cruise at easter

stevet2607

We are thinking of Arcadia to Central Meditteranean over Easter. The cruise looks good value as its £600 cheaper than an identical cruise 6 weeks later. We are trying to think of any dissadvantages of travelling at this time that might reflect on the price, but cant think any. Wondering if anyone can think of any....

Easter day is a sea day so no fear of a city being closed

Its an adult only ship so no children on holiday, although maybe the odd teacher on board (I didnt mean teachers are odd!)

Weather in Med should be pleasant in April

Thanks

The only reason I can think of the price being so much less is the fact that it is the med in April. It can be pleasant as you say but it can be still very cool and changeable. I would go with layers to wear and you will be fine. Whatever the weather will be better than here:cool:

We are thinking of Arcadia to Central Meditteranean over Easter. The cruise looks good value as its £600 cheaper than an identical cruise 6 weeks later. We are trying to think of any dissadvantages of travelling at this time that might reflect on the price, but cant think any. Wondering if anyone can think of any....

Easter day is a sea day so no fear of a city being closed

Its an adult only ship so no children on holiday, although maybe the odd teacher on board (I didnt mean teachers are odd!)

Weather in Med should be pleasant in April

Thanks

Is that J402, the one we are on? Last time I looked at cabin availability, it looked pretty well booked up.

Yes, I hope the weather is ok.

You will be in Venice on Easter Monday.... have you checked what is open or not in Venice on that day?

Just a thought as years ago we were in Madeira on Easter Monday and nearly everything we wanted to do was closed.

Yes, the weather is the reason it is cheaper. April is extremely early for the Med unless you are going to the far eastern end. Just don't go expecting to get a tan! Pray for smooth seas and not too much rain. You could be lucky or you could be unlucky. It is a very unreliable time of year.

Do not expect much in the way of onboard celebration of Easter. I thought they could have given us a mini-egg for the turn down chocolate, but no!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, the weather is the reason it is cheaper. April is extremely early for the Med unless you are going to the far eastern end. Just don't go expecting to get a tan! Pray for smooth seas and not too much rain. You could be lucky or you could be unlucky. It is a very unreliable time of year.

Do not expect much in the way of onboard celebration of Easter. I thought they could have given us a mini-egg for the turn down chocolate, but no!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have to say what we liked about Easter on board is there is a very very well attended service. That's just us as we are Church goers, but it was nice.

Being as I am still munching my way through Christmas chocolates, I am on chocolate overload at the moment, and will not mind at all if there are no chocolates on the pillow.!!!!

just re read the posts

Do not expect much in the way of onboard celebration of Easter.

I guess its how you see Easter..we like it because they do provide a service with a minister...somebody else sees it as chocolates.!!!

Takes all sorts. I think you will find somewhere in the atrium an amazing display of chocolate eggs. I think there is usually a raffle for the huge great one.

Have to say what we liked about Easter on board is there is a very very well attended service. That's just us as we are Church goers, but it was nice.

]QUOTE]

That's really good to read - can't wait - first Easter cruise in April, so we are pleased that they will recognise it with a service.

BUT , we still want our chocolate eggs :);)

AND hot cross buns! :D

]QUOTE]

That's really good to read - can't wait - first Easter cruise in April, so we are pleased that they will recognise it with a service.

BUT , we still want our chocolate eggs :);)

AND hot cross buns! :D

Off topic, but I thought you Brits would like to know Hot Cross Buns have been on sale in Australian Supermarkets, Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, since New Years Day. They will be a bit stale by Easter Sunday. LOL.

No doubt Arcadia will have fresh ones on board for Easter, I don't eat them anyway unless there are some gluten free ones for us Coeliacs, not seen them here, perhaps in the UK?

Edited by NSWP

I think you'll find Azura sails for the western med Sat.19t

Well I was thinking that cos I am on it, sails on Easter Saturday, 19th April, 14 nights. So it will cover all the Easter hols for a lot of schools. What bliss. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

Well I was thinking that cos I am on it, sails on Easter Saturday, 19th April, 14 nights. So it will cover all the Easter hols for a lot of schools. What bliss. ;)

This may make your day -- but, most schools break up for the Easter holidays the week before this, on the 11th, so, as it is a 14 day cruise you may have escaped. :)

This may make your day -- but, most schools break up for the Easter holidays the week before this, on the 11th, so, as it is a 14 day cruise you may have escaped. :)

Dam. :) ;) ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our school in Suffolk breaks up on the 4th.

Just reread this - does this mean that, as we sail on Easter Saturday, we may not have loads of children from the South of England on board. (I have no issue with children / families, but, as a couple travelling with no children it would be a treat if is was slightly quieter than when we go on August) :)

PS Just been checking on different sites and it seems that lots of schools break up on the 4th ------------

Am now with DaiB on this one ----------- oh dear, what a shame --- :D

Edited by Presto2

A mini cruise to Bruges.

We did something similar for my big 5 0 birthday , but went on the IOS for a 4 day mini cruise (first time RCI)

We had a great time, but would avoid Royal Caribbean in August !

We visited Ghent and loved it - if you get the chance go there and do a boat trip ---- wonderful. ;)