sticks to the skin and is just :eek:

Not in a purse or a handbag because I might not be carrying anything else with me thus making the bag inconvenient.

:mad::o:(

I use a clip on retractable id badge holder. The seapass card fits perfectly, and I clip it in on the waistband of my pants, under my top.

Edited by pcur

I spent most of last year looking for a smallish crossbody too! Ebags has tons of great options - I ended up with one from their own line-

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/terrace-mini-bag/94557?productid=1318683

But I am still obsessed with crossbody bags ;) so I keep looking and have found some really cute Kipling ones at Marshall's. Fossil makes some great bags.

This one from The Sak is making my shortlist -

http://www.ebags.com/product/the-sak/kearny-mini-flap-crossbody/271039?productid=10295739

No wonder it's on your shortlist, it's adorable! Go for it!:D

No wonder it's on your shortlist, it's adorable! Go for it!:D

Don't encourage me, I'm tying to be good! Already this month I've found the perfect white tee at the Eddie Bauer outlet, and the perfect shorts at Gap, and the perfect v necks at Target - you get the idea ;)