A Few Allure Questions

CynBeth

We will be going on a cruise this summer on the Allure and have a few questions.

Are you allowed to take unopened bottled water off the ship to take on excursions?

If you purchase the royal replenish non-alcoholic drink package is there a limit to how many times you can go to get a bottle of water in a day?

Is there some type of welcome show the day you embark and a farewell show the last night and if so do they need to be reserved or is that just for the ice skating show, aqua show, etc?

When do you get to reserve shows online?

Thanks so much!

Edited by CynBeth

We will be going on a cruise this summer on the Allure and have a few questions.

Are you allowed to take unopened bottled water off the ship to take on excursions?

If you purchase the royal replenish non-alcoholic drink package is there a limit to how many times you can go to get a bottle of water in a day?

Is there some type of welcome show the day you embark and a farewell show the last night and if so do they need to be reserved or is that just for the ice skating show, aqua show, etc?

Thanks so much!

You can take water bottles off the ship. So far there's no limit to how many bottles of water you can get in a day from a package.

No traditional welcome aboard or farewell show on Allure.

No set time for show reservations to open. Just keep checking the website.

Edited by clarea

Hi Cynbeth!

Yes you can take an unopened bottle or even an open one off the ship. They are fussier about getting back on with an open bottle (for fear you are smuggling booze back on) but I have had them take a peek at a sealed water bottle and wave me back in board with it.

I cant answer about the package, never had one.

There is not a traditional "welcome aboard" show on Allure like on other ships. There are a variety of shows that run different times over the course of a few nights. About 60-100 days before sailing, they will open up the shows for booking on your "pre cruise planner" on line. I start checking about 100 days out every couple of days. Also, your Roll Call members may also post when shows are "open"

In my Allure review, (linked in my signature) I have the Allure shows reviewed in one section, so you can get an idea about what each is like and if it would interest you. I also give tips about where to sit;)

You really should make online reservations for the shows, they are popular and while they don't fill fast, of you don't want to miss out, it's good to book ahead. You can always go to Studio B on embarkation day and book any last minute changes or additions if you can't get what you want on line. Also you can make changes to your show schedule or dining schedule on your cabin TV. Obviously, the closer to sailing time, the fewer options, but most shows run often enough to accomodate everyone!

Happy cruising !

Edited by Familygoboston

Thanks so much!

You will love the Allure.

When are you sailing.

Sea Ya

I'm on the Allure right now and have the Royal Replenish package. As far as I can tell, there is no limit on the number of bottled waters that you can get, and even if there was, they only seem to swipe the cards 50% of the time or less.

There are welcome aboard activities/shows/parades/whatever, but reservations are not needed. Same with the farewell.

We just cruised on Allure on 12/8/13 and we were able to book our show reservations the weekend of 10/12/13... so I recommend doing so ~2 months in advance, if you try before then the option to reserve won't be available. We had no issues getting a spot in the show, however if you do it closer to the sailing it may be more tough to get a reservation.

Have a great time, the ship is awesome as are the shows :)

Thanks so much!

Just a note, you do not get Evian water with the package. You will be given Crystal Geyser.

Also, you cannot bring an open bottle back onto the ship

Get the freshly squeezed orange juice from cafe promenade or MDR breakfast. So good. I must have drank 10 a day.

When we first boarded, we went to each bar & restaurant on promenade deck 3 or 4 times (1 after the other)' got a bunch of water bottles to keep in the room. Very easy & convenient.

They say you can only get 1 beverage @ a time, but you literally get your drink, walk out & walk back in to get another (if for instance you want a coffee & oj in the morning).

Check the website daily to see when reservations are open & then make them for everything you possibly can. Way simpler to change a reservation than make a new one.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

One excursion question. For Cozumel we are doing a tour and have to take that ferry to the other dock and could experience rough seas. Is there a recommendation for a non prescription motion sickness pill or something else to do to make sure we do not get sick just for that day?

One excursion question. For Cozumel we are doing a tour and have to take that ferry to the other dock and could experience rough seas. Is there a recommendation for a non prescription motion sickness pill or something else to do to make sure we do not get sick just for that day?

If someone could please answer that would be great. Thanks!

I'm really prone to motion sickness, so you may want to take my advice w a grain of salt! Last year when we went to Cozumel and rode on the "water taxi" I was wearing the rx patch and still felt really green! I've worn it on a prop plane and zip lining but Cozumel water taxi got me lol!!! I recommend sitting on the top deck and finding a focal point on the horizon to stare at!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Take ginger tablets. They work great. DH suffers from motion sickness. He takes one each day on the cruise.

Get the freshly squeezed orange juice from cafe promenade or MDR breakfast. So good. I must have drank 10 a day.

When we first boarded, we went to each bar & restaurant on promenade deck 3 or 4 times (1 after the other)' got a bunch of water bottles to keep in the room. Very easy & convenient.

They say you can only get 1 beverage @ a time, but you literally get your drink, walk out & walk back in to get another (if for instance you want a coffee & oj in the morning).

Check the website daily to see when reservations are open & then make them for everything you possibly can. Way simpler to change a reservation than make a new one.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Was there an added fee for the fresh squeezed orange juice from the café promenade and MDR breakfast?